Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Avril will have to walk or take a significant pay cut. There will be a GM out there dumb enough to pay him 10M/season (Jets and Jags come to mind)

I really don't want to lose him but with all the "dead money" Mayhew will have on the books from KVB, Burelson and Best, we may not have a choice.

All those signing bonus contract restructures we have done with Stafford and Suh as well, we will have to pay against the cap

vCash
    Eagles will have a ton of money to spend and also play the wide 9. Maybe Avril can get over paid there.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Eagles will have a ton of money to spend and also play the wide 9. Maybe Avril can get over paid there.
    lol eagles are going to clean house and fire their entire coaching staff so I doubt they will be running the wide 9 after this year.

vCash
    Their DEs are under contract till 2016 and 2018. They need to invest any money they have in the oline.

vCash
    Avril should have taken the offer that MAyhew gave him. What was it? 3 years 34M?

Probably could have got another year for 41-42M.

Don't know. I have a feeling he'll start turning it up and finish with around 11 sacks again, but he's really not worth handicapping the team with that kind of salary. He's somewhat replaceable. Just sucks that both him and KVB will probably be gone. But hey, that's like 16M free.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Avril is seriously the most overrated play on this team.

Sure he's a solid player, but I would put most of his success on the fact that he's on a team with arguably the best group of DTs in the league to help him out and collapse the pocket for him.

Seriously, Fairley, Hill, and Williams are the #1 starters on over half the teams in the NFL, and Suh is Suh.
    yeah **** avril, bring in gholston!!! or the berlin, germany project! walterfootball.com has us taking gholston 3rd round, thatd be a huge steal also has us getting david amerson and chance warmack the guard from bama

vCash
    not a fan at all of avril, hes a little diva ***** money whore, he doesnt bring that "nasty" effect we need from a DE, and where was he in the saints games? what about GB x2? or chicago? he isnt worth **** if he cant come up in big games! gholston has some swag in his steps which avril lacks i hope this ***** is gone at the end of the year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Their DEs are under contract till 2016 and 2018. They need to invest any money they have in the oline.
    Reports are that Babin is getting released this offseason.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Avril should have taken the offer that MAyhew gave him. What was it? 3 years 34M?

Probably could have got another year for 41-42M.

Don't know. I have a feeling he'll start turning it up and finish with around 11 sacks again, but he's really not worth handicapping the team with that kind of salary. He's somewhat replaceable. Just sucks that both him and KVB will probably be gone. But hey, that's like 16M free.
    It was 3 years, 30M (20M guaranteed).

He knew he was a hoax; which is why he didnt take it because that would have been his ONLY significant pay day in the NFL.

There will be a GM that will give him a 5 year deal next season. I'm predicting JAX. They need a DE, and he is a hometown product which usually help with ticket sales (which they need desperately)

vCash
    Reports are that Babin is getting released this offseason.
    It would make sense. Dude is abysmal against the run and only good in the wide 9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    It was 3 years, 30M (20M guaranteed).

He knew he was a hoax; which is why he didnt take it because that would have been his ONLY significant pay day in the NFL.

There will be a GM that will give him a 5 year deal next season. I'm predicting JAX. They need a DE, and he is a hometown product which usually help with ticket sales (which they need desperately)
    I KNOW HE'S NOT WORTH IT... BUT, is there a rule that we can't franchise him again?

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I KNOW HE'S NOT WORTH IT... BUT, is there a rule that we can't franchise him again?
    You can franchise him again but the prices goes up considerably. Ill check for the wording.

vCash
    Isn't the 2nd time in a row like a 30% pay increase?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Ok so it's if you franchise the same player twice next year he makes 120% of what he did the previous year and if tagged a 3rd time it's 144% of the previous years value.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ned-for-reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    nope we can franchise him again...in fact the 3rd time we franchise him his pay goes up. I honestly don't even want to do that, unless he comes in and just starts dominating games I can't see him worth a franchise tag. I think holding out has put him behind this year, it usually effects you for the first few weeks of the season. If it were me I would have signed the damn thing come in day one and prove I was worth it and then some. With so many free agents next year he has to compete with them for money and when it comes to Houston, Levy, Delmas, or Avril...well Avrils is not even in that race.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123