Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should Vince Carter have his jersey retired in Toronto?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One playoff series win is not enough success.

    21 60.00%
  • Yes. He was an all-star.

    14 40.00%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 211
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,063
    vCash
    1500
    you can pretend as much as you want that VC wasn't the biggest deal to ever happen to Toronto and wasnt one of the biggest things in basketball. Sure we all know he got too full of it all and took advantage of Toronto, but we know that, he knows that. He's matured, I don't see how you can't see that. A could go on but I know many dont want to hear it. Basically relationships are all different, and Vince/TOR relationship took a LONG time to heal. Seeing that some are STILL bitter. That's the way it is, accept it. It took a long time to repair but it's stupid to just act like it never happened and not embrace it.

    Toronto would be not existant if it weren't for VC. Remember the Vancouver Grizzlies? Sure Toronto's a better city, but no doubt in my mind the franchise would most likely be gone.

    put the hate aside, this isn't a real ex this is basketball. He gave you guys the show of your lives gauranteed and I KNOW that MOST Toronto Raptor fans became such big fans because of what they were watching back in 2000s.

    tell me you dont miss those days.



    anyway what is this deal about Vince saying he wanted to stay the day before and the GM STILL pushed that horrible trade that was on the table? VC is one patient son of a ***** if he decided to keep that private this whole time. He's too private sometimes

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,093
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    you can pretend as much as you want that VC wasn't the biggest deal to ever happen to Toronto and wasnt one of the biggest things in basketball. Sure we all know he got too full of it all and took advantage of Toronto, but we know that, he knows that. He's matured, I don't see how you can't see that. A could go on but I know many dont want to hear it. Basically relationships are all different, and Vince/TOR relationship took a LONG time to heal. Seeing that some are STILL bitter. That's the way it is, accept it. It took a long time to repair but it's stupid to just act like it never happened and not embrace it.

    Toronto would be not existant if it weren't for VC. Remember the Vancouver Grizzlies? Sure Toronto's a better city, but no doubt in my mind the franchise would most likely be gone.

    put the hate aside, this isn't a real ex this is basketball. He gave you guys the show of your lives gauranteed and I KNOW that MOST Toronto Raptor fans became such big fans because of what they were watching back in 2000s.

    tell me you dont miss those days.



    anyway what is this deal about Vince saying he wanted to stay the day before and the GM STILL pushed that horrible trade that was on the table? VC is one patient son of a ***** if he decided to keep that private this whole time. He's too private sometimes

    The key word is 'WAS'.. its time to move on from VC days and look forward. VC wont help this team much anyway.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    325
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    Not arguing this.

    umm...Chris Bosh?

    CB wasn't as popular as Vince.

    But Melo didn't admit to quitting and faking injuries...he just continued to play his game until he got what he wanted. If he left the way Melo did I would've hated him for a while but forgiven him eventually.

    What proof is there that Vince faked injuries or that he tipped of opposing teams?

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,237
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwilderz View Post
    This is funny .. All you guys are hating on V.C like he owe you guys something.

    Bottom line is .. the team needs help and sadly V.C can be that help we need to be a better team.

    #1 Raptor killer playing for the RAPS? I say hell YES! sign him up!
    You can celebrate a quitting prick like Wince. I won't.

    This team needs to focus on the present and future. Not the past and some washed up has been
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-07-2012 at 05:02 PM.


  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    36,237
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade123 View Post
    umm...Chris Bosh?

    CB wasn't as popular as Vince.




    What proof is there that Vince faked injuries or that he tipped of opposing teams?
    Did I say he was a s popular as Wince? I already mentioned that I thought koreancabbage said that we hhave no greatest raptor after Wince but I misinterpreted it.

    And for the 2nd part, watch the video rego posted in the beginning of the thread.


  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,075
    vCash
    1500
    These interviews are pointless and I don't believe it for a second. All they do is pander to the nostalgists in our fan base. Like a Saddler said, the damage has been done.

    His play in that last year was a disgrace. He wanted out, and he sure as **** played like it.

    Remember the guy QUIT on his team. After that he went on TV and ADMITTED he quit on the team, which is the lowest thing you could possibly do. Then 5 years later after seeing all the backlash he got from the piece, he tells TheScore that it was edited in the wrong way.

    The guy is a piece of **** and we don't need him on this team.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,063
    vCash
    1500
    this sounds just like a relationship lol. Some ppl can forgive some cant, although after a long period of time almost anyone can forgive

    Saddler reminds me of the type of guy who dies angry and alone from being unable to forgive (dont worry that's me too but I like VC so ha).

    lifes not as long as you think though. 10 more years from now when there showing some Vince dunking clip you might be like, wow I actually kinda wish he woulda came back for one last year and we retired his jersey..

    think about it. Swallow your pride because he wasn't doing it to spite you personally just did it to spite the management he hated hoenstly and he's matured from it so you guys needa grow up

    vince is 35 years old now not 25

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwilderz View Post
    This is funny .. All you guys are hating on V.C like he owe you guys something.

    Bottom line is .. the team needs help and sadly V.C can be that help we need to be a better team.

    #1 Raptor killer playing for the RAPS? I say hell YES! sign him up!
    He does owe us something, an apology. An apology that I would not accept.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,075
    vCash
    1500
    If Wince wants forgiveness then he should get religion.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Invalid
    Posts
    1,373
    vCash
    1500
    Wince? Wow you guys need some friends 10 years and you guys are acting like it happened last year, live for the future, not dwell in the past. Move along like you guys did with your ex-GF or ex-Wife (If any of you ever left your house before)
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,063
    vCash
    1500
    its true. and VC is the best "ex" (player) you guys have..and will have for a long time.. so you're gonna want him in your "life" (franchise) eventually.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    vCash
    1500
    I can't believe people are still pissed about that the raptors f*cking sucked when he left...I would have left too. Vince Carter is the reason Toronto still has an NBA team without him Raptors would have withered up and died just like the Grizzles. Furthermore, he's a 100x as good as fields even at this age.
    Last edited by knom_ahddub; 11-07-2012 at 07:16 PM.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    You can celebrate a quitting prick like Wince. I won't.

    This team needs to focus on the present and future. Not the past and some washed up has been
    LOL ur sig is awesome...Westbrook is such a dumb player.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,093
    vCash
    1500
    Another reason why I don't want VC back is because I don't want him to get it his way again... He's used to getting everything he wants. Well too bad buddy...

    I want this guy to suffer in his old age thinking about what could have been with the Raps and I want him to see the Raps have success and win their first championship without him.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,215
    vCash
    1500
    I would be down with bringing him back. Especially when you look at the disaster that is our current wing depth.

    Derozan, Fields, Anderson, Ross, Kleiza and McGuire are not going to cut it. I wish we could replace Carter with Fields and start Anderson. Making Carter our bench scoring wing.

    And who knows maybe he could seriously change the legacy he leaves behind in regards to this franchise.

    I know that people would forgive Vince if he came back and helped this team make the playoffs a few years.

    I would not support retiring his jersey however. Unless by some miracle he helps bring a championship to this franchise.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •