5 100.00%
  • lose

0 0%
  • tie

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Week 10: TNF - Indianapolis Colts (5-3) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (1-7)

Week Ten
    @

Thursday, November 8th at 8:20 PM ET
    TV: NFL NETWORK

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Andrew Luck, QB #12 - 2404 Yards / 10 TD 8 INT / 56.5 CMP% / 79.0 QB Rating
    Blaine Gabbert, QB #11 - 1429 Yards / 9 TD 5 INT / 58.0 CMP% / 78.4 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Vick Ballard, RB #33 - 266 Yards / 77 Carries/ 3.5 YPC / 0 TD
    Rashad Jennings, RB #23 - 194 Yards / 63 Carries/ 3.1 YPC/ 1 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Reggie Wayne, WR #87 - 61 Catches / 835 Yards / 3 TD
    Cecil Shorts, WR #84 - 23 Catches / 456 Yards / 3 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Dwayne Allen, TE #83 - 23 Catches / 249 Yards / 2 TD
    Mercedes Lewis, TE #89 - 23 Catches / 198 Yards / 2 TD

Kicker

~VS~

Adam Vinatieri, K #4 - 16 FGM / 22 FGA / 13 XPM / 13 XPA
    Josh Scobee, K #10 - 14 FGM / 14 FGA / 5 XPM / 6 XPA

Tackles Leader

~VS~

Jerrell Freeman, LB #50 - 71
    Russell Allen, LB #50 - 63

Sacks Leader

~VS~

Robert Mathis, LB #98 - 6.0
    Jeremy Mincey, DE #94 - 2.0

Interceptions Leader

~VS~

Jerraud Powers, CB #25 - 1
    Derek Cox, CB #21 - 2

Click For More Stats
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    This is a statement game. Good teams should be able to beat bad teams with a big margin. ie: Bears vs. Titans. We need redemption from the Cecil Shorts debacle and to continue to press forward toward the playoffs! If we do not win by 10+ i will consider it a disappointment. Jax is without MJD and Rasheen Mathis so we should take care of business.

On a side note what do you guys think of these Thursday night games? Its kinda nice we will get a few extra days to prepare for NE but i just don't care for them much. Oh and Vinatieri has missed 6 FG's! Unacceptable!!! I would not be upset if we signed Nate Kneding or however you spell his name. He was a pro-bowl kicker for the Chargers not long ago and I would trust him to make a 50 yarder over AV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    This is a statement game. Good teams should be able to beat bad teams with a big margin. ie: Bears vs. Titans. We need redemption from the Cecil Shorts debacle and to continue to press forward toward the playoffs! If we do not win by 10+ i will consider it a disappointment. Jax is without MJD and Rasheen Mathis so we should take care of business.

On a side note what do you guys think of these Thursday night games? Its kinda nice we will get a few extra days to prepare for NE but i just don't care for them much. Oh and Vinatieri has missed 6 FG's! Unacceptable!!! I would not be upset if we signed Nate Kneding or however you spell his name. He was a pro-bowl kicker for the Chargers not long ago and I would trust him to make a 50 yarder over AV
    Honestly I don't think there are statement games in the NFL. Just look at the fact that the Jets blew us out (which I'm sure they thought was a statement game), Miami in turn blew them out the 2nd time they met (again an in division statement)....and then we beat Miami. You brought up the Bears v Tenn....I would like to put the Bears vs. Carolina and a 1 point win in a game they honestly should have lost the week before playing Tenn. It isn't the amount of points you hang on someone...it is finding a way to win when you aren't playing great.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to demolish a team we should beat handily like Jacksonville, but a blow out isn't a must...I think winning as many close games as we have and coming from behind or tied is the statement we are making and need to make. I like to have our guys going at it until the last tick is off the clock rather than getting conservative and letting them back in with a big lead.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

vCash
    Powers officially ruled out for Thursday. Butler will get the start.

vCash
    [QUOTE=ponderingpluto;24216344]This is a statement game. Good teams should be able to beat bad teams with a big margin. ie: Bears vs. Titans. We need redemption from the Cecil Shorts debacle and to continue to press forward toward the playoffs! If we do not win by 10+ i will consider it a disappointment. Jax is without MJD and Rasheen Mathis so we should take care of business.

On a side note what do you guys think of these Thursday night games? Its kinda nice we will get a few extra days to prepare for NE but i just don't care for them much. Oh and Vinatieri has missed 6 FG's! Unacceptable!!! I would not be upset if we signed Nate Kneding or however you spell his name. He was a pro-bowl kicker for the Chargers not long ago and I would trust him to make a 50 yarder over AV[/QUOTE
    It's unacceptable for all the missed fg's, he used to be clutch and now you almost hope they go for it on 4th down. Do you know how much longer his contract is? They could find someone in the 2013 draft in the late rounds to replace him and put that $$ somewhere else. what if the colts are in a position to actually win in NE and it comes down to a fg or go for 4th and 2 what would you do? I agree this should be a decisive win, they should've won the 1st game. I like thurs. night games, I don't know if it's best for the players or how they feel about it but it does give them more prep for NE and for injuries to heal. I'm glad that there is games on 3 days a week it sucks waiting to watch the next game sometimes. the sunday night, monday night and thurs. night gives us the chance to see what some of the other team are all about and not just see highlights on espn.

vCash
    It's Jacksonville, but I'm still worried that we will disappoint this game. We're going to be pretty short-handed.

#iubb

vCash
    Great no Davis or Powers.... We should give Routt a hard look, only if he clears waivers. I doubt we can afford the rest of his salary if we claim him nor would it be justifiable. We could use another serviceable CB this week.

We really have to win this game. We cannot go 5-4 with 2 losses coming from the Jaguars. With MJD out, there should be no excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DieHardColtsfan View Post
    Great no Davis or Powers.... We should give Routt a hard look, only if he clears waivers. I doubt we can afford the rest of his salary if we claim him nor would it be justifiable. We could use another serviceable CB this week.

We really have to win this game. We cannot go 5-4 with 2 losses coming from the Jaguars. With MJD out, there should be no excuses.
    Routt just cleared waivers and is now a free agent. Would love to give him a shot.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 11-06-2012 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Absolutely no way can we lose this game and still be taken seriously.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Awesome.
    “@AdamSchefter: About 25 Colts - including Vinatieri, Brown, McAfee, Castonzo, Reitz, Bethea, Angerer - shaved their heads to honor HC Chuck Pagano.”

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    quick question, where has angerer been? i thought he would be back in the starting line-up by now.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    quick question, where has angerer been? i thought he would be back in the starting line-up by now.
    He's been playing the past couple weeks...just not well.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    He's been playing the past couple weeks...just not well.
    I really havent seen him in all that much. I saw him 2 weeks back, but only for a couple plays. I wouldnt expect him to play too well without any minutes. I hope the foot isnt affecting him too much, i think him and Freeman together could be a great combination.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ombada View Post
    I really havent seen him in all that much. I saw him 2 weeks back, but only for a couple plays. I wouldnt expect him to play too well without any minutes. I hope the foot isnt affecting him too much, i think him and Freeman together could be a great combination.
    I think his foot is still bothering him. He can't play for extended time yet.

Even without Powers/Vontae, we should be able to contain Jax. They can't run and Freeney/Mathis should be able to make Gabbert look like Gabbert.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    I think his foot is still bothering him. He can't play for extended time yet.

Even without Powers/Vontae, we should be able to contain Jax. They can't run and Freeney/Mathis should be able to make Gabbert look like Gabbert.
    So both are playing? If so I think this would be the perfect game to test the Freeney/Hughes overload. Bring in Hughes at DE on an obvious passing down and have Freeney line up at OLB on the same side with Mathis on the opposite side. I just want to see the result... 1 time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast