Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    He didnt get away with anything. This is overblown, I mean marijuana just got legalized in two states. The problem was dealt with internally and thats the way it should be. If he is suspended right now that would only hurt his teammates, you fine him his game check and make him play for free. Some guys really need to get their heads out of their *****. Cut him? no god damn way, its so minor its not even funny

We Want Winston

vCash

!

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    He didnt get away with anything. This is overblown, I mean marijuana just got legalized in two states. The problem was dealt with internally and thats the way it should be. If he is suspended right now that would only hurt his teammates, you fine him his game check and make him play for free. Some guys really need to get their heads out of their *****. Cut him? no god damn way, its so minor its not even funny
    I have been trying to make this same point, but people keep getting a little too extreme w/ it. M. Lynch, A. Peterson, E. Dumervil and Aldon Smith have all been arrested. Should their teams cut them? Mike Williams was arrested 2 years ago for DUI, should we have cut him? If we just cut every player that ever has any sort of issue, we will never build a good team. We need to look at each case individually. The dude has some weed on him. Who the **** cares. Ray Lewis killed a guy

vCash
    Thats not a joke, Ray Lewis really was involved in the murder of that guy, and nobody cares. Josh Hamilton was a hardcore drug addict and hes looking for a 175 million dollar contract in baseball.

Black made a tiny mistake and it was dealt with. My main point is that suspending him only hurts us and his teammates.

We Want Winston

vCash
    I say suspend him, no player is above the team. 2 games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbatw360 View Post
    I say suspend him, no player is above the team. 2 games
    How would it help to suspend him? Fine him, fine him, fine him! It shows your serious, and it does not hurt the team. He makes $500,000 a year. A fine will get the message across! Let's stop thinking of alternatives that make less sense!

vCash
    Fine him....Aqib, Winslow, Tjax etc were all multiple time offenders and veterans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Yea, I agree with the idea of a fine, but am agaisnt cutting him. You can't just say we are gonna cut everyone who has any sort of an off-field incedent. What if it happens to Freeman, Vjax, Nicks? It just can't be like that. It needs to be on a case by case basis, and I don't think this is that severe.
    Reality check he is NOT Vjax or Freeman. Obviously they get a bigger leash. Look I know the secondary is thin and I know it's not the popular move but my opinion is cut. It sends the right message. Honestly how much would we miss him. He is replaceable. It's not like he is our starter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    Reality check he is NOT Vjax or Freeman. Obviously they get a bigger leash. Look I know the secondary is thin and I know it's not the popular move but my opinion is cut. It sends the right message. Honestly how much would we miss him. He is replaceable. It's not like he is our starter.
    Well we would have missed him last game when he sealed it for us! Just because he is not a starter yet does not mean he won't be. We would miss him a tone! For those of you who think we should cut him to hold this hard *** mentality where there are no second chances, I respect your opinion, but disagree with it. For those of you who think we should cut him to stay consistant with the other moves cuts we made, this is different. Like Bwall said, the others were repeat offenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanksbucs View Post
    Fine him....Aqib, Winslow, Tjax etc were all multiple time offenders and veterans
    They made a lot more money and had/have a lot deeper pockets.

If you suspend him you are only hurting fans and teammates

We Want Winston

vCash
    I mean I don’t mean to be all hateful... I am all about 2nd chances, it’s not like I think we should cut every player who messes up….. I just endorse that policy for Tampa right now until our culture is changed. My thinking is until players get the message that they can’t be screwing around, we need to hold them a certain way. It’s like raising children, first your strict and once they learn what they can and can’t do when they get older and more mature you can let your foot off the gas because then (when their older and know they cannot get away with it) they won’t cross those lines....Give them too much to early, then they believe they can get away with more. Next thing you know, you’re dealing with someone who is up for attempted manslaughter for allegedly having tried to run their mother over in a car.......

How does the saying go?

"Spare the rod, spoil the child' <----- THis is the idea im going for I think.
    Last edited by hammy44; 11-08-2012 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    They made a lot more money and had/have a lot deeper pockets.

If you suspend him you are only hurting fans and teammates
    I would assume the fines are percentage based and not a fixed rate.

vCash
    So you'd risk the team success and cut him, instead of finding an alternative method that will get the point across as well as make the others take a new approach on there actions off field! Fine him or sit him make him earn his position back, there's methods to get a point across then to cut the guy risk the season that's plain dumb!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    I mean I am not saying I am right. Nor am I trying to argue to change anyone’s mind. I am just trying to show you guys another position/opinion. I am rather certain there are others who share my feelings. My thoughts are one player doesn’t make a team but his off the field actions can certainly break it.....

I am highly skeptical regarding the idea that the presence or lack of one player risks much success or failure for the season….I mean with regard to most football situation aside from a few select positions like QB and kicker I feel the impact would be minimal. Cutting him sends a loud strong message. I know it’s messed up but like I said we need to send strong messages for now. Letting him stay is par for the course and gets almost no attention it’s almost expected in fact. I know they won’t, but it’s what I THINK they should do…..

vCash
    Lol okay
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    I hear you Hammy. But messages are overrated. I think Schiano already has a stranglehold on these guys. Just listening to anthony McFarland on local radio and he said when he was in the league, a bunch of guys were doing it in the locker room. I am not downplaying the seriousness of his possession of an ILLEGAL drug. In fact, I hate that a player turns to that with all of the God given talent they possess. I mean, you are payed a lot of money to play a GAME. With one stipulation, follow the law and dont take un prescribed meds. How hard is that. My point with the locker room thing is, chances are, he isnt the only one doing it. If we went around releasing people from our team for a first offense, I dont think we have much of a chance of building a roster at all.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12