Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Should Vince Carter have his jersey retired in Toronto?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One playoff series win is not enough success.

    21 60.00%
  • Yes. He was an all-star.

    14 40.00%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 211
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    You have made a couple decent points in here but it gets completely lost when its sandwiched between dozens of comments like this and the complete ignorance comment.
    yeah I know I was half asleep on the last responses and was just starting to get frustrated. I just feel like the well-thought out posts weren't getting read by them anyway so I got pissed and gave up on the argument.

    apologize. Hope the Raps have a good year and we'll see what happens with VC returning/retiring next year(s)
    Last edited by ThuglifeJ; 11-10-2012 at 12:19 AM.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    and I will still always respect the hell outa Raps fans even though a margin still hate VC. They're the most underrated fanbase in sports. They take there basketball as serious as any big name NBA team, even when there team is bad and I think they are even better fans than Lakers fans because they aren't spoiled.

    I'll definitely be a hardcore again eventually, but for right now I still cant be for obvious reasons you can guess.

    not that it matters if I am or not lol.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,614
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    and I will still always respect the hell outa Raps fans even though a margin still hate VC. They're the most underrated fanbase in sports. They take there basketball as serious as any big name NBA team, even when there team is bad and I think they are even better fans than Lakers fans because they aren't spoiled.

    I'll definitely be a hardcore again eventually, but for right now I still cant be for obvious reasons you can guess.

    not that it matters if I am or not lol.
    We stay passionate towards our Raptors... Someday we'll win that championship (when we make a super team), and even though we'll have those band wagon fans.. Us fans, today, can claim that we stuck by the Raptors when they sucked balls.
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Lowry does similiar tactics during the end of his tenure with the Rockets and you guys laugh it off and say ''Welll still I respect him more". Why? for what reason? because it wasn't to Toronto? Oh but he "plays hard hustles for rebounds against 7 footers!!". So when VC was first with Toronto his rookie season he didn't do any of this? Get a better sample size before you start having all of Lowry's back.

    you guys are such idiots
    Coming from a guy who named himself Thuglife we consider that a compliment

    You act like Lowry playign like this is new lmao he played like this for 2 years straight before getting hurt last year. Statistically before hurting himself he was a top 3 PG but injury dropped his value down.

    It wouldn't surprise me after this year people ranked him ahead of guys like Westbrook, Parker and Deron. I dunno about Rondo though


    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    why are you still here?
    This times 1000


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    Lowry does similiar tactics during the end of his tenure with the Rockets and you guys laugh it off and say ''Welll still I respect him more". Why? for what reason? because it wasn't to Toronto? Oh but he "plays hard hustles for rebounds against 7 footers!!". So when VC was first with Toronto his rookie season he didn't do any of this? Get a better sample size before you start having all of Lowry's back.

    you guys are such idiots
    Lol I agree completely reading the people's posts on the raptors part of the forum, makes me respect a lot of the posters here a lot less. Biggest two-faced fans ever.

  6. #201
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Coming from a guy who named himself Thuglife we consider that a compliment

    You act like Lowry playign like this is new lmao he played like this for 2 years straight before getting hurt last year. Statistically before hurting himself he was a top 3 PG but injury dropped his value down.

    It wouldn't surprise me after this year people ranked him ahead of guys like Westbrook, Parker and Deron. I dunno about Rondo though




    This times 1000
    Seriously? Grow Up because his name his ThugLife that automatically makes him an idiot? Don't judge a book by their cover. If somebody walks up wear sagging pants' and has gold teeth and **** and they got something important to say, your just going to be like **** that.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Coming from a guy who named himself Thuglife we consider that a compliment

    You act like Lowry playign like this is new lmao he played like this for 2 years straight before getting hurt last year. Statistically before hurting himself he was a top 3 PG but injury dropped his value down.

    It wouldn't surprise me after this year people ranked him ahead of guys like Westbrook, Parker and Deron. I dunno about Rondo though

    1. Why do ppl always give me crap about my username? It's a username, I didn't put thought into it, I was listening to 2pac at the time. How has no one ever listened to 2pac on here lol I get so much crap for my username ppl use it against me all the time.

    2. No you act like Lowry did no wrong (when in reality he did to Houston what Vince did to Toronto) just because he plays for Toronto now. I know the right word for that isn't "ignorance" but you know what I mean.

    3. I apologized for the you guys are such idiots comments so I apologize again

    4. Thank you I Rock Shaqs, there's very few Raptor fans who will step up and post what they think/continue an argument on here because they will instantly get swarmed by the likes of ink, Saddler, Eagles4lyfe type posters. Who know they have the power to team up and bash anyone who leads an idea such as, "hey Vince is actually a really good guy and made just one mistake in the entirety of his 15 year career. Maybe we should get off his back since he was the best thing we've ever had/will have for a long time"

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,115
    vCash
    1255
    he didn't make one mistake...he made several. like I said, watch the video Rego posted.

    I could care less if people want to like Wince. I was attacking your posts because you were overrating the crap out of him and making up BS acting like I said Carter wasn't a star player which was clearly wrong. So what if he has charities and such, and appears to be a good guy on camera? There are several douche bag athletes like that, Ndomakong Suh for example.


  9. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    no he does good things off camera is what I was getting at. I'm pretty sure Ndomakong Suh has the President over for dinners and gets praised by his teammates as being too nice. He mighta been more douchey in the past, most athletes are when they're young but in the present he's far from. You just don't wanna see it. He wouldnt get praised by Carlisle dailey for no reason how the young gunz all look up to him. Jared Cunningham has a bigger Vince boner than I do.

    And I dont even believe theres anything wrong with ******* athletes (Kobe, Jordan) sometimes it makes a better player. So I'm not just saying that for no reason. He's an insanely good person. He deals with more **** then you do. You don't have a severly depressed brother who's in jail addicted to herioine because he has jealousy towards Vince. So he has his own Rehab clinics for ppl dealing with addictions.

    I know I'm taking the defending vince thing far but someones gotta do it. You're just like my good buddy who got dumped by his super hot and really sweet girlfriend. All he says now about her is that she's "gotten uglier", "is a huge *****"

    really we all know shes still pretty darn hot and still really sweet.

    edit: using a youtube video made by a cynical Toronto fan or beat writer isn't gonna be a good argument forever. Especially since half of that is far off/exaggerated

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    32,470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Seriously? Grow Up because his name his ThugLife that automatically makes him an idiot? Don't judge a book by their cover. If somebody walks up wear sagging pants' and has gold teeth and **** and they got something important to say, your just going to be like **** that.
    Talk about being hypocritical you say were two faced fans then tell me to grow up lmfao.

    I'm pretty sure he can talk for himself he doesn't need a maid to type his thoughts for him.this doesn't even involve you why are you coming into this you have absolutely nothing to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    1. Why do ppl always give me crap about my username? It's a username, I didn't put thought into it, I was listening to 2pac at the time. How has no one ever listened to 2pac on here lol I get so much crap for my username ppl use it against me all the time.

    2. No you act like Lowry did no wrong (when in reality he did to Houston what Vince did to Toronto) just because he plays for Toronto now. I know the right word for that isn't "ignorance" but you know what I mean.

    3. I apologized for the you guys are such idiots comments so I apologize again

    4. Thank you I Rock Shaqs, there's very few Raptor fans who will step up and post what they think/continue an argument on here because they will instantly get swarmed by the likes of ink, Saddler, Eagles4lyfe type posters. Who know they have the power to team up and bash anyone who leads an idea such as, "hey Vince is actually a really good guy and made just one mistake in the entirety of his 15 year career. Maybe we should get off his back since he was the best thing we've ever had/will have for a long time"
    me attacking you're username was to just go along with you calling people idiots on this forum when you don't even know any of us.

    You say your a raptors fan and you've been on this site since 2009 but until this VC thread no ones ever seen you post around here but yet you expect us to believe your a raps fan?? what other gems you got for us?? No love for one player should ever outweigh your love for a team when someone defends a player more than the team then its pretty bait as to there actions.

    Your just trolling using VC to hide your trolling of our fanbase.

    N if you think I team up with ink all the time n rag on other posters then you really need to venture around these forums more often. No one is intimidated about us ask the relevant n good posters actually debate with us because we bring good arguments to the table without having to take low blows at them, its the freaken internet no one is superior to anyone.

    Just because we won't side with you and blow on VC doesn't mean we don't thank him for what he's done and acknowledge he's a good player. We just don't want to honor him get over it your not changing our minds us not wanting to honor him had nothing to so with us hating on his skills.


    2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Talk about being hypocritical you say were two faced fans then tell me to grow up lmfao.

    I'm pretty sure he can talk for himself he doesn't need a maid to type his thoughts for him.this doesn't even involve you why are you coming into this you have absolutely nothing to do with this.



    You say your a raptors fan and you've been on this site since 2009 but until this VC thread no ones ever seen you post around here but yet you expect us to believe your a raps fan??


    Your just trolling using VC to hide your trolling of our fanbase.
    We just don't want to honor him get over it your not changing our minds us not wanting to honor him had nothing to so with us hating on his skills.
    -how is that hypocritical

    -yes I Rock Shaqs do not join this argument if you aren't siding with them..

    -Like I said countless times I'm not a hardcore Raps fan anymore. Still a fan. More a Vince fan. Not that that's a good thing, but I don't see the point in lying about it. And I dont care if you don't believe me I don't join the discussions involving Raptors on here often.

    -It's not trolling at all..It's a friggin VC topic, I've followed Raptors/VC my entire tenure as a NBA fan. These are the types of threads I'm most obligated to respond in aren't they? I have more knowledge in a topic like this than most others.

    -I already said I'm not trying to change your minds anymore that doesnt work on Raptor fans they have to do it themselves

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Talk about being hypocritical you say were two faced fans then tell me to grow up lmfao.

    I'm pretty sure he can talk for himself he doesn't need a maid to type his thoughts for him.this doesn't even involve you why are you coming into this you have absolutely nothing to do with this.


    me attacking you're username was to just go along with you calling people idiots on this forum when you don't even know any of us.

    You say your a raptors fan and you've been on this site since 2009 but until this VC thread no ones ever seen you post around here but yet you expect us to believe your a raps fan?? what other gems you got for us?? No love for one player should ever outweigh your love for a team when someone defends a player more than the team then its pretty bait as to there actions.

    Your just trolling using VC to hide your trolling of our fanbase.

    N if you think I team up with ink all the time n rag on other posters then you really need to venture around these forums more often. No one is intimidated about us ask the relevant n good posters actually debate with us because we bring good arguments to the table without having to take low blows at them, its the freaken internet no one is superior to anyone.

    Just because we won't side with you and blow on VC doesn't mean we don't thank him for what he's done and acknowledge he's a good player. We just don't want to honor him get over it your not changing our minds us not wanting to honor him had nothing to so with us hating on his skills.
    You just called me a maid, trying to emasculate me.
    You sir are an idiot, first you completely disrespected his opinion because of his name and then you called me his maid because I called you out for being an idiot? Also I can't help somebody or whatever you want to call it because it has nothing to do with me? Cool I guess if I see a kid getting his *** kicked I'll just stand there and not help him because it has nothing to do with me.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    37,115
    vCash
    1255
    there are alot of non-raptor fans in here that care deeply about this subject...


  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,614
    vCash
    1500
    Thuglife, you're an idiot, for calling us Raptor fans idiots.
    \
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,386
    vCash
    1500
    You guys dont read do ya

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •