Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,229
    vCash
    1500

    should defensive players make the HOF?

    and by defensive i mean like strictly players known for their defense who lack a bit on the offensive end... players i had in mind were Mutumbo , MWP, ben Wallace and shane battier.. players who didnt score much during their career but were lock down defensive players.. can strictly defense get you in the hall of fame? .. im not sure about Battier but i personally believe the other 3 should be there...

    edit: im also gonna throw AK47s name out there
    Last edited by Nick O; 11-06-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    24,040
    vCash
    1500
    Wallace probably should. Dennis Rodman did.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    Posts
    8,567
    vCash
    1500
    I think Big Ben is a HOF.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    24,179
    vCash
    1500
    with rodman getting in,it kind of opens the gates.not on battier ,but def be ok with mutumbo and wallace getting in(think he's been severally underrated, his importance/impact has been glossed over),mwp is on the bubble of such a group

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    with rodman getting in,it kind of opens the gates.not on battier ,but def be ok with mutumbo and wallace getting in(think he's been severally underrated,glossed over),mwp is on the bubble of such a group
    true but MWP actually did have some offense to go with his game. so he might get in... but true. i was a huge mutumbo fan hoping he gets in
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    with rodman getting in,it kind of opens the gates.not on battier ,but def be ok with mutumbo and wallace getting in(think he's been severally underrated, his importance/impact has been glossed over),mwp is on the bubble of such a group
    Thing is Rodman was rebound leader for a few years in a row even at 6ft 7 or whatever he was and he had 3 rings. Wing defenders like Battier and Artest will have a harder time getting in unless they get a couple more rings playing a decent role. (1 of them a big possibility this year). Artest would need another defensive player of year in my mind and another ring.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Thing is Rodman was rebound leader for a few years in a row even at 6ft 7 or whatever he was and he had 3 rings. Wing defenders like Battier and Artest will have a harder time getting in unless they get a couple more rings playing a decent role. (1 of them a big possibility this year). Artest would need another defensive player of year in my mind and another ring.
    its kinda of weird how MWP and battier are playing the exact same role this year.. the 5th starter on a "super team" in just for their defense really... qhweird
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    rodman is in.

    but other defensive greats like bobby jones, alvin robertson have been snubbed.

    so theres no definitive criteria about it from the hof rulers.

    IMO they should, and if they dont then they should remove the "pure scorers" that neglected their d and their passing like say, gervin or english.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    rodman is in.

    but other defensive greats like bobby jones, alvin robertson have been snubbed.

    so theres no definitive criteria about it from the hof rulers.

    IMO they should, and if they dont then they should remove the "pure scorers" that neglected their d and their passing like say, gervin or english.
    rodman was helped by the team he played on... he was just such a big figure...
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    23,141
    vCash
    950
    Mutombo and Wallace definitely should imo.

    The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,646
    vCash
    1500
    Depends on the player. I am much more confident about Mutombo because of the impact he made off the court as well as on.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    1500
    Rodman also won 5 rings as a top 3 player on his team, a couple of DPOY awards, was All-NBA a couple of times, made a ton of All-Defensive teams and won about 2 million rebounding titles.

    He's not like normal defensive players, he's got quite a resume. Maybe he opened the door for a few of them, but definitely not many. Ben Wallace, Dikembe Mutombo and a guy like Michael Cooper shouldn't be overlooked either.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    21,310
    vCash
    1000
    Agree with ^^ above. There is no criteria. Each case needs to be judged by a case by case basis. If there were primarily a defensive player then you need the hardware and team success to back it up. In my opinion here are some examples...

    Guys who fit that description: Bobby Jones, Michael Cooper, Dennis Rodman, Dikembe Mutombo, Ben Wallace
    Guys who don't: Charles Oakley, Larry Nance, Doug Christie, AK47, Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    822
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Agree with ^^ above. There is no criteria. Each case needs to be judged by a case by case basis. If there were primarily a defensive player then you need the hardware and team success to back it up. In my opinion here are some examples...

    Guys who fit that description: Bobby Jones, Michael Cooper, Dennis Rodman, Dikembe Mutombo, Ben Wallace
    Guys who don't: Charles Oakley, Larry Nance, Doug Christie, AK47, Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince
    Good lists. As much as I love the Oak man, he would belong on the not list. Great Knick, though

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    29,119
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Agree with ^^ above. There is no criteria. Each case needs to be judged by a case by case basis. If there were primarily a defensive player then you need the hardware and team success to back it up. In my opinion here are some examples...

    Guys who fit that description: Bobby Jones, Michael Cooper, Dennis Rodman, Dikembe Mutombo, Ben Wallace
    Guys who don't: Charles Oakley, Larry Nance, Doug Christie, AK47, Shane Battier, Tayshaun Prince
    I personally would add Bruce Bowen to your first list then.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •