Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hey Knowledge...you wanna call out Myles and Hydro too? They're saying the same thing I did.

This offensive philosophy and the team we've had/have is built to work with a dominating big man.

You don't have to read that whole thing to know that.
    I've called them out on things plenty of times. I've probably annoyed the hell out of them in the process, but if I see something I think is wrong or incorrect, I speak up on it.

And once again, those stats are from last year. His post was about the teams mentality and offensive philosophy, which doesn't seem to change no matter the personnel. How many dominating big men are there in the NBA? Plenty of teams find ways to get around that and attack the basket.

If guys aren't taking it to the rim and trying to draw fouls, particularly those who are talented enough or whose best skill set is to do it, that is a fundamental problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    BHolly's presentation of the data clearly shows what many (indluding myself) on this forum criticized the Doug Collins offense about. ET will never be an offensive juggernaut. But for both ET and our half court offense, the head coach is a big part of the problem.....always has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    BHolly - bringing credibility to the Sixers boards.

vCash
    I think we do try and go to the rim bee just don't succeed. Sometimes not even getting a shot up. We don't need a dominant big. We just need one that's assertive and forceful around the rim. So when we drive his defender can't leave without worrying about his man getting the putback dunk.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    ^^ luckily bynum should be dominant and forceful around the rim.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Anyone notice, that between Nick Young, Wright, Jrich, and Wayns that if all of them get a smattering of playmaking opps and the evil green light that we basically have the same problems in our offense as last year?

Collins is weird. I stated this early on in his tenure here. He will never be mistaken for offensive genius.

Please, Doug, put in proper roles:
    Wright is the guy in the corners
    Nick Young is tops a 12-15 minute player and shouldn't have plays called for him so often.
    Wayns needs to other than the obvious of pushing the ball up the floor and play defense...limit himself to only catch and shoot shots until he at least gets a cup of coffee in the league.
    JRich mostly is in the correct role...but probably should not start or play 30 minutes.

Collectively, these guys have way more playmaking opps than ET and they are all forcing bad shots. Collins has a hard on for bad shot attempts.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-07-2012 at 01:03 PM.

vCash

Thoughts on FG%, shot selection, and why ET and the 2011-12 Sixers were inefficient

^ this

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Yes I have noticed.
    Jrues gonna have to take more control.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Yes I have noticed.
    Jrues gonna have to take more control.
    He has the ball in his hands and tries to make plays plenty. There is this other guy named ET, who Collins should occasionally alter his offense for....particularly against backups. The shot clock needs to start off with ET playmaking more often....not end with him hoisting a shot outside his comfort zone.

The problem isn't that Jrue isn't playmaking enough. The problem is that everyone else on the team is getting as many if not more opportunities to make plays than ET. Square peg meet round hole.

vCash
    No I mean vocally. He's the qb right? Gonna have grab a guy by the "face mask". Nahmean!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    No I mean vocally. He's the qb right? Gonna have grab a guy by the "face mask". Nahmean!?
    And how likely is that to succeed if the coach is telling the teammates the opposite? Somebody has to be the bad cop. Collins refuses to do it. I think it's as much self serving as it is about basketball reasons.

vCash
    If jrue takes a stronger leadership role and start Kobe-ing guys I donot see Collins interfering. He's already said jrues call trumps his. However you kinda need Bynum. Because if he falls in line so will everyone else.

vCash
    The Jrue's call trumps his thing is fine and dandy. But the bigger problem is when Jrue is not on the floor. Is Jrue going to start calling plays from the sidelines instead of Doug?

And when Jrue and ET are on the floor together, it wouldn't kill the coach to call a play or two for ET that is not an off the ball or high post play.

Sometimes, a little 1 on 1 offense isn't the end of the world. Just get ET in a matchup he can exploit and get out of his way and let him create. That's more effective than JWright running the high screen, or NYoung having every play called for him while he shoots 4-12, or Wayns playing like he's Lou Williams part two or JJBarea. Wayns might end up being one of those guys or better (unlikely but possible). But he isn't there yet. Why does he get to play carefree when ET doesn't? And why can't ET God forbid get a corner 3 every once in awhile? That shouldn't have been scrapped so early in his career.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-07-2012 at 01:34 PM.

vCash
    ET gets those chances and he's been looking bad doing it. Last game he had those ops.

vCash
    At the start of the shot clock?...with everyone else playing off of him and getting out of his way?...against smaller guards? I don't think so. I do think he looks a half step slower at the start of this season as compared to last one. I don't know if it's injury or conditioning or both. But that's not the only reason for his poor production. He's not a true point, and I should almost never see him curling around a screen or playing the two man game. He is a 1 on 1 creator. That's his only real strength in the half court offense. He needs time on the shot clock and a clear path to make it work. The rest of the time, he needs to learn how to shoot the corner 3, or we have a real problem.

ps...trying to score in Tyson Chandler's grille or take it to the cup on the slow break when there is plenty of people traffic are things he does need to learn not to do. But if he doesn't shoot it then, when? He'd average 3 shot attempts per game with 2 of them being jumpers the way this offense is run, if he didn't force the issue once in a while.
    Last edited by wannabGM; 11-07-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast