• Lions by at least 10 but under 21

7 23.33%
  • Vikings by at least 10 but under 21

2 6.67%
  • Lions in a blow out

1 3.33%
  • Vikings in a blow out

3 10.00%
  • Lions are back and will light up the vikings. Our D will stuff AP. GO LIONS!!

4 13.33%
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,036 to 1,037 of 1037
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    meh, i dont think you realize how the nfl works. we have the QB ( the most important position) and the nfl is built for quick turnarounds. it's not always about getting "better players" per se. more than anything, it's about getting players that fit the scheme and can play within the framework of the scheme in cohesion with the other players on the field.
    I don't think you realize how the NFL works man.....

There is a inevitable factor out there you need to consider when it comes to the depth of your roster, that is INJURIES!!

It's fine and well to move into the season with your 22 starters, but someone is going to get hurt....then what?? You will be wishing you had half these type of guys around at that point. For example, Lawrence Jackson sounds like a real good option if Avril or KVB goes down......oh yeah, that's right.....none of these three guys will be playing in Detroit next season unless there are some contracts put in place.

Why don't you take a look at some of the year-after-year successful teams out there like New England, Baltimore, Green Bay, Giants, Steelers, ect. and tell me how often do you see 20-25 players turned over on thier roster from one year-to the next.......YOU NEVER SEE IT.

Never mind tho....I guess Ronnell Lewis and Willie Young will hold it down lol!!

Like I said earlier, if all you wanna do is worry about the starting 22 players instead of the entire 53 man roster, then go play fantasy football because this is NOT a formula for winning.

We are going into another rebuilding mode......I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but it is a FACT
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I don't think you realize how the NFL works man.....

There is a inevitable factor out there you need to consider when it comes to the depth of your roster, that is INJURIES!!

It's fine and well to move into the season with your 22 starters, but someone is going to get hurt....then what?? You will be wishing you had half these type of guys around at that point. For example, Lawrence Jackson sounds like a real good option if Avril or KVB goes down......oh yeah, that's right.....none of these three guys will be playing in Detroit next season unless there are some contracts put in place.

Why don't you take a look at some of the year-after-year successful teams out there like New England, Baltimore, Green Bay, Giants, Steelers, ect. and tell me how often do you see 20-25 players turned over on thier roster from one year-to the next.......YOU NEVER SEE IT.

Never mind tho....I guess Ronnell Lewis and Willie Young will hold it down lol!!

Like I said earlier, if all you wanna do is worry about the starting 22 players instead of the entire 53 man roster, then go play fantasy football because this is NOT a formula for winning.

We are going into another rebuilding mode......I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but it is a FACT
    Green Bay has AWFUL depth, you have no clue what you're talking about.

The year they won the superbowl they were plagued with injuries, had no one to step up, and struggled into the playoffs, then got healthy and demolished everyone through the next year.

Same with the Giants, in both superbowl runs. Both years they had serious d-line injuries, no one stepped up, they struggled into the playoffs, then got healthy and killed everyone.

And the Pats are just the Pats, they probably have easily the most complete roster.

But I think that's more Belichek being a genius and knowing how to get the most out of every single player and turning nobodies into stars.

The only thing all the teams with success year after year have in common is big name QBs, and maybe one or two other huge stars, think about it -

Manning, Mathis, Freeney
    Manning, JPP, Strahan, just the entire dline in general
    Brady, Wilfork, Welker
    Rodgers, Mathews, Woodson
    Rothlisberger, Harrison, Woodley, Ward,

The only exception to the star QB rule is the Ravens, but that's only because their defense at the early half of the decade was arguably the best of all time.

But all those top end teams have two things in common -

Elite QB
    Elite defensive leaders

Your other players come and go, you need to keep your stars.

Detroit has this setup, we have Suh and Delmas on defense, when Delmas plays, we are CLEARLY a different team. If we can just stay healthy, we're a perennial playoff team. We just need some upgrades on oline and in secondary and we could make a superbowl push.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-15-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970