Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Predict This Off-Season For The Mets

1. Do we resign Wright/Dickey; if so for how much?
    2. Which scrap heaps will we pick up off the FA market?
    3. If we don't resign Wright/Dickey, will they move one of them? If so, where will the Mets move Wright/Dickey to, and what will we get back for them?
    4. Who else might get traded? If so, where will they get moved, and what will we get back?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Lots of excuses and mewling noises, but little action and another epic fail from Frandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Lots of excuses and mewling noises, but little action and another epic fail from Frandy.
    You didn't answer the questions above friend
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    I'm hoping they trade Dickey, but knowing the Mets they will keep him and let him walk at the end of the season.

Wright will be re-signed. Murphy might get traded.

vCash
    Murky, sort of like the toilet water after Duda's IBS kicks in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm hoping they trade Dickey, but knowing the Mets they will keep him and let him walk at the end of the season. Wright will be re-signed. Murphy might get traded.
    And BINGO was his NAME-O.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Canon View Post
    1. Do we resign Wright/Dickey; if so for how much? Resign Wright: 6Y, 117MM, Trade Dickey to Texas for Martin Perez and Elvis Andrus
    2. Which scrap heaps will we pick up off the FA market? Russell Martin, Jose Lopez, and maybe someone like Joey Devine or Kevin Gregg
    3. If we don't resign Wright/Dickey, will they move one of them? If so, where will the Mets move Wright/Dickey to, and what will we get back for them? See above.
    4. Who else might get traded? If so, where will they get moved, and what will we get back?
    Daniel Murphy, can't answer part two because I'm not sure how other teams truly see him.

vCash
    1. Resign DW, Dickey goes. DW gets 6-7 years $130M ish.

2. I have no idea about this, I don't know enough laughable scrubs to make a judgement.

3. Dickey. No idea.

4. No idea again. I don't think they want to add anyone making any money. I could see some 'look we did something' trades, nothing that will make a difference. When it gets down to it, the Mets talk a lot and gradually back away from doing anything over time.

Their fear of activity is almost palpable.

vCash
    I'd be surprised if they trade Dickey or Wright.

Conservatively Dickey's starts each draw an extra 5,000 fans. That's lots of bang for the buck for a $5 million salary. Since these are walk up purchases, they'll probably hang onto him at least until the trading deadline.

Likewise, dealing Wright would demoralize lots of the people who still buy season tickets. Granted they might move him after everyone's renewed, but I'd guess they put on a show after next season of wanting to resign him. I think they'll start spending again in 2015 or so to get more attendance for the launch of the mall. If they can convince Wright of this he might resign. If he hits the open market odds are he'll go elsewhere.

Both are resigned for next year and I don't see the Mets making any moves of substance. If they deal Murphy it'll probably be after next year when he'll likely be due another arbitration raise. I think Davis is more likely to be dealt than any of their other better players. Why? Because he has value and apparently doesn't pass Fred's moral smell test. He's also due a raise.

Notice none of these predictions involve any moves calculated to improve the team. The Mets don't make moves to improve the team. Mostly they're interested in saving money and catering to Fred's asinine character judgments.

Not much will change.

vCash
    Mets don't sign Wright long term, they can kiss a good chunk of their fanbase (myself included) good bye

vCash
    1. Do we resign Wright/Dickey; if so for how much? Wright gets a 5yr 98-103million guaranteed offer with 3 option years(1 player,1 mutual 1 team) @18million per, Dickey gets offered 3yrs 8Million per with a team option for a fourth year

2. Which scrap heaps will we pick up off the FA market? Nobody but there will be a few rumors around Melky and Cody..

3. If we don't resign Wright/Dickey, will they move one of them? If so, where will the Mets move Wright/Dickey to, and what will we get back for them? Dickey would be the likely one to trade here IF they cannot resign him, prob will end up with prospects in return, Wright(if not offered the right thing and shown that the front office will build a contender will walk at the end of season and dip his toe in the free agent market, where he will get a substantial offer that the Mets will have NO intention of trying to match

4. Who else might get traded? If so, where will they get moved, and what will we get back? Murphy/Duda/Neise are the most likely trade bait this off season but I wouldn't rule out Ike Davis being dangled out there IF the package is right, say a respectable OF(Alejandro De Aza?) and a middle reliever/Long man Or even a catcher of Hundley's caliber

While I really didn't name names of who we might get back for the trade scenarios(mainly because it's just all pie in the sky talk) I would think they would have to be "on the cheap" at or near the monetary value of the players we lose, the fact is clear, we are NOT adding salary, even after the Bay/Santana contracts are done payroll will not got above 100Million, in fact I believe the F/O will even try to field 80Million in assets if they can get decent production from the young guns...The idea being that the fans will come if the games are exciting, regardless of the W/L record.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 11-06-2012 at 01:20 AM.

vCash
    Those two offers to Wright and Dickey would get rejected easily.

I know Sandy realizes that offense sells. If the Mets can get some offense especially power, more fans will come to the ballpark. Pitching doesn't attract the fairweather as much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets don't sign Wright long term, they can kiss a good chunk of their fanbase (myself included) good bye

In my case, forever.

vCash
    SA will stare out the window of his penthouse apartment until its time for spring training. At that time he'll say we're looking at all possibilities. We have some flexibility to trade or sign. An then we'll all think we're stuck in Groundhogs Day with Bill Murray. The year will repeat itself like 2011 and 2012!

Some days you wish Lucy would not offer up the football for us to try and kick so we can save our dignity.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Those two offers to Wright and Dickey would get rejected easily.

I know Sandy realizes that offense sells. If the Mets can get some offense especially power, more fans will come to the ballpark. Pitching doesn't attract the fairweather as much
    yeah that is why I think Wright will take a wait and see this year and Dickey will sadly be traded by the ASB if not shortly after, especially if he has another hot start.