Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Vince Carter have his jersey retired in Toronto?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. One playoff series win is not enough success.

21 60.00%
  • Yes. He was an all-star.

14 40.00%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    Agree with pretty much everything Saddler said.

Remember, BC reached out to Vince as part of franchise's 15 year anniversary. He said, and this is verbatim "All the people that Vince had problems with ARE GONE now". He thought it would help him and franchise move forward. What happened? Vince refused to be honored.

Now all of sudden he wants to retire as a Raptor? **** this guy.

I don't want this quitter anywhere near this team especially it's young players. What advice is he going to give them? Try only when you FEEL like it?

We are a rebuilding team. We should be worried about winning games NOW in the PRESENT. Yet here we are talking about the past. Like signing this washed up clown is gonna make us a better team.
    absolutely. I completely forgot about him turning down the 15 year anniversary too. **** that douche

vCash
    NO absolutely not. I'm not even bitter anymore, Saddler and Rego covered everything. **** Vince Carter.

vCash
    nope. im done with these feel good stories. lets just move on and stop bringing up the past

its like that ex that won't quit apologizing and is doing more harm then good, even though the right intentions are there but its better for both parties to just leave it alone and let it be

vCash
    If anyone is listening to Tim & Sid right now

Seriously **** Rob Babcock

vCash
    Sam Mitchell was just on Tim & Sid and said that VC came up to him the day before he was traded and said he wanted to stay a Raptor.

Sam called Rob Babcock and told him the situation, Babcock said he had a deal already on the table & was going to go through with it.

vCash
    Sam wanted to tell Tannenbaum but didn't want to go over Babcock's head because it was his first year as the Raptors head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Sam Mitchell was just on Tim & Sid and said that VC came up to him the day before he was traded and said he wanted to stay a Raptor.

Sam called Rob Babcock and told him the situation, Babcock said he had a deal already on the table & was going to go through with it.
    That says it all doesn't it? No way Vince can be allowed back here. If we hadn't traded him then he would have screwed with us some more. Maybe he taught Howard how to screw with a team and its fans.

vCash
    I'm listening to Tim and Sid too.

w/e Wince was full of ****. the damage was already done.

vCash
    Why would you ever want to get back with your EX I will never understand... LOL
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    absolutely. I completely forgot about him turning down the 15 year anniversary too. **** that douche
    really, you think Chris Bosh is the greatest Raptor? .... then you must have not watched the hey days when Vince Carter was around or must have not known the importance of those playoff days.

Even Damon Stoudemire means more to the franchise than Chris Bosh. Vince Carter and Stoudemire were more impactful franchise wise than Chris Bosh.

I am imagining most of the Raptors fans are young in terms of knowing what Vince Carter did for this franchise.

Then again, Vince Carter has his flaws but I truly believe it was the crap we got back that fuels this anger in some of you and the lack of GM skills Babcock had (didn't have). Come on man, that was one of the most one sided deals in any trades of the NBA lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    I'm listening to Tim and Sid too.

w/e Wince was full of ****. the damage was already done.
    Apparently at the time his wife was pushing him to leave because her degree wasn't recognized here.

Everyone in his life at the time was advising him to move on, mom, wife, agent. Hard to judge him for listening to his family. Now he's grown up, has a kid, divorced, not a mommas boy and probably regrets what could of been.

Oh, well, its in the past now...

vCash
    This is not the place where elephants come to die (See Toronto ZOO). Vince had the chance to be special for this franchise but he refused it. There is no way back for Vince. I wish him well regardless of what happened then.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post
    Why would you ever want to get back with your EX I will never understand... LOL
    happens all the time. but if you're using this as a parallel to Vince Carter, which by the way, has nothing to do with it, then i dunno what to say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    happens all the time. but if you're using this as a parallel to Vince Carter, which by the way, has nothing to do with it, then i dunno what to say.

out of stupidity!! And its like they say in Russian "You can't put a broken glass back together" same thing here, how can you expect the fans to just forget all the crap he put this team through?
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    For all the good things people say about him he's also set our team back and made us an unattractive FA destination for the crap that was spewed around in the media.

Vince Carter at the pinnacle of his career didn't even want to stay in a town that loved and embraced him like no other, so that screwed us over big time so **** him for that and hell no he should never be embraced here.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast