Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    i agree with stylez. we need to win now. a playoff berth will sway free agents.

players want to go to playoff teams. if we miss the playoffs, we have less chance of signing free agents who are difference makers. only if salary cap allows of course.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SmackYoMama View Post
    Bro come to reality! Bogut will not be a factor this year and our team at the moment is a low playoff seed at best. Are we going to win a championship with this team? NO! So why not look forward to our youngs getting experience they may not have gotten otherwise then next season be stronger with a (healthy) potential all-star cener. I don't see the harm in looking towards the future when the present is obviously nowhere near where they want to be and that is championship caliber. Stop your boo hooing brotha
    its very rare that a team just becomes a contender after tanking for so many years. Usually a team has to get solid, be a lock for the playoffs, be a borderline contender, than a real contender.

The warriors look pretty solid right now. They are actually winning games through things that dont fall under luck. They are consistantly outrebounding teams, closing out on shooters close to 20% more (Huge difference... not luck). They kind of are in a place they are satisfied with as far as the level the team is playing at on the court. Theyre doing this with 3 of their biggest offensive weapons struggling shooting the ball (not likely to continue... considering how good of shooters curry and thompson are).

And if the warriors management havent learned anything else from the last 9 months... they should know tanking a season on the hopes that bogut will be at 100% the next season is not a smart thing to do. if bogut doesnt come back and be a regular starter at some point this season....there is almost no chance that he will be 100% next season either.

If you dont see the harm on giving up on the season and looking towards the future year after year after year after year.....You havent been a warriors fan the last 2 decades.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    they tanked the season to get Barnes and ultimately the 30th pick, Ezeli.

she says go for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Xsatyr View Post
    As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    they didnt tank for ezeli, they traded for him

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Think about it. We traded for Stephen Jackson who we then traded for Jefferson and the 30th pick, Ezeli.

Monta for Barnes, Bogut, and Ezeli

As a Rockets fan I hate the Warriors. I despise the Warriors more than any other team right now.

vCash
    yes, but to say they tanked for ezeli is incorrect.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    How?

vCash
    If we kept Stephen Jackson and not made that trade we would've had at least one more win. But I see what you're saying I guess.

vCash
    and they didnt trade monta for barnes..

traded monta for

bogut, RJ, and ezeli.

tanked for barnes.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I don't only see it that way. But I see what you're saying.

By trading Monta we were able to keep our 7th pick, Barnes.

Jefferson wasn't going to help us win games last year. And neither was starting 4 or 5 rookies for that matter.
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 11-29-2012 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    they didnt tank for ezeli, they traded for him
    agreed- they would have had ezeli even if they won the championship last yr. it had nothing to do with tanking.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    yup..but i see what beans is saying also..

trading for monta helped us get barnes..agreed

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Does anyone see Bogut making it back by December 22nd? From that date on, we could really use Bogut, and if we don't have him by then we could fall quite a bit in the standings. That's 23 days from today.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Does anyone see Bogut making it back by December 22nd? From that date on, we could really use Bogut, and if we don't have him by then we could fall quite a bit in the standings. That's 23 days from today.
    Nobody knows about that, buy we are allowed to hope at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its very rare that a team just becomes a contender after tanking for so many years. Usually a team has to get solid, be a lock for the playoffs, be a borderline contender, than a real contender.

The warriors look pretty solid right now. They are actually winning games through things that dont fall under luck. They are consistantly outrebounding teams, closing out on shooters close to 20% more (Huge difference... not luck). They kind of are in a place they are satisfied with as far as the level the team is playing at on the court. Theyre doing this with 3 of their biggest offensive weapons struggling shooting the ball (not likely to continue... considering how good of shooters curry and thompson are).

And if the warriors management havent learned anything else from the last 9 months... they should know tanking a season on the hopes that bogut will be at 100% the next season is not a smart thing to do. if bogut doesnt come back and be a regular starter at some point this season....there is almost no chance that he will be 100% next season either.

If you dont see the harm on giving up on the season and looking towards the future year after year after year after year.....You havent been a warriors fan the last 2 decades.
    When did I ever say i was giving up on the season? Did i mention tanking? I'm simply trying to look at the brighter side of things you know trying to see the glass as half full. I agree we are playing solid but solid enough for what an 8th seed maybe? I did'nt say we would be a mediocre team this season then all of a sudden be title contenders when Bogut is healthy next season. I think you should take the time to read people's posts for what they say and stop reading into thing so much and assuming they mean more than what is written.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast