Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should Vince Carter have his jersey retired in Toronto?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One playoff series win is not enough success.

    21 60.00%
  • Yes. He was an all-star.

    14 40.00%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 211
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Pharcyde of the Moon
    Posts
    10,676
    vCash
    4500
    **** that guy.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    People talking about forgiving him is just laughable.

    You want to know how stars in Toronto get embraced. Look at Roy Halladay, he gets traded and the guy freaken takes a page out of the newspaper thaanking the city and ownership.

    Did VC do any of that?? No you know what he did hid behind the american media talking **** about us after everything we've done for him.

    He's a jerk, heck Chris Bosh is more forgivable than this punk. It's karma he's never won a title and hopefully never will.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,664
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    really, you think Chris Bosh is the greatest Raptor? .... then you must have not watched the hey days when Vince Carter was around or must have not known the importance of those playoff days.

    Even Damon Stoudemire means more to the franchise than Chris Bosh. Vince Carter and Stoudemire were more impactful franchise wise than Chris Bosh.

    I am imagining most of the Raptors fans are young in terms of knowing what Vince Carter did for this franchise.

    Then again, Vince Carter has his flaws but I truly believe it was the crap we got back that fuels this anger in some of you and the lack of GM skills Babcock had (didn't have). Come on man, that was one of the most one sided deals in any trades of the NBA lol.
    no I thought you said/asked that we'd have no "greatest raptor" if there was no Carter, and I said Bosh woulda been. I misinterpreted your point. I think Carter is the greatest Raptor ever, but it isn't sayin much.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.


  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Bosh has had a more succesful career than VC Which makes the VC saying CMON MVP?? Statement even more laughable lmao.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Spider Skull Island
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    1500
    i would bring him back but i wouldn't retire his number
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    vCash
    1500
    Vince Carter put Toronto on the map for a couple of years. If he hadn't, Toronto would have remained the same shithole organization it is now

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    Ya because if Vince Carter never came along we would've never drafted a star player with the numerous lotto picks we would've gotten to help put us "on the map" whatever the hell that means.
    Who is to say we wouldn't have gotten a Melo, Lebron, Blake, Rose etc???


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Ya because if Vince Carter never came along we would've never drafted a star player with the numerous lotto picks we would've gotten to help put us "on the map" whatever the hell that means.
    Who is to say we wouldn't have gotten a Melo, Lebron, Blake, Rose etc???
    Putting on the map means making Americans realize that there was a city called Toronto and there was actually an NBA team there. Which most people didn't know until Vince Carter came.

    And oh please, anybody can play that could've, should've ******** all day.

    If Vince Carter hadn't came, maybe the Raptors don't ever make the playoffs, maybe they got sold, who the **** knows?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,538
    vCash
    1500
    lmao Vince Carter made Americans know about the city of Toronto??
    The Jays winning World Series never had anything to do with people knowing Toronto has sports markets??

    Vince Carter is the reason why were always near the top half in attendance when competitive?? Thats a joke, VC surely isn't the one that got me into basketball and I'm sure he's not the reason why a lot of people in Toronto started following basketball too.

    For your statement if VC put Toronto on the map then why do we struggle to sign free agents??


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Well he's 36 in a couple months, so he'd obviously be a backup anywhere.

    No problem with him retiring as a Rap, his role would be minimal on the team however.
    Yes, he'd have to b/u Landry Fields.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I'm not bitter about Vince. He's the best player we've ever had. I credit the generation of the Raptors led by Carter for making me passionate about basketball. That said, the franchise has moved on. It would be an unnecessary distraction for very little potential gain. We aren't building feel good stories, we are trying to build long-term success. A veteran presence is welcome, but I don't think Vince fills that ideal.
    This. Subtract the Vince years, and sadly this team is really no better off today than they were as an expansion team. The names on the roster suggest they are, but the results since VC left are the truth.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    453
    vCash
    1500
    Sign him for what? A feel good story for vc or for fans still smitten with him? We have young players who need playing time for the future of the team. As for having a veteran presence, vc isn't exactly an ideal role model. Alvin Williams is working with the raptors and he IS a much better person to learn from. vc was given everything he wanted from the team and the city and he still quit on us. Now he wants to retire here and we consider it? I don't need a feel good story about vc returning to where it started, I want a team working towards the future.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    cardboard box
    Posts
    6,531
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Apparently at the time his wife was pushing him to leave because her degree wasn't recognized here.

    Everyone in his life at the time was advising him to move on, mom, wife, agent. Hard to judge him for listening to his family. Now he's grown up, has a kid, divorced, not a mommas boy and probably regrets what could of been.

    Oh, well, its in the past now...
    lol now you know he is just pulling for excuses

    really? a factor of him leaving is because his wife's degree is not recognized here? she must have a really bad degree for it to not be recognized and who is the bread maker in this family? im sure she really needs a degree especially with all the millions of $$ vince carter is making

    sure if i was miserable in a situation my family would tell me to make a change, but this misery was something he created. its not like he's being tortured by the raptors, he didn't want to be here and our team's lack of wins was making him sad so of course his friends and family would advise him to go somewhere else to be happy

    bottomline is that this guy is a tool. he keeps making excuses and yet there was plenty of evidence to go against him and things he has said in interviews, things he keeps bringing up over and over again

    all the youngins want him back because they were just children when he screwed us over and back then they really couldn't comprehend the extent of what Vince Carter has done to the franchise and most important he screwed the fan base

    if anything, he is not over the raptors.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,664
    vCash
    1255
    Quote Originally Posted by lajoie View Post
    Putting on the map means making Americans realize that there was a city called Toronto and there was actually an NBA team there. Which most people didn't know until Vince Carter came.
    ok but that was then. do americans care about the raptors history and vince carter's tenure here now? no. the raptors are irrelevant to most people right now. who cares if he put us on the map for 2-3 years? the crap he pulled takes that all away and like eagles said, he made us look like a joke and started the whole "nobody wants to play in canada" crap.
    Last edited by Sadds The Gr8; 11-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    62
    vCash
    1500
    This is funny .. All you guys are hating on V.C like he owe you guys something.

    Bottom line is .. the team needs help and sadly V.C can be that help we need to be a better team.

    #1 Raptor killer playing for the RAPS? I say hell YES! sign him up!
    Last edited by Rockwilderz; 11-07-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •