Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Here's another scouting report on Curry:

Playing Strength and Explosion: Curry likes to line up close to the line of scrimmage, where he can use his explosion and burst to avoid blocks and cause havoc in the backfield. He has no problems when he has to face up, as he makes it tough for bigger blockers to handle him when he uses his athleticism to slip past linemen, but he needs to display better hand usage and strength to shed and keep blockers off his body, especially when pinched back inside. He will sometimes throw a shoulder, but he is most effective executing his punishing arm swipes to split double teams. He displays the lower body power to step up and fill the inside rush lanes, again a strong aspect for a potential move to middle linebacker. When he plays at a good pad level, he can keep containment with leverage on the tight end. GRADE: 8.2

vCash
    Sounds awesome if anything he adds better stronger depth...#1 plug up holes, #2 tackle tackle tackle/wrap up n take down #3 dont over pursue, stick to your lanes.

This has been brought to you by the letter D and the word Fence.

Yes I voted Obama, I love me some Sesame Street. hahaha

vCash
    And another one:

Pass Defense: Curry's Achilles heel is his penchant to bite often on play-action fakes. He lacks good depth in his pass drops, but does a good job of eyeballing the quarterback and getting a jump on plays in front of him. Still, teams completed 71.1 percent of their passes into his area in 2008. He just does not have the hip flexibility to turn and drop with proper angle and depth. He has a better feel for pass coverage in the short area, another reason to view him more as an inside linebacker than on the strong-side. GRADE: 6.3
    Alot of reasons to move him over to the MLB position.

vCash
    hope he can play asap

vCash
    I dont see this as a 3-4 play. He is better than burris mcclain and wheeler without question. When he is back too 100% they will be his backups not vise versa. Im not saying he is the best out there, just saying our current LBs are fair at best although Miles has a good upside

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    And another one:

Alot of reasons to move him over to the MLB position.
    That stat was from 2008.... his rookie year? Out of position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    That stat was from 2008.... his rookie year? Out of position
    That was the scouting report when he came out of college. Though he was a strongside LB in college his weaknesses have been exposed since being drafted. It happens to all players who come into the league. He will be better in the middle because of the short zone.

vCash
    Curry might be better, but he's no certainty. He's another guy that our starving fans are viewing as a savior.

I'm just hoping he can grow as a player a little bit and find the ability to contribute consistently.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Curry might be better, but he's no certainty. He's another guy that our starving fans are viewing as a savior.
    He can save our run defense. Get rid of McClain!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He can save our run defense. Get rid of McClain!
    Trust me when I tell you, there was no need for you to tell me you see the guy as a savior.

-Stork

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Curry is a good linebacker here comes a lil 3-4 cause no way we activate Curry to be a backup.
    until he is in game shape that is exactly what he will be, a backup and situational downs IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrandblkatack View Post
    Curry is a good linebacker here comes a lil 3-4 cause no way we activate Curry to be a backup.
    they will not just throw him into the starting spot he will have to work his way into game shape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    they will not just throw him into the starting spot he will have to work his way into game shape
    That's pretty obvious but he has been practicing and considering how we just got smashed by Martin i can see Curry getting involved pretty quickly. You can look at the man and see he stays in shape i don't think that will be any problem at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I dont see this as a 3-4 play. He is better than burris mcclain and wheeler without question. When he is back too 100% they will be his backups not vise versa. Im not saying he is the best out there, just saying our current LBs are fair at best although Miles has a good upside
    I agree with this Curry is the best LB on the roster without question. He is best suited in the middle of the D. The 3-4 would be the way to go Wheeler, Curry, McClain and Burris. With the DL we have we can rotate guys in an out and be fine up front. Honestly a 4-3 with Curry in the middle of it looks better than the 4-3 with McClaon in the middle. I've never seen McClain take on an OT the way Curry did McKinnie last year in the Charger game. That was an example of what we've been missing for quite some time from our LB's.
    Last edited by slvrandblkatack; 11-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

I'm just hoping he can grow as a player a little bit and find the ability to contribute consistently.

-Stork
    Curry is a very physical player and against Tampa Bay who have been our most physical opponent so far this season,our team got knocked around.Maybe his physical game can rub off on a few people on offense,defense and special teams because we definitely need to become that if we want to turn the corner and IMO it is how the game should be played.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast