Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vent Thread

vCash
    who do you want as power forward if humps is gone?

vCash
    Dude I could name so many options. Humps is nothing spectacular. I loved his hustle the past two seasons but before this season I was suspicious as to whether he was a losing team passion player. That is a player who plays well and makes spectacular highlights without having the pressure of being on a winning team. I still love his blocks, he destroyed Lamarcus Aldridge a couple of games, prevented a Blake Griffin alley-oop, but really, is Hump the starter of a playoff team? I think not.

vCash
    hump was the best power forward we could get in offseason so we have him for 2 years and then decide who is available

vCash
    I understand that this is a vent thread, but cooler heads prevail as the season goes on and the Nets defense has looked really really good the last couple of games. Give it time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    I understand that this is a vent thread, but cooler heads prevail as the season goes on and the Nets defense has looked really really good the last couple of games. Give it time.
    Dude of course the D looked good we were playing the Magic without Jameer Nelson. Lets see how we look tuesday against the Cavs.

vCash
    I just cant understand how Lopez finished last game with only 3 boards... Yeah Hump was awesome with 20+ but HOW???

Good win BTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N. View Post
    I just cant understand how Lopez finished last game with only 3 boards... Yeah Hump was awesome with 20+ but HOW???

Good win BTW
    Lopez doesn't jump much. And he is not strong when it comes to post positioning. But it's also the system, you'll see defensively that Lopez is not very much around the basket when that ball hits the rim.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N. View Post

Good win BTW
    It really doesn't matter if Lopez only gets three boards if Hump is grabbing 20+. To be honest I always thought defensive rebounds were an overrated stat. Someone should be grabbing every defensive rebound, just because Hump is more aggressive and grabs the defensive rebounds under the basket that were going to be rebounded by a Net no matter what. If Hump didn't jump in and get every defensive rebound a few more would fall to Brook.

vCash
    who are we going to get at power forward? i dont see us getting josh smith or millsap,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydee2327 View Post
    who are we going to get at power forward? i dont see us getting josh smith or millsap,
    Some smaller name player myabe.

Nene or Okafor may became avaible if the wizard keep losing.

Can't think of anybody else right now

vCash
    Wait til the offseason to get a really good PF with all our picks + Hump expiring. Don't just get a meh one with lame contract just because.
    Dolphins Mock Draft:
    1: Zach Martin
    2: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    3: Shayne Skov
    4: Seantrel Henderson/Dakota Dozier
    5: Tre Boston
    6: Marion Grice
    7: Beau Allen

vCash
    nene is injured all the time, is okafor that much of an upgrade?

vCash

thank you, thank you, thank you

This philosophy should apply to any future moves roster wise. The Nets are a decent plus team right now and any moves should be a noticeable upgrade...not trade out one player with flaws to get another with different flaws. A top level team needs at least 2 HOF caliber players on it to win it all. We have one marginal player at that level now. Let's shoot for getting better...not just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    Wait til the offseason to get a really good PF with all our picks + Hump expiring. Don't just get a meh one with lame contract just because.
    Last edited by 1_FrozenNetsFan; 11-18-2012 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    Doubt this ever happens, and the Nets have to grow as a team with the current group, but with Marcin Gortat potentially leaving Phoenix, can King pull off one more miracle? Very good defender in the post and would be able to thrive in the pick and roll with Deron Williams, which is something he apparently wants. Nets could maybe take Dudley's contract off their hands too.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash

Interesting

Being a Suns fan second only to the Nets I think getting Marcin would be a bonus for the Nets depending on who/what would have to be given up. I'm not following the Suns as closely as normal due to home front duties so I'm not aware of any thinking the Suns moving him. Did I miss a memo somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    Doubt this ever happens, and the Nets have to grow as a team with the current group, but with Marcin Gortat potentially leaving Phoenix, can King pull off one more miracle? Very good defender in the post and would be able to thrive in the pick and roll with Deron Williams, which is something he apparently wants. Nets could maybe take Dudley's contract off their hands too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast