Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Sign Melky!
    It's a bad idea to sign Melky. I don't think the dynamic will be hurt by having Melky there, guys will forgive him for making a mistake easy. But the distraction will be annoying. Melky will end up being a Manny-sized distraction after giving up the batting title. There will be continued speculation about him if he does well.. and if he does poorly there will still be speculation.

Plus it will bother a lot of Giant fans who don't understand how prevalent PEDs are in Baseball and sports. Melky is not Bonds(allegedly ), fans won't be quick to forget.

Melky would be an excellent value at the contract he will likely get, but it wouldn't be worth it for the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildPhins10 View Post
    Again what aboiut the players in the club house?? How would they welcome Melky? Since he just got up and left and never said anything to the guys... Would they welcome him back to the club house?
    No one knows but the players themselves. But it's the GM's job to field the best team possible, not the fellow players. I think it's just as valid a question if Bochy & Sabean would welcome him back...those are the opinions that matter.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    No one knows but the players themselves. But it's the GM's job to field the best team possible, not the fellow players. I think it's just as valid a question if Bochy & Sabean would welcome him back...those are the opinions that matter.
    It's the GM's job to bring the best team possible that will work together to defend their title. If sabean and bochy are ok with bringing him back, then that is the first step. Then they should go to the players or ask the players to come to their office and talk about it. Let's say Posey or Cain or both don't want him back, or some other main player has concerns about him playing back with the team. If the front office ignores how the players feel, that could be quite stupid. Not saying there is many, but there might be a few important players they should listen to before they make a decision.

I personally want him back, if the players are ok with him coming back. We could get a good outfielder and hopefully at a good price and help cover a hole we have in the outfield. If Pagan leaves more reason to get him back, but it just depends.

^^WE NEED THESE GUYS NOW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    But if the players in the clubhouse feel any kind of animosity towards Melky, that would do much more damage to teh club house than what "skill" Melky brings to the team... If Posey/Timmy/Panda/Pence/Cain and whomever else that are main-stays on this team do not want him back I really doubt management brings them back... bringing something that could tear the team apart would be the worst possible move...

but then again no one knows... if they love him then heck yeah I am all for Melky!!!!!

Sig by phins1983

Patience is a virtue

SF GIANTS WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!! 2010!!!!! & 2012!!!!!
    MATT CAIN Perfect game!!! 06/13/2012!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12