Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonross View Post
    How about trade Granderson, Hughes, and Chamberlain for Andrew McCutcheon. Then sign Anibal Sanchez to replace Hughes.
    and why do the pirates want to do that? hes their franchise player

vCash
    How about trade Granderson, Hughes, and Chamberlain for Andrew McCutcheon. Then sign Anibal Sanchez to replace Hughes.
    you hear that sound? thats the sound of the pirates hanging up the phone laughing at us
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    That's like asking the Yankees after the 2000 World Series to trade them Jeter.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    How so?

Over the last 4 years (Swisher's time with the Yankees)

Swisher - .268/.367/.483/.850 124 OPS+

Upton - .286/.362/.485/.846 122 OPS+

They've been very similar over that 4 year span. Difference being Upton did it when he was 21-24, while Swisher did it in his prime.

As for the OF situation, honestly I'm torn about what they should do. I think the best move would be to trade for Upton, but the chances of that are very small.

If Swisher doesn't sign for too much I wouldn't hate re-upping with him. Swisher is a better option than any of these other FAs to help us get to the postseason. Just really hard to look past the fact that he disappears in the postseason. Its not like its a really small sample anymore.

I also don't think people should be looking past what its gonna take to actually get to the playoffs again though. This lineup has some pretty big problems. Two of our supposed to be biggest bats in A-Rod and Tex are in serious decline, our SS is coming off a serious injury at 39, our (most likely) catcher will hit for one month and disappear for the other 5, apparently our CF can't see. I don't know where I'm going with this but just wanted to say not to throw what someone can do during the regular season out the window.
    Same player, never puts it together. He has the tools to be a 5-Star player, but never puts it together. Plus, when his contract ends, he'll be seeking a mega-deal.

vCash
    I would avoid both of the Uptons. Both are underachievers.

I would also stay away from Cody Ross, who was a product of Fenway. He had a significant home/away split, hitting just .232 away from Boston. Also struck out 27% of the time, which would have ranked him #2 in K% to Granderson on the Yankees.

Bourne is going to be very pricy and if they want a slappy, speedy guy in the OF to go with Gardner, Ichiro and Juan Pierre and older and cheaper but still productive options.

vCash
    First, welcome.

Second, no chance the Pirates would even consider that.

vCash
    Chris Dickerson puts up better numbers than pagan.

Chris Dickerson puts up league average numbers for $350k.

Chris Dickerson needs to play so we can make funny nicknames.

Although a drugged up Josh would be hilariously fun.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    I was hyped about Torri Hunter, but then I read an article today that quoted him as saying "I'll play where David Ortiz plays" because they are pals. So I think he winds up in Boston unless someone overpays.

No to Swisher. Tired of that goofy ****.

Maybe Pagan on a 2 year deal.

Bourn is gonna want 4-6 years and too much money.

I liked Choo...then I looked up some stats and realized he's only played over 150 games twice in his career and hasn't been overly durable. Plus take into account his batting average, OBP, and SLG% have all dropped in the last 2-3 seasons. Though he is a very good doubles hitter (43 in 2012) and has swiped over 20 bags three times in his career. Indians would ask for an arm and a leg.

Cody Ross' numbers outside Fenway left something to be desired.

Maybe resign Ichiro to platoon him with someone else? The downside to this though is that we would lose Swishers power numbers.

Not as awesome an outfield free agent class as all the agents would want one to think.

We remember...

vCash
    Melky! Bring back the juice!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash

new blood in the outfield

Does Phil Hughes 18 wins in 2010 and 16 wins in 2012 at only 26 years old and Granderson 84 Hrs the last two years not have any trade value. I think a lot of National League teams would love to have Hughes. If no McCutcheon how about possibly Gio Stanton, Matt Kemp, Jason Heyward, or Carlos Gonzalez in a trade pacckage. I wouldn't spend big money on any outfield free agents. Nate McClouth and Grady Sizemore might be worth looking at.

vCash
    Does Phil Hughes 18 wins in 2010 and 16 wins in 2012 at only 26 years old and Granderson 84 Hrs the last two years not have any trade value. I think a lot of National League teams would love to have Hughes. If no McCutcheon how about possibly Gio Stanton, Matt Kemp, Jason Heyward, or Carlos Gonzalez in a trade pacckage. I wouldn't spend big money on any outfield free agents. Nate McClouth and Grady Sizemore might be worth looking at.
    You're way over valuing both Hughes and Granderson. Granderson is a free agent to be after this upcoming season and will probably be looking for top dollar so is value isn't threw the roof. Hughes was solid in those two years, but is inconsistent throughout the rest of his career. None of those guys you listed make sense since (hehe, that was fun) they are the faces of their franchise. Like I said, that's like some team asking the Yankees back in 2000 to trade them Derek Jeter, not going to happen.

vCash
    I wouldn't compare any of those guys I listed to Derek Jeter. Those guys I listed may be the face of their franchise, but with the exception of maybe Kemp their teams will not be playing in a World Series. I think both Granderson and definitely Hughes would play better without the pressure of playing in New York. I definitely think the Yankees need to get younger in the outfield, and should look into trade discussions for McCutchen, Staton, or Heyward. If we need to add players to Granderson, Hughes, and Chambelain, I would do it. Granderson and Hughes while good players will never be good in the postseason, at least while playing in New York.

vCash
    No he's right. There's not one guy you listed that this team is getting without a hell of a lot more than you're offering up. What motivation to teams have to trade their young superstar, for one season of a mid rotation pitcher, a CFer with one year left on his contract, (Whose expensive BTW), and a middle reliever? Any GM trading those guys for what you have NY offering should be fired....

.... out of a cannon.....

..... into the sun.

vCash
    I wouldn't compare any of those guys I listed to Derek Jeter. Those guys I listed may be the face of their franchise, but with the exception of maybe Kemp their teams will not be playing in a World Series. I think both Granderson and definitely Hughes would play better without the pressure of playing in New York. I definitely think the Yankees need to get younger in the outfield, and should look into trade discussions for McCutchen, Staton, or Heyward. If we need to add players to Granderson, Hughes, and Chambelain, I would do it. Granderson and Hughes while good players will never be good in the postseason, at least while playing in New York.
    So, none of those options work. MLB Front-Offices don't work like MLB The Show. There's no "Froce-Trade" button to hit. Those trade ideas you brought up are pointless. They won't go anywhere unless you add value, like prospects, which the Yankees don't have. We can't trade are "so-called" worthless players for some teams gems. That's not how it works.

vCash
    You guys act like the players I mentioned are all first ballot Hall of Famers. They are young players with lots of potential who have had a couple of good years. Their teams by the way haven't won anything. Huhges will win 15 plus games for the next 7-8 years in the National League and if you just look at stats Granderson is not that far off from the other players. Granderson has hit 84 hrs. last 2 years, that has to have value. I believe you guys are selling him short because of this years postseason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast