Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who deserves be in charge of the playcalling?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB Eli Manning

4 44.44%
  • OC Kevin Gilbride

4 44.44%
  • Other (like HC Tom Coughlin should step in or something else)

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Eli or Gilbride: Who should be in charge?

There's been some questions on who's running the play call, and who's doing it right...I'm not sugarcoating it, our offense have been in the slump since October, and since the 49ers game, We don't know where the dominance of our play calling on offense has went, but since that game, we've been left with nothing else but and it's someone's fault. While "Killdrive" usually would be spotted as the scapegoat, especially by Giants fans (just being honest), "Mr. October" haven't been himself lately...especially in October, but regardless of nickname & the blames, who do you think should continue to have the majority of the play-calling on offense, OC Kevin Gilbride, or Eli Manning?
    Last edited by cowboyskilla; 11-06-2012 at 02:20 AM.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash
    Gilbride. Eli forces too many things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Gilbride. Eli forces too many things.
    Yeah. Eli is smart but he does force things

This situation is tricky because Eli needs Gilbride and Gilbride needs Eli.

Its tough.

vCash
    Where's the "both" option? Otherwise known as "as is". Gilbride calls it and Eli has rights to change EVERY play. That's how it is and how it ought to be. The issue is not the play-to-play calling, but the overall strategy which is accountable to all of them.

In the NFL when you have a 7 or 10 pt lead you gotta keep playing as if you're from behind. Their conservative plan is to sit on it and kill time. Which was fine in 2008 when they could run for 200 yds per game, but not good in a pass first attack.

vCash
    Eli just hasnt been sharp his throws are off I hate to say it, but if he continues then giants should start checking down a little more to open the passing game

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    My main problem is why dont we score more TDs in the red zone.

We have huge targets and reliable WRs...Bennett..Barden...1st & goal kickin FGs got to stop.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    My main problem is why dont we score more TDs in the red zone?

We have huge targets and reliable WRs...Bennett..Barden...1st & goal kickin FGs got to stop.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    My main problem is why dont we score more TDs in the red zone?
    Same reason we're not aggressive with a lead. As soon as we're in a good position (lead, red zone, 1st in the division) this team slows down and plays too safe.

We have the tools of a pass first attack, and Gilbride for the most part has adapted well, but he's still in that run 'n gun slow mode sometimes. Need to keep the pedal down all game, but Coughlin and Gilbride don't have that mindset.

What makes things worse is that we have a soft DC. He acts aggressive, but his play calling is very basic. Remember from day 1 when he came in players said it was more simplified from Spags.

vCash
    Neither... Tom Coughlin should have final say...
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Our play calling is terrible no matter who is calling it. I guarantee you look at any 3rd and 1 we had this season 90% of the times we pass. WTF is that. we need 1 yard run the damn ball Theres no excuse for that..and the other team knows were gonna pass thats the sad part.

Playcalling is the death of this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    My main problem is why dont we score more TDs in the red zone.

We don't have huge targets outside of Bennett and Barden.

Barden is never used on fades, so don't hold your breathe there.

Nicks is physical and thick, that's the one I don't get. They used to let him just box his man out in the corner of the endzone and have eli throw a back shoulder pass and it would work 8 times out of 10. They don't do it anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post

Nicks is physical and thick, that's the one I don't get. They used to let him just box his man out in the corner of the endzone and have eli throw a back shoulder pass and it would work 8 times out of 10. They don't do it anymore.
    On point.

I don't do many endorsements. I'd rather get doused by Gatorade than bust my butt selling it.
    -Bill Parcells

vCash
    It should be the way it's always been. More Gilbride (driving us crazy), with Eli making adjustments at the line.

If you guys haven't noticed, lately it seems like the WR's are not on the same page as Eli, resulting in throws to no one. He's also trying to force throws. They need to get everyone on the same page, Nicks 100% healthy & they need to use Hixon (who I was never a fan of at WR but can help) & Barden more. Fades to a rookie when you have an aggressive 6'6'' WR sitting on the bench makes no sense.

They'll get it together, but it's going to drive us crazy in the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post

Yeah. I miss that.

My fantasy league is done thanks to Eli n Nicks. I thought he would have a big year. Hopefully next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeswin27 View Post
    Our play calling is terrible no matter who is calling it. I guarantee you look at any 3rd and 1 we had this season 90% of the times we pass. WTF is that. we need 1 yard run the damn ball Theres no excuse for that..and the other team knows were gonna pass thats the sad part.

Playcalling is the death of this team.
    yeah that has frustrated the hell out of me. Especially with the way Brown has been running. Bradshaw would get eaten alive on any 3rd and short but Brown gets to the hole so fast, it kills me that on every 3rd and 1 they're throwing for 15+, especially when the back-shoulder stuff hasn't been clicking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast