Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonross View Post
    You guys act like the players I mentioned are all first ballot Hall of Famers. They are young players with lots of potential who have had a couple of good years. Their teams by the way haven't won anything. Huhges will win 15 plus games for the next 7-8 years in the National League and if you just look at stats Granderson is not that far off from the other players. Granderson has hit 84 hrs. last 2 years, that has to have value. I believe you guys are selling him short because of this years postseason.
    No, because they are only under team control for 1 more year.

No one is going to trade a young star player under team control, for two one year players with fillers.

vCash
    You guys act like the players I mentioned are all first ballot Hall of Famers. They are young players with lots of potential who have had a couple of good years. Their teams by the way haven't won anything. Huhges will win 15 plus games for the next 7-8 years in the National League and if you just look at stats Granderson is not that far off from the other players. Granderson has hit 84 hrs. last 2 years, that has to have value. I believe you guys are selling him short because of this years postseason.
    Potential? They are proven star players under control for years. Like RCS said, both Granderson and Hughes are on one year deals right now. After this upcoming season they could possible walk from any team we send them too. No team is going give up much for a one year rental.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Jason Heyward 3 yr car .261 avg. 59 Hr. Andrew McCutchen 4 yr. car. .290 avg 82 Hr. Gio Staton 3 yr. career .270 avg. 93 Hr. Carlos Gonzalez 5 yr. Car. .299 99 Hr.
    These stats say they are good players, that are young and have the ability to be great. Hughes and Granderson are goo players that have helped lead the Yankees to the postseason. Also why do you guys think the teams trading for Hughes and Granderson wouldn't be able to resign them. If they are that worthless they surely wouldn't get big money offers as free agents.

vCash
    you wouldnt trade mccuttchen to the pirates for hughes and granderson

vCash
    Jason Heyward 3 yr car .261 avg. 59 Hr. Andrew McCutchen 4 yr. car. .290 avg 82 Hr. Gio Staton 3 yr. career .270 avg. 93 Hr. Carlos Gonzalez 5 yr. Car. .299 99 Hr.
    These stats say they are good players, that are young and have the ability to be great. Hughes and Granderson are goo players that have helped lead the Yankees to the postseason. Also why do you guys think the teams trading for Hughes and Granderson wouldn't be able to resign them. If they are that worthless they surely wouldn't get big money offers as free agents.
    Well why do you want to get rid of Granderson and Hughes then for guys that you consider downgrades from them in your mind.

vCash
    I wouldn't compare any of those guys I listed to Derek Jeter. Those guys I listed may be the face of their franchise, but with the exception of maybe Kemp their teams will not be playing in a World Series. I think both Granderson and definitely Hughes would play better without the pressure of playing in New York. I definitely think the Yankees need to get younger in the outfield, and should look into trade discussions for McCutchen, Staton, or Heyward. If we need to add players to Granderson, Hughes, and Chambelain, I would do it. Granderson and Hughes while good players will never be good in the postseason, at least while playing in New York.
    Lol sometimes i just gotta laugh at people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    No he's right. There's not one guy you listed that this team is getting without a hell of a lot more than you're offering up. What motivation to teams have to trade their young superstar, for one season of a mid rotation pitcher, a CFer with one year left on his contract, (Whose expensive BTW), and a middle reliever? Any GM trading those guys for what you have NY offering should be fired....

.... out of a cannon.....

..... into the sun.

vCash
    A lot of guys can't handle pressure of playing in New York. R. Johnson, Burnett, Pavano, K. Brown, K. Rogers, J. Vasquez, C. Knoblauch, A-Rod, and Tex all had better years before New York or after leaving New York. Granderson and especially Hughes would benefit from a trade. Chamberlain also could be a closer for another team. McCutchen may not be attainable, but I really think Heyward and Staton would be possible.

vCash
    A lot of guys can't handle pressure of playing in New York. R. Johnson, Burnett, Pavano, K. Brown, K. Rogers, J. Vasquez, C. Knoblauch, A-Rod, and Tex all had better years before New York or after leaving New York. Granderson and especially Hughes would benefit from a trade. Chamberlain also could be a closer for another team. McCutchen may not be attainable, but I really think Heyward and Staton would be possible.
    Stanton is even harder to get, he's younger and cheaper than McCutchen, same goes for Heyward. Teams need those guys to sell to their fans. We're not getting any of them, end of story!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Stanton is even harder to get, he's younger and cheaper than McCutchen, same goes for Heyward. Teams need those guys to sell to their fans. We're not getting any of them, end of story!!!
    Even if guys like that were attainable I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have the necessary resources to get one of those guys, especially a stud like Stanton.

vCash
    Why doesn't anyone understand we aren't doing anything of note until 2015?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

vCash
    Give me an outfield of Ichiro, Gardner and Hamilton.
    let Swisher walk and trade Granderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    Give me an outfield of Ichiro, Gardner and Hamilton.
    let Swisher walk and trade Granderson
    NOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOO HAMILTON!!!!

vCash
    Can't trade Granderson don't you know that. Everybody on the Yankees suck. They win 90 plus games with a bunch of players nobody wants.

vCash
    Can't trade Granderson don't you know that. Everybody on the Yankees suck. They win 90 plus games with a bunch of players nobody wants.
    Of course you can trade him, but you need to properly value what hes worth in a trade vs. the other guys you're mentioning.

1. All those guys are younger than Granderson.
    2. All those guys make less money than Granderson.
    3. All those guys are under team control longer than Granderson.

Why do you want Stanton, Heyward, and McCutchen more than Granderson? Becuase they're young, cheap, and under team control? Well those are the same reasons that the Marlins, Pirates, and As will want a heck of a lot more than Granderson in return.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast