Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Steph curry overrated?

I mean I think people just think of him as the face of a franchise type because he's a nice guy, his dad played, and he had a name in college. No way could monta be the face especially with that scooter accident. But curry isn't even shooting that efficiently now that he's the "guy." he can't really drive the ball that well, he's not real fast, he's not a true point guard, doesn't defend well, too small for a 2 and has ankle issues. Why do they invest do much in this guy? Isn't he part of the problem?

vCash
    Like it or not, Monta was the face of the franchise for 4 years. We didnt do good with him as our franchise player because we couldnt build around him. monta is the superior athlete.

that having been said, curry is the superior skilled player. he aint no freak athlete, but he has high basketball IQ and can run an offense. give him time, hes shaking off the rust and hasnt played in an NBA game consistently for at least 8 months until training camp. perhaps hes adjusting to game speed again or perhaps favoring his ankle still too.

yes, he cant drive the ball well, he aint real fast compared to monta, because monta is the superior athlete. why do you think he required from his ankle surgery and it never once gave him problems again?

i dont think curry is a true point guard because he is shoot first, but he's doing an excellent job for is. and no, curry aint the problem.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Like it or not, Monta was the face of the franchise for 4 years. We didnt do good with him as our franchise player because we couldnt build around him. monta is the superior athlete.

that having been said, curry is the superior skilled player. he aint no freak athlete, but he has high basketball IQ and can run an offense. give him time, hes shaking off the rust and hasnt played in an NBA game consistently for at least 8 months until training camp. perhaps hes adjusting to game speed again or perhaps favoring his ankle still too.

yes, he cant drive the ball well, he aint real fast compared to monta, because monta is the superior athlete. why do you think he required from his ankle surgery and it never once gave him problems again?

i dont think curry is a true point guard because he is shoot first, but he's doing an excellent job for is. and no, curry aint the problem.
    I agree with most of what you said, but his lazy 1-handed passes don't reflect we'll on his basketball IQ or general IQ for that matter
    Last edited by sfattahian; 11-06-2012 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    i think ezeli and those passes just couldnt be handled, cuz they were off his hands..maybe it was stephs fault too but its up to the recipient to catch it, even if the pass is a little horrid

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Regardless of whether or not Ezeli should of caught those, Steph really needs to be more fundamentally sound. 1 handed passes are highly frowned upon when you're 5 and they still are when you're 25. If there's one thing that pisses me off about Steph, it has to be those ****** passes. He's supposed to be a good PG, but he shows flashes then reverts back to what's been holding him back.

vCash
    true that Ezeli's hands are terrible. Still love what he's brought us though, had some many great plays yesterday highlighted by the super stuff that led to the Harrison Barnes coast-to-coast. It's nice to have 2 legit centers size and strength wise. Ezeli makes cousins looks small and soggy physically when they stand side-by-side (even though Cousins killed us).

vCash
    44 million dollars later and curry makes one handed passes

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Can the season get started good? Damn..

she says go for the championship

vCash
    You guys are cracking me up by killing Curry for throwing one handed passes. I didnt watch the game so I dont know which exactly youre referring to and they may have been especially heinous, but in today's basketball one handed passing is encouraged. It allows for quicker decision making and more deception. I would estimate that Steve Nash, who I still believe is the best comparison for Curry's potential based on his skill set, throws 80% of his passes with one hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Can the season get started good? Damn..
    we started 1-0..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Is this OP literally just trying to spam the forum about every thing that bothers him? He's already started three pointless thread in the past day or so.

Stephen Curry is not the problem you're trying to find. Sure he's had a couple of rough shooting nights but it's no reason to dismiss him as being overrated. Arguments over one handed passes are lame you guys. Some of the best passers in the league deliver the ball with one hand. Some prime examples would be Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, and even Lebron James.

I understand we're all frustrated from waiting for this team to become a playoff/title contending team, but seriously it gets annoying when all people ever do is complain, complain, and complain.

It's not enough that we have a new owner who's willing to spend. It's not enough that we have a new head coach. It's not enough that we finally have a quality center not named Andris Biedrins, or some D-Leaguer. It's not enough that we have a young core of talent. It's not enough this, or that.

I want a championship as much as any one else here, but I'm not going to sit around and complain about irrelevant matters. Sure I'll discuss trade scenarios and things of that nature because it promote great general discussion, but this is just ridiculous.

vCash
    ^ THANK YOU....

my point exactly.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    can we just put an Over da Pence general complaint thread where he can just compile these rants throughout the season?... we can even put a sticky on it if he wants.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    man..i just dont get why he has to start 20 million threads about it

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Just create a complaints thread and merge em

she says go for the championship

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast