Agreed. But I switch Bills and Beckett.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    sign Grienke, Hunter and some BP help and call it an offseason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgernation View Post
    we are not going to get napoli. he'd be an upgrade but not enough of one to justify the money. I want kuroda and anibal (i think angels will get greinke)

Kershaw
    Kuroda
    Anibal
    Beckett
    Bills/Lilly

thats an awesome staff, and we could trade harang or capuano for a bullpen arm.
    You don't think the Dodgers envision ryu as a starter?

Seems kind of ridiculous to me they'd put up 25 mil to negotiate with a reliever.

vCash
    He'll start if signed
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I believe if we get grienke we will be looking good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA RO View Post
    Greinke and Ryu and we are set. We can keep one of Capuano or Harang in case anybody goes down.

Kershaw
    Greinke
    Beckett
    Ryu
    Bills

As I said, pretty filthy. I actually think Ryu will be a pleasant surprise to most if we sign him to a contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LA RO View Post
    Greinke and Ryu and we are set. We can keep one of Capuano or Harang in case anybody goes down.

Kershaw
    Greinke
    Beckett
    Ryu
    Bills

As I said, pretty filthy. I actually think Ryu will be a pleasant surprise to most if we sign him to a contract.

Can anyone explain why there is a consistent lack of faith in Billingslys ability. How is suddenly our # 4/5 below Ryu, an unknown, and Beckett? Beckett may have been better years ago but not over the last 4. The way I see it Bills is our #3, Beckett 4 and Ryu is 5.
    Last edited by Scully in 2012; 11-13-2012 at 09:05 AM.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Health is the major reason. Better have a back up plan for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Can anyone explain why there is a consistent lack of faith in Billingslys ability. How is suddenly our # 4/5 below Ryu, an unknown, and Beckett? Beckett may have been better years ago but not over the last 4. The way I see it Bills is our #3, Beckett 4 and Ryu is 5.
    no offense .... I like Billingsley, I always have .... but ... HE SUCKS ...that is why ... He is way too inconsistent ... I get the lack of faith in Ryu and Beckett too but they are all hand in hand at this point ... I just think Beckett and Ryu have WAY more potential

vCash
    Billingsley definitely does not suck. He has been inconsistent like you said though. Since he had his first full year of starting in 2008 his WAR each has been 4.4, 3.1, 4.4, 1.9, 2.7. Obviously WAR is not the way to solely judge a player, but as a whole it shows he's a good starter. His WAR more than likely would've been higher than 2.7 this year if he didn't get injured. He's also got an above-average career FIP and has nearly 8.0 K/9 over his career.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Billingsley definitely does not suck. He has been inconsistent like you said though. Since he had his first full year of starting in 2008 his WAR each has been 4.4, 3.1, 4.4, 1.9, 2.7. Obviously WAR is not the way to solely judge a player, but as a whole it shows he's a good starter. His WAR more than likely would've been higher than 2.7 this year if he didn't get injured. He's also got an above-average career FIP and has nearly 8.0 K/9 over his career.
    you know i have always said, that in terms of pure stuff and ability, bills is as good as Matt Cain, though he doesn't have Matt Cain's insane Babip though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I am honestly asking .... so don't get mad or take it wrong .... why is a giants fan in the dodger forum? Are you trolling or is their an actualy reason?

vCash
    I don't think I've seen his name mentioned yet, but what about Shaun Marcum as a possible SP addition? He's a quality pitcher and I would assume more affordable than some other names mentioned. He has a career 3.76 ERA and 1.22 WHIP.

vCash
    Napoli would make a good back up at c and first. A bat off the bench too, it is not going to happen so pj. Might as well move on. We are looking for a sp

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast