Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Well the debt they owe to SNY is also an assett - and an extremely valuable one at that. SNY has appreciated significantly since it first started.

But my head starts to spin when I try to analyze the Wilpons and whatever people think they know about their finances.

Just put a winner on the field damnit.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    I'm past blaming the Wilpons, I know that they won't change their minds or do anything about this.

I'll blame the league and ****ing Selig for allowing them to go over the debt ceiling without removal...multiple times.

I don't know who to blame and be pissed off at after taht
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    I blame Tebow

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Well the debt they owe to SNY is also an assett - and an extremely valuable one at that. SNY has appreciated significantly since it first started.

But my head starts to spin when I try to analyze the Wilpons and whatever people think they know about their finances.

Just put a winner on the field damnit.
    That's true, they did borrow only 450 million against SNY (which according to reports is worth well over a billion dollars) and appreciates in value every year like you mentioned.

But they only own 65% of SNY.

Like i said, far be it from me to try and understand the Wilpon's finances independent of the Mets.

I just find it very hard to believe they aren't going to have to find another partnership/partnerships to continue running this team or at the very least continue to borrow against those Met related assets and be even more scrupulous with their money.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-06-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12