Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teehar View Post
    Celek has had way too many drops.He has had a few breakout games but he has never been consistent.
    He's usually money when given the opportunity. Hence why I said he's most likely trying to do too much. As far as consistency goes he's been asked to block because of our ****** O-line the past 2 years. Of course his numbers are going to be inconsistent. The guy almost broke 1,000 yards one year.

vCash
    With a decent OL, Celek could produce like a top 3 TE, no question.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    1. mccoy
    2.desean (unless you can get a first rounder for him)
    3.drc
    4.cole
    5.maclin
    6.peters
    7. any rookie besides dallas reynolds
    8.celek
    9.cooper
    10.nate allen and coleman but as backups

vCash
    I know it's not exactly the right forum but Ryan clady and jake long are both free agents this off season and they are really good young tackles. Easily top 5 at their position.

vCash
    My list is longer. I think this team has young talent and the failure is in coaching. There is no coherent philosophy in place on either side of the ball. And the special teams are a joke.

On offense, it's a "let's try this next" approach. Look at the Giants: they run a simple scheme, but they do it REALLY WELL (not recently but you get my point.) The Eagles establish exactly NOTHING.

On defense, it seems like 3 seperate units, not a coherent system.

It's not so bleak (in no specific order...just as they came to me

1) McCoy
    2) DRC
    3) Cox
    4) Ryans
    5) Peters
    6) Boykin
    7) Foles
    8) Maclin
    9) Brown
    10) Curry (i would like to see him play)
    11) Brown
    12) Polk
    13) Kendricks
    14) Hunt
    15) Graham (one more year with more playing time)
    16) Henery
    17) Hughes
    18) Marsh
    19) Mathis
    20) Tapp (he's been effective when used)
    21) Herremans (at guard)
    22) Kelce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    With a decent OL, Celek could produce like a top 3 TE, no question.
    This. Although not as talented as the Grahams & Gronks, he'd easily put up top 5 TE numbers if he was given to the chance to just be a pass catcher. Dude is a baller and a team first player.

vCash
    QB - Foles. Hopefully he's the answer. I'm personally done with Vick.
    RB - Shady, Havili & Brown (IMO he's going to be filthy)
    TE - Both Celek and Harbor
    WR - Maclin & Avant plus a possible FA signing. Everyone else is meh, IMO. Trade Jackson, let him be some other teams problem.
    OL - Kelce, Peters & Herremans
    DL - Cole, Curry, Graham, Patterson (if healthy) & Cox. Cut Babin's ***** ***
    LB - Ryans & Kendricks. Add via draft or FA
    DB - DRC, Boykins, & Nnamdi (restructured). Add a S via draft or FA

Keep guys like Colt Anderson for ST duties only.

IMO, these guys are guaranteed to return whomever is the coach next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    QB - Foles. Hopefully he's the answer. I'm personally done with Vick.
    RB - Shady, Havili & Brown (IMO he's going to be filthy)
    TE - Both Celek and Harbor
    WR - Maclin & Avant plus a possible FA signing. Everyone else is meh, IMO. Trade Jackson, let him be some other teams problem.
    OL - Kelce, Peters & Herremans
    DL - Cole, Curry, Graham, Patterson (if healthy) & Cox. Cut Babin's ***** ***
    LB - Ryans & Kendricks. Add via draft or FA
    DB - DRC, Boykins, & Nnamdi (restructured). Add a S via draft or FA

Keep guys like Colt Anderson for ST duties only.

IMO, these guys are guaranteed to return whomever is the coach next year.
    WTF where is evan mathis on that list, Dude was ranked number 1 left guard last season and has been our best O linemen this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    WTF where is evan mathis on that list, Dude was ranked number 1 left guard last season and has been our best O linemen this year.
    Rated #1 under Mudd. He was a turd playing a conventional scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    Rated #1 under Mudd. He was a turd playing a conventional scheme.
    hey man dont talk scheme and **** unless ur a coach or a player. ok. i dont give a crap about scheme and coach because he was the best guard last season. im not pulling this out of my ***, there are people who get paid to watch all guards and grade them, and they graded him as best,.

and what about this season? ur willing to keep herramans (Who i like and think should be back) even though he was bad this season, mathis has been our best and most consistent OL thus far this season.

vCash
    http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...s-top-ten-list

10. Evan Mathis, OG, Philadelphia Eagles

If you’ve been with us here at PFF for a while, you are probably well aware of Evan Mathis. If you’re not, you may still not have any idea who he is. Mathis was the best guard in football this past season. Lining up at guard next to Jason Peters, he helped form the best left side of an offensive line in the NFL for the Eagles–and he did it all being thrust into the lineup late in camp as the Eagles shuffled positions. Mathis played 1,024 snaps this season and did not allow a single sack. He allowed just 15 total pressures on the season (less than one per game for the mathematically inclined) and his +20.4 run blocking grade was almost three times better than the next best mark of +6.9 posted by All-Pro Carl Nicks.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post...19-evan-mathis

ESPN NFC EAST TOP 20 Players:
    No. 19 -- Evan Mathis, Philadelphia Eagles G

Mathis is one of only two offensive linemen on our list and the only one who plays inside. Yes, it's rare for a guard to make a list such as this one, but I consider myself an especially enlightened football mind and Mathis an exceptional candidate. His case has been made quite famously by the folks at Pro Football Focus, who ranked him the No. 1 guard in the league last year by a pretty fair margin. His overall grade of 34.6 is more than six points better than his closest competitor, Carl Nicks.

But what puts Mathis on this list is his status as one of the elite run-blocking linemen in the entire NFL. As a pass-blocker, he graded out just fine -- No. 9 in the league according to PFF, which charged him with three quarterback hits and 12 hurries. But we know pass-blocking in Philadelphia is rough, what with the quarterback running around and extending plays all day. Where Mathis stands out is as a run-blocker. PFF's grade on him in that area last year was 20.4. The second-highest grade they gave was Marshal Yanda's 6.9.

That's a stunning differential, and it elevates Mathis well above his peers in the most critical element of NFL guard play. Eagles running back LeSean McCoy is a good bit higher up this list, but after a year in which he rushed for 1,309 yards and 17 touchdowns, McCoy has not missed a single chance to credit his offensive line for the work they did opening holes for him. The combination of an explosive back like McCoy and a run-blocking line like the one the Eagles have is a devastating mix. Mathis, who didn't even ascend to his starter's role until late in training camp last year, may well be the most important part of it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    hey man dont talk scheme and **** unless ur a coach or a player. ok. i dont give a crap about scheme and coach because he was the best guard last season. im not pulling this out of my ***, there are people who get paid to watch all guards and grade them, and they graded him as best,.

and what about this season? ur willing to keep herramans (Who i like and think should be back) even though he was bad this season, mathis has been our best and most consistent OL thus far this season.
    Word. I'll just let his 7 previous seasons under a "conventional" blocking "scheme" do the arguing.

And yes, I want to keep Herremans. Why? Because he can, ya know, actually play the position under a "normal scheme".

PS - I actually am an ex-player and coach at the NFL level. I just come on here to stir **** up with you lesser ignorant pawns.

vCash
    A zone blocking scheme isn't unconventional at all..
    SPACE

vCash
    Cool. Find me one of those from his pre-Eagles and Mudd career. I'm sure it's a doozie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    A zone blocking scheme isn't unconventional at all..
    SPACE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast