Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which player has to step up the most against OKC?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Landry Fields

5 13.89%
  • Andrea Bargnani

27 75.00%
  • DeMar DeRozan

2 5.56%
  • Jose Calderon

0 0%
  • Other (not named Lowry)

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Game 4 (TOR v. OKC) Nov 6: Raps Face tough Test Down in Oklahoma

(1-2)..............(1-2)
    OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER v. TORONTO RAPTORS

NBA Game Overview
    ESPN Preview

Date: November 6th 2012
    Time: 8:00 PM
    TV: TSN

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS:

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

WESTBROOK----SEFOLOSHA----DURANT----IBAKA----PERKINS

PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C

LOWRY----DEROZAN----FIELDS----BARGNANI----VALANCIUNAS

STATS:

Key Match UP

Kyle Lowry v. Russell Westbrook

MHC TAKE:

The Raptors are coming off an impressive team win against the T-Wolves after dropping their previous 2 games to the Pacers and Nets respectively. Tonight the Raps face their toughest test when they visit the Thunder in Oklahoma City. Last year the Thunder only lost 7 games at home and is called by many the best home court advantage in the NBA today. If the Raps hope to have a chance of winning this one, they must continue to have strong performances from their back court tandem; Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. Both players have easily been the two best players on the team thus far in this early season. More to come.

Lets go RAPTORS!!

Last edited by Mile High Champ; 11-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    Bargnani needs to step up and play well vs. Ibaka. Westbrook vs. Lowry and Durant vs. Derozan will be moot. Bargs needs to play well in order for us to come away with a solid W. Our bench needs to outplay OKC's bench which I believe is possible. This will be a true test for the Raps compared to a playoff team. Also, todays game was chosen by NBA fans to be shown on NBATV so there will be a lot of eyes on the team. Biggest game of the season so far IMO.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    As long as we don't get completely bent over and rammed in front of a huge audience then I am happy with the outcome.

vCash

Game 4 (TOR v. OKC) Nov 6: Raps Face tough Test Down in Oklahoma

I think this game will depend entirely on Westbrook. If he has his way and is hitting his shots, then this likely be a rough night. If he his forcing and taking stupid shots, then we may have a chance.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Alan Anderson needs to step up. He needs to hit shots from the corner and try to slow down Durant.

vCash
    Even though I expect a loss, hopefully we can keep the game fairly close.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_jon View Post
    As long as we don't get completely bent over and rammed in front of a huge audience then I am happy with the outcome.
    Hahaha! This is pretty much it. We haven't had any national exposure in a couple years so let's not blow it.

Frankly, like Gwrighter said, this one could come down to Bargs because it's the only place where we may have a pretty good matchup. Ibaka is definitely capable of guarding on the perimeter but he's also the type to bite on fakes. If Bargs can drop an efficient 20+ we might stand a chance.

I also have a feeling we'll be seeing more of McGuire tonight than usual, which I'm super okay with.

Lowry is going to go at Westbrook hard and make a case for himself as one of the best pg's in the league early on this season.

Should be a fun, fast-paced game no matter what.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I think this game will depend entirely on Westbrook. If he has his way and is hitting his shots, then this likely be a rough night. If he his forcing and taking stupid shots, then we may have a chance.
    this

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    lol Lowry's smile
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Thabo will shut down Derozan. We need Fields to try and limit Durant as much as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Thabo will shut down Derozan. We need Fields to try and limit Durant as much as possible.
    or AA!! aha .. this is actually where i wouldnt have minded having JJ to get under his skin..

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Bargnani needs to step up and play well vs. Ibaka. Westbrook vs. Lowry and Durant vs. Derozan will be moot.
    Durant vs. Derozan is a moot point - I vote this as the understatement of the year.

No offense to you gwrighter but that was the most ridiculous post I read from you. I know you can do better than that.

vCash
    im not expecting a win tonight, but imagine the headlines down south if we beat the Thunder tonight! Derozan and Lowry need to keep doing what they've been doing so far, Andrea needs to wake up and Fields... just please try and get more then 4 points in game!
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joshhorvath View Post
    im not expecting a win tonight, but imagine the headlines down south if we beat the Thunder tonight! Derozan and Lowry need to keep doing what they've been doing so far, Andrea needs to wake up and Fields... just please try and get more then 4 points in game!
    i think if we even lose a close game but KL and DD are on again were gonna make some headlines...

BLUE JAYS

twitter

vCash
    we matchup pretty bad against the thunder IMO. our best weapons are lowry, demar, and andrea and the thunder got westbrook, thabo, and ibaka, all top 5 defenders at their positions to guard em.

i think we can keep it close but if we are gonna pull this out fields, val, and/or the bench is gonna have to step up big time. should be a fun game tho the thunder always bring exciting basketball.

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast