Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Report: Melky Cabrera Gets Full Share

ESPN.com news services

Melky Cabrera, who was suspended 50 games and left off the San Francisco Giants postseason roster, will still receive a full playoff share per union rules, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The rule calls for a full share if a team plays 10 games past when a penalized player may return, according to the paper. On the roster for 117 games, Cabrera was due a 72.2 percent share, but got bumped up to 100 percent when the Giants played 11 more games after Game 1 of the NLCS, when Cabrera was eligible to return.

Cabrera was suspended for a positive testosterone test on Aug. 15, a month after he was the All-Star Game MVP. He was batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs in his first season with San Francisco. Cabrera also asked to be removed from contention for the batting crown, saying he had no wish to win a tainted title.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

vCash
    Now hopefully he gets a nice raise from that share this offseason from the Giants.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Now hopefully he gets a nice raise from that share this offseason from the Giants.

I've waffled on how I feel about the Melky thing, and I understand why the FO has seemed to be done with him, but it'd be incredibly dumb of them to not try and get him cheap.

vCash
    Was this ever in doubt?

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Sign Melky!
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    He did more for the team than most of the roster. He deserved a full share.

When Pagan was ice cold, Belt was being jacked around, Panda was hurt, theriot was our 2b, Crawford was hitting .210..it was Melky who really helped to keep us close to LA to start the season. He really carried the team for a long period of time, he and Posey.

It would have been disgraceful if he didn't get his share.

vCash
    Have we thought about how the players feel towards Melky??

vCash
    Sign him for 1 year and wait for the next crop of free agents next off season.

vCash
    This is a redemption year for Melky. He's comfortable here, and we should take advantage of that and get him to sign cheap for 1 year.

vCash
    I think the Giants need to make a run at him, the value is definitely going to be there.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Sign cheap and make him prove himself to the SF fans again. I think he can still bat over .300

vCash
    Again what aboiut the players in the club house?? How would they welcome Melky? Since he just got up and left and never said anything to the guys... Would they welcome him back to the club house?

vCash
    We have no idea.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rcs15 View Post
    He did more for the team than most of the roster. He deserved a full share.

When Pagan was ice cold, Belt was being jacked around, Panda was hurt, theriot was our 2b, Crawford was hitting .210..it was Melky who really helped to keep us close to LA to start the season. He really carried the team for a long period of time, he and Posey.

It would have been disgraceful if he didn't get his share.
    Yep it would've been disgraceful to a disgrace.

vCash
    Get off your high horse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast