Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cashman will sign Andres Torres just like when he signed Randy Winn He loves SF Giant castoffs.

Edit: Eli Whiteside picked up today. Case closed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    And we need a RFer. Given that we currently have a LFer and a CFer, I'd assume anyone we sign is being put in RF. Heck, does Angel even have the arm for right?
    Well yankees said they want to put gardner into CF, and granderson into a corner position, so can't put granderson into RF? and Pagan or someone else in left?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Well yankees said they want to put gardner into CF, and granderson into a corner position, so can't put granderson into RF? and Pagan or someone else in left?
    Granderson has no arm wouldn't be a good idea putting him in RF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Granderson has played exactly 0 MLB games in right. You comfortable he can do it?

vCash
    Best bet for RF from the free agent market is Ichiro or Hunter all the rest wouldn't make sense

vCash
    The answer is, of course, no.

As for the options listed. Every single one is a downgrade from Swisher. We need to face facts, despite his post season performances, Swisher is a VERY good OFer. He's the 2nd best OFer on the market. (Hamilton) So maybe we can save some money, but we probably make the team worse.

If Swisher is unreasonable, I like Bourn and Ross. I think Bourn will also be vastly overpaid. So maybe Cody Ross is a ok stop gap.

Delmon Young is not the type of guy any team should want.
    I have this feeling that Bourne is going to get overpaid too and turns into Carl Crawford 2.0. Also, I agree that Swish is better than anyone listed, also, believe it or not, the best OFer available via trade, Justin Upton, Swish is better than him too.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootamis91 View Post
    Best bet for RF from the free agent market is Ichiro or Hunter all the rest wouldn't make sense
    Hunter is old and wants multiple years. And he's played the game in a manner where his body simply has to be hurting big time. I love the guy, but we needed him 6 years ago. Not now.

Ichiro is NOT a starting RFer for NY. 2 hot months do not erase 2 seasons of mediocrity. Given his age, I'm far more comfortable believing the poor performance part of the last 2 seasons. As a backup, hell yeah. But there is no way a team of this caliber can trust him starting.

vCash
    Granderson has played exactly 0 MLB games in right. You comfortable he can do it?
    Worth a chance, only for a year.. I'd prefer him in right over left. He take's bad routes to balls and his speed in right field he can make up for his mistakes better.

vCash
    Hunter is old and wants multiple years. And he's played the game in a manner where his body simply has to be hurting big time. I love the guy, but we needed him 6 years ago. Not now.

Ichiro is NOT a starting RFer for NY. 2 hot months do not erase 2 seasons of mediocrity. Given his age, I'm far more comfortable believing the poor performance part of the last 2 seasons. As a backup, hell yeah. But there is no way a team of this caliber can trust him starting.
    well i don't think we have to worry about them being everyday players. Besides Texeria & Cano everyone in the Yankees lineup was being platooned with the bench players. If Hunter is signed i wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Sizemore signed being platooned with him in RF

vCash
    well i don't think we have to worry about them being everyday players. Besides Texeria & Cano everyone in the Yankees lineup was being platooned with the bench players. If Hunter is signed i wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Sizemore signed being platooned with him in RF
    Hunter isn't going to be cheap. Guys like that aren't platoon players. The last thing this team needs is more broken down, old players. So a dude on reconstructed knees and a 38? year old whose beat the hell out of his body are bad options. As is a 38 year old whose reliant on speed (Ichiro.) And I'm also not into a 31 year old, drug addled ball player, who is already breaking down and wants a contract that carries him until he's 38.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I have this feeling that Bourne is going to get overpaid too and turns into Carl Crawford 2.0. Also, I agree that Swish is better than anyone listed, also, believe it or not, the best OFer available via trade, Justin Upton, Swish is better than him too.
    How so?

Over the last 4 years (Swisher's time with the Yankees)

Swisher - .268/.367/.483/.850 124 OPS+

Upton - .286/.362/.485/.846 122 OPS+

They've been very similar over that 4 year span. Difference being Upton did it when he was 21-24, while Swisher did it in his prime.

As for the OF situation, honestly I'm torn about what they should do. I think the best move would be to trade for Upton, but the chances of that are very small.

If Swisher doesn't sign for too much I wouldn't hate re-upping with him. Swisher is a better option than any of these other FAs to help us get to the postseason. Just really hard to look past the fact that he disappears in the postseason. Its not like its a really small sample anymore.

I also don't think people should be looking past what its gonna take to actually get to the playoffs again though. This lineup has some pretty big problems. Two of our supposed to be biggest bats in A-Rod and Tex are in serious decline, our SS is coming off a serious injury at 39, our (most likely) catcher will hit for one month and disappear for the other 5, apparently our CF can't see. I don't know where I'm going with this but just wanted to say not to throw what someone can do during the regular season out the window.

vCash
    At some point the team has to get people young enough to play every day.

vCash
    As I've stated before.....I think something completely unexpected will happen this year, and it will come on the trade front. And NO I don't think A-Rod is going anywhere....although shedding the rest of that contract would be great.

Do I think it is going to be a blockbuster trade? No, not necessarily. But I do believe it will be something none of us saw coming. If there is one thing I have learned about the Yankees, they are never short of surprises lol
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    55-52

G: 95 | AVG: .277 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .331 | SLG: .326 | wOBA: .298 | wRC: 84

vCash

new blood in outfield

How about trade Granderson, Hughes, and Chamberlain for Andrew McCutcheon. Then sign Anibal Sanchez to replace Hughes.

vCash
    The answer is, of course, no.

As for the options listed. Every single one is a downgrade from Swisher. We need to face facts, despite his post season performances, Swisher is a VERY good OFer. He's the 2nd best OFer on the market. (Hamilton) So maybe we can save some money, but we probably make the team worse.

If Swisher is unreasonable, I like Bourn and Ross. I think Bourn will also be vastly overpaid. So maybe Cody Ross is a ok stop gap.

Delmon Young is not the type of guy any team should want.
    apprently bourns demands are just as unreasonable if those rumors prove true
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast