Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Or how about Shea is second among rookies drafted in the first 2 rounds at DE with 2.5 sacks... Second only to chandler jones with 6.

Shea can do more athletically then him IMO... But we'll see

vCash
    I could be wrong, but wasnt hardin a corner in college? Funny thought but I suppose its similar to how urlacher was a saftey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    I'm just spitballing right now, so bear with me.

-Hardin was just as much of a project (if not more) than Shea.
    -Hardin has an elite size/speed/skill ratio (like a certain #54)
    -Conte/Wright have both stepped up this year at the S spots, and if they keep it up we won't be looking to replace either of them
    -He's 6'3" with 4.3 speed and a violent hitter
    -Roach is (already) a 6 year vet, and while solid, he's normally unspectacular.

I guess worse case scenario is that we develop a quality backup S, which is about all you can ask from a 3rd round pick.
    Along these lines. I was hoping for something similar with Taylor Mays. Unfortunately for Hardin, he doesn't seem to have the requisite durability for football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Along these lines. I was hoping for something similar with Taylor Mays. Unfortunately for Hardin, he doesn't seem to have the requisite durability for football.
    Mays has been pretty terrible in the NFL

vCash
    Still too early to judge Shea, but I must say...He has a shitload of work to do if he ever wants to be a every-down DE. Hes brutal against the run right now...

The speed, athleticism and motor are all there. What he needs to do is to add 10-15 pounds of muscle and develop some more pass rush moves.

Wootton has been great, one of the best suprises so far this year.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Eh, as long as it's bones ****ing Hardin, I won't worry. When he starts tearing **** left and right, that's when I'll consider it something to worry about.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Honestly I'd be really surprised if Hardin ever became a meaningful starter. Going 2 years without playing a regular season game, and still having to adjust to the NFL game. I hear he's healthy now and hopefully he's working out, and keeping his mind sharp. But I'm dubious.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    Laurence Holmes made a strong case for 0 - 6 before you say no way you should hear him
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    this division will come down to lions and packers. no hope this season for the bears.... none........ not with this D. just have to swallow it and enjoy hockey

vCash
    With 20 lbs of muscle, Shae could be a monster. Wootton hit the weights during the offseason and we see how well he is looking. Those two could very well be our DE of the future!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Mays has been pretty terrible in the NFL
    Yeah, he's terrible at Safety, but LB… who knows? Before the draft I was thinking whatever team drafts him could have him put on 15-20 lbs and move him to LB (like Urlacher). He has the speed, size, aggressiveness, and frame to put on more weight. Not to mention he should be at least adequate in pass coverage with his background as a safety.

Unfortunately for him, he was drafted by the 49ers who definitely don't need an experiment at LB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    With 20 lbs of muscle, Shae could be a monster. Wootton hit the weights during the offseason and we see how well he is looking. Those two could very well be our DE of the future!
    I think the thing that helped Wootton the most was the simple fact that he was finally healthy for once....

Wootton has always been a beast, he just needed to stay healthy.

I hope Shea can gain some muscle without losing any quickness...If he can, hes got a shot to be pretty good.

Take me back to the Forest

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    funny thing is wooton would have never been considered good going into the season, and shea was the 3rd DE. look how things change.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    funny thing is wooton would have never been considered good going into the season, and shea was the 3rd DE. look how things change.
    Wooton has always been in the mix. It was just a matter of him getting healthy.

vCash
    From last year to this, Wootton's body has changed dramatically. He is a hell of a lot bigger. I'm sure that has increased his playing time as much as anything else. Once Shae gains some weight, he will be even more of a force. He has a great motor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    From last year to this, Wootton's body has changed dramatically. He is a hell of a lot bigger. I'm sure that has increased his playing time as much as anything else. Once Shae gains some weight, he will be even more of a force. He has a great motor!
    I think he's put on a bit of upper body size, but really, he's always been just...big.

I don't think he's put on more than 15 lbs since leaving NU, but I could be wrong.

vCash
    Truthfully I can't say how many pounds he has gained, but from the previous times that I saw him in Training Camp to this year, he is a lot bigger. Again it's just from what I saw in person.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123