Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders-SJ View Post
    dunno fellas ..

If he plays this weekend, its kinda like throwing him into the Lions den.
    Trial by fire. Why not. If he is ready, no worries, if he is not, then it is a learning experience and we put Barnes back in.

vCash
    once again, this notion that a below .500 team has the luxury of grooming talent is a lttle beyond me.

How about finding a serviceable player 1st?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Well said Stork. How's it going over there? Sounds like you are gonna get hit with a nor'easter soon. Hope you are ready.
    We're hanging in. We've got heat and hot water, and I guess those are the most important...but 70% of our outlets are on the fritz. And I've been unable to get cable/internet up and running. Lol, getting a little tired of watching NCIS and Grimm on disc.

I'm very much hoping the new storm is overblown....tomorrow is my day to get gas. We'll have to see how that pans out.

I'm still a lot luckier than most. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

-Stork

vCash
    This is good news. Can't be much worst then Smith or Barnes. I think Bergstrom will play well. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    3rd rd draft choices start in the NFL,on a regular basis. Take a close look at the starting line-ups of other teams. It's not uncommon.

The fact that he didn't clearly beat out W Smith at practice during the previous weeks,is a bit of a concern.
    So who is starting right now that you would have rather had us pick at that spot?

There is a lot to be concerned with about this team. The fact that a 4th round pick didn't start the first half of the year is not one of them.

-Stork

vCash
    keep in mind bergstorm was the last pick in the 3rd round,

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    So who is starting right now that you would have rather had us pick at that spot?

There is a lot to be concerned with about this team. The fact that a 4th round pick didn't start the first half of the year is not one of them.

-Stork
    I didn't say we should of picked someone else, I said it is not uncommon for 3rdrs to start in the NFL.
    He was a 3rd rdr.
    In context, to this move, I felt it is a bit of a concern ,that he couldn't beat out Willie Smith over the previous weeks.
    There is a lot to be concerned about with this team. Offensive line is just one of them.

AJ
    Last edited by rubiconraider; 11-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    i say hes basically a 4th rounder since it was the last pick. Also keep in mind not that many late 3rd rounders start in their first year.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    i say hes basically a 4th rounder since it was the last pick. Also keep in mind not that many late 3rd rounders start in their first year.
    Your splitting hairs now.

vCash
    ?

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    He's closer to a 4th rounder than a 3rd rounder, in my eyes....he was taken after the 3rd round was completed. But yeah, splitting hairs.

I'm still not the least bit concerned that he hasn't started yet. We've got bigger fish to fry.

-Stork

vCash
    Thank god. Willie Smith blows so bad

vCash
    Should've kept Barksdale, if nothing else, for depth...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    We're hanging in. We've got heat and hot water, and I guess those are the most important...but 70% of our outlets are on the fritz. And I've been unable to get cable/internet up and running. Lol, getting a little tired of watching NCIS and Grimm on disc.

I'm very much hoping the new storm is overblown....tomorrow is my day to get gas. We'll have to see how that pans out.

I'm still a lot luckier than most. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

-Stork
    You are welcome, Stork. Good luck. Keep warm.

vCash
    Apparently some of you don't pay attention to good teams. Bergstrom is a 4th round OL basically... On a good team, it's like that sit on the depth chart for 2-3 years, learn the system, and move into a starting role...specifically in ZBS.

We are asking a lot for him to produce immediately, so I wish him the best of luck.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast