Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    But i suppose a failure to master one's domain is as good an explanation as any.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    But i suppose a failure to master one's domain is as good an explanation as any.
    I believe he was "Lord of the Manor".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWU2SR27g4

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    There is no way Duda can be counted on next year as a starting option, wrist injuries have a tendency to affect power numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    There is no way Duda can be counted on next year as a starting option, wrist injuries have a tendency to affect power numbers.
    I don't think it'll matter that much. I broke my wrist this summer and I'm doing ifne in my high school fall league.

I know, I'm only 16 an din high school and he's in his 20's in pro ball, but that's the insight I can give on it. You can take this with a grain of salt lol.

It depends on the type of fracture too. I mean, how can you badly break your wrist moving furniture. My doctor said that for even a slight break, they can perform surgery and the person could be back to normal fairly soon, so I suspect it won't make too much of a difference.
    Last edited by MetsFanatic19; 11-06-2012 at 05:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I don't think it'll matter that much. I broke my wrist this summer and I'm doing ifne in my high school fall league.

I know, I'm only 16 an din high school and he's in his 20's in pro ball, but that's the insight I can give on it. You can take this wiht a grain of salt lol.

It depends on the type of fracture too. I mean, how can you badly break your wrist moving furniture. My doctor said that for even a slight break, they can perform surgery and the person could be back to normal fairly soon, so I suspect it won't make too much of a difference.
    lol cmon dude, this is professional baseball. I'm sure you aren't counted on for hitting homers.

Also from experience, the fall league is easier than the real thing because not everyone makes the varsity squad. At least, that's how it was for our team.

vCash
    "Moving furniture" is an euphemism for masturbation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    lol cmon dude, this is professional baseball. I'm sure you aren't counted on for hitting homers.

Also from experience, the fall league is easier than the real thing because not everyone makes the varsity squad. At least, that's how it was for our team.
    Yeah, I know lol. I haven't hit an over-the-fence homeurn since tee ball. I'm more of the "Ruben Tejada" with some more speed in school; the day I hit my first homerun, in practice at least, I'm doing the Sammy Sosa trot down the first base line lol.

And my fall team is actually pretty much what the team will look like in spring, considering not many baseball players in my school play football or soccer. Not sure about the other teams though. It is fun, I can say that.

But back to the blob, I think he'll be fine. Again, we don't know if it was just a minor fracture or a bigger break. He'll work on it in ST too, if it is a little problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yeah, I know lol. I haven't hit an over-the-fence homeurn since tee ball. I'm more of the "Ruben Tejada" with some more speed in school; the day I hit my first homerun, in practice at least, I'm doing the Sammy Sosa trot down the first base line lol.

And my fall team is actually pretty much what the team will look like in spring, considering not many baseball players in my school play football or soccer. Not sure about the other teams though. It is fun, I can say that.

But back to the blob, I think he'll be fine. Again, we don't know if it was just a minor fracture or a bigger break. He'll work on it in ST too, if it is a little problem.
    It feels awesome. I started playing ball at 14 in the fall and hit my first and only out of the fence homer oppo in the spring that year. I had a lot of power in my league but my approach got exposed in summer ball and I started batting lefty again for high school ball... Injuries stalled my career until my senior year where I played more like a Ben Revere-type player lol.

Still, this injury is not a good sign for Duda, already coming off a poor season, rehabbing from injury will make it that much tougher for him.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VenezuelanMet View Post
    "Moving furniture" is an euphemism for masturbation.
    BINGO!

Duda can't catch nor can he masturbate without hurting himself.......
    We Need More Players Like Keith!!!!!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Just an observation:

Now, we're stuck with Lucas Duda.

He's going to be untradeable with fragile wrists.......

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    ...as long as he was not doing a Gyp Rosetti.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    ...as long as he was not doing a Gyp Rosetti.
    That's a new one on me. What is a Gyp Rosetti.

Pray tell.

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    You have to watch Boardwalk Empire to find out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    That's a new one on me. What is a Gyp Rosetti.

Pray tell.
    I thought it was me.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah.

He was "moving furniture" wink wink.

More likely Duda is probably into some kinky sheeeeet.

Kinky Sheet....isn't she headlining Gallagher's 2000 this month?

Poor Duda...I just hope it wasn't because he dropped Keith's coffee table
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 11-07-2012 at 01:54 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast