Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    11:59PM EST November 15. 2012 - When the Golden State Warriors boarded a plane for Minnesota and headed out on a three-game road trip on Thursday, their most important player remained alone in Los Angeles.

Center Andrew Bogut continues to rehab the surgically-repaired left ankle that has him out indefinitely, and USA TODAY Sports has learned that he has been taking yet another measure to get fully healthy.

The Warriors have confirmed that Bogut has received Regenokine injections, a blood-manipulation treatment on his ankle that is similar to the one Lakers star Kobe Bryant had on his right knee during the 2011 offseason and to which he credits his physical revival ever since. The procedure is expected to assist in Bogut's recovery and diminish the inflammation in the ankle.

Regenokine injections, according to its website, is a program that uses "the body's own proteins to reduce inflammation." It is used to treat osteoarthritis, joint pain, low back pain and some muscle and tendon issues.

The Warriors, who gambled on Bogut as the centerpiece of their rebuilding effort when they acquired him from Milwaukee in March and sent fan favorite Monta Ellis to the Bucks, had always hoped Bogut would be ready to contribute at the start of the season. But the left ankle that he fractured in January ultimately required arthroscopic surgery in late April.

The surgery, as Bogut has said several times, involved far more extensive clean-up than was originally expected and pushed his recovery time back to the point that he hoped he'd be ready for training camp. He played four of the first five games this season, but had a 20-minute-per-game limit that clearly frustrated him and limited his impact. The Warriors announced on Nov. 8 that Bogut would miss the next seven to 10 days, then later said there was no timeline when he didn't return. The Warriors, who so badly want to make the playoffs for just the third time in the franchise's last 18 seasons, downed Atlanta on Wednesday night to improve to 4-4.

Bogut is doing some on-court activity while also resting the ankle, and he is being monitored by Warriors consultant Jerry West during the basketball sessions.
    Link:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ankle/1707823/

Found this article today. It's a bit dated but I don't think we've seen it yet here on PSD.
    Last edited by Ninhmeister; 11-20-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: accidentally a word.

vCash
    still no time to expect him back? I heard on knbr that he is suppose to start practicing next week
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    still no time to expect him back? I heard on knbr that he is suppose to start practicing next week

The Kobe treatment isn't guaranteed.

But he has been conditioning on the innovative Alter G Treadmill. It takes away 30 to 40 percent of your body weight and allows you to condition without as much impact. That can be a key factor to keep Bogut's conditioning up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    The Kobe treatment isn't guaranteed.

But he has been conditioning on the innovative Alter G Treadmill. It takes away 30 to 40 percent of your body weight and allows you to condition without as much impact. That can be a key factor to keep Bogut's conditioning up.
    You can control how much weight you want on one ankle, it's not limited to 40%, don't know where you heard that. And if everything is right he should practice on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    You can control how much weight you want on one ankle, it's not limited to 40%, don't know where you heard that. And if everything is right he should practice on Monday.

The treadmill makes you absorb less weight, it's a new technology

vCash
    I absolutely want Bogut to be healthy. But you have to give credit for the Warriors drafting Festus Ezili. He is such a great back up center to rely on when you have Bogut out. You know Biedrins might be the same ol player, but he sure is more appreciated as a 2nd or 3rd stringer then as a starter. The Warriors would be much worse off without Ezili. I hope they keep Ezili because he might become the center of the long run. But I hope they can keep Bogut for a few years and have him be healthy.

In every dark cloud there is a silver line.

vCash
    The treadmill makes you absorb less weight, it's a new technology
    I know, what I'm saying is it's not limited to 40%

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    got heeeemmmmm

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    got heeeemmmmm

Mackshook what?

vCash
    (:

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    (:

You're confusing me bro

vCash
    Whos mackshook

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Whos mackshook

You need to stop with the one word posts

vCash
    You need to stop with the one word posts
    if you get confused off me posting one word, i dont think you can handle a paragraph that i write..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    We're top 6 in rebounds without bogut!!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast