Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash

Free Agent Wish List

As much as I hate to agree with a SF fan about anything.....I do agree that trading either Cap or Harang is a good move.

Apply that savings to a 3-4 year deals for two good starters like Haren, Lohse, etc. it's our smartest move at this point. Yes, according to the numbers, our pitching did very well last year. I don't trust Cap and Harang to have a repeat of last years success.

If we sign two quality starters, likely for a little more than what Grienke may get per year (20+mil.) we are doing very well! Keep in mind that If we trade either Cap or Harang that reduces the price of the new guys contract. Also, next year the leftover of Cap/Harang will be gone as well which would keep the door open should Z.Lee be ready....or we go shopping.

We are set with our lineup. A staff of:
    Kershaw, Bills, Beckett and 2 of Haren, Lohse, Sanchez, etc. would be lethal.

I really don't see Sanchez as a huge upgrade over Cap or Harang. I would stay away - not worth his likely price. Haren and Lohse...3 years each with a option for 4th...
    Last edited by Scully in 2012; 11-07-2012 at 09:25 PM.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    I would be satisfied if we only got Sanchez. He's 29 and will cost less than Lohse and especially Grienke. The Dodgers are not going to trade Ethier for Shields or sign Hamilton so get that out of your head. Even if they did trade Ethier and that RF spot was open, i believe they still wouldn't sign Hamilton because of the money he demands. I know the Dodgers can take on money, but they don't need to get silly.

vCash

Free Agent Wish List

Sanchez is a decent. Yes, he will likely improve with the Dodgers but he isn't the upgrade we need. He is between Bills/Beckett and Cap/Harang.. I say no.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash

If Grienke's asking price is 6/150?

Is he worth it? There is a thread in the MLB forum saying that is the price. It seems like something the team can afford. Maybe try to make it 5 with a mutual option or something. Starters would be; Kershaw, Grienke, Billingsly, Beckett, Capuano, Harang, Lilly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Is he worth it? There is a thread in the MLB forum saying that is the price. It seems like something the team can afford. Maybe try to make it 5 with a mutual option or something. Starters would be; Kershaw, Grienke, Billingsly, Beckett, Capuano, Harang, Lilly.
    If he stays healthy he is certainly worth it comparatively speaking. As much as I would lie to have him I think fr a few million more Haren ad Lohse would prove more valuable over the me t 4 years.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Signing Haren would be Jason Schmidt part 2 and overpaying for Lohse would be an absolute bust. We need Anibel Sanchez; who finished strong in the postseason and is younger than Lohse and Haren. Sanchez will demand for a 4 year 60-70$ million deal. Much cheaper than Lohse and Grienke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KempForMVP View Post
    Signing Haren would be Jason Schmidt part 2 and overpaying for Lohse would be an absolute bust. We need Anibel Sanchez; who finished strong in the postseason and is younger than Lohse and Haren. Sanchez will demand for a 4 year 60-70$ million deal. Much cheaper than Lohse and Grienke.

Haren has pitched over 200 innings in 8 of the last 9 years. Last year he had an injury and still pitched 176 innings. "Haren posted a 3.58 ERA in 13 starts to close out the season after a back injury landed him on the disabled list. It was the first disabled-list trip the 32-year-old Haren had made in his career." Yea, sounds just like Jason Schmidt.

If we pass on or don't get Grienke, Sanchez would be ok as long as we got Haren as well. Sanchez alone is not the complete answer for us.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post

Haren has pitched over 200 innings in 8 of the last 9 years. Last year he had an injury and still pitched 176 innings. "Haren posted a 3.58 ERA in 13 starts to close out the season after a back injury landed him on the disabled list. It was the first disabled-list trip the 32-year-old Haren had made in his career." Yea, sounds just like Jason Schmidt.

If we pass on or don't get Grienke, Sanchez would be ok as long as we got Haren as well. Sanchez alone is not the complete answer for us.
    sanchez wants 90 million, he can't get that from some buddy else.

vCash
    I feel Kuroda would be a great sign and @ $16M/1 yr. Would gitter done!

He was the best pitcher the Yanks had last year. And the only reason he left was cause we didn't have the money to pay him properly.

He is just as good as Grienke, I think he's better and ee could go year to year and will put up similar #s.

All the f.a pitchers want big time money that they aren't worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    sanchez wants 90 million, he can't get that from some buddy else.
    At this point everyone will ask for an outrageous contract if they think the Dodgers have interest in them. I seriously doubt to many teams will come near 90 mil. for Sanchez - He should get a CJ Wilson type contract.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Kuroda should be #1 priority. He never should have left and bringing him back would make a solid rotation for 2012
    Kershaw
    Kuroda
    Bills
    Becket
    Lilly/Cap/Harrang/Ryu/?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    Kuroda should be #1 priority. He never should have left and bringing him back would make a solid rotation for 2012
    Kershaw
    Kuroda
    Bills
    Becket
    Lilly/Cap/Harrang/Ryu/?
    The only problem I have with Kuroda is that he will cost us our 1st round pick. We desperately need that pick too. As much as I love the guy and wish he never left, there (not their or they're) are some better options. Grienke (of course) and Haren neither of which would cost a draft pick.

A Real American HERO !!!

Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    The only problem I have with Kuroda is that he will cost us our 1st round pick. We desperately need that pick too. As much as I love the guy and wish he never left, there (not their or they're) are some better options. Grienke (of course) and Haren neither of which would cost a draft pick.
    Kuroda wont cost us $100M+ and 5-6 years. I think saving hundreds of millions of dollars is a better option than a 1st rounder...

Sure he is an older guy but he has been solid ever since he first came to the States and would be a great #2 and would finally get some run support from us.

vCash
    Here is the 2013 rotation:

Kershaw, Greinke, Bills, Sanchez, Beckett
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Here is the 2013 rotation:

Kershaw, Greinke, Bills, Sanchez, Beckett
    Not seeing that at all..

We arn't signing 2 more pitchers, I can 99% guarantee that, and where does Ryu fit into all this?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast