Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Solis continues to push to have Canelo arrested.

By Daniel Hernandez, notifight.com

Former IBF junior flyweight champion Archie Solis is pushing for justice from the local authorities in Jalisco, Mexico. A year after filing a complaint for aggravated assault against 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, there has been little to no movement on the case.

The alleged confrontation took place on the 25th of October 2011 at Barranca de Oblates while Solis was doing his morning run. Solis suffered a badly broken jaw that required two surgeries, two plates and 20 screws to fix. Solis also lost three of his teeth during the beating.

Canelo has denied any involvement in the incident, and says it was one of his brother's who attacked Solis.

Under the criminal code of Jalisco, an individual who causes injuries to a person that require longer than 15 days to heal will face imprisonment of three months to two years, and up to eight years for having endangered the life of the victim.

However, Solis states that the authorities in Jalisco have yet to apprehend Canelo and so far no decision has been rendered by a judge.

"What can you do against an influential person, who knows the Governor of Jalisco, who knows the attorney [handling the case]. It's a chain of monopolies and influences. That's not going to stop me, it only motivates me to keep fighting and to show what kind of people they are and the people who support them," Solis said.

Solis returned to action this past weekend after being out of the ring for over a year due to the injuries.
    I believe Canelo.

vCash
    You believe Canelo based on what? because he's a ginger?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankster:24206161
    You believe Canelo based on what? because he's a ginger?
    If he says he didn't do it then he didn't do it.
    I mean I don't think he would throw his own brother under the bus like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls_world23 View Post
    If he says he didn't do it then he didn't do it.
    I mean I don't think he would throw his own brother under the bus like that?
    Because he can support his brother, maybe? Potentially put the blame on him and still with his power down in Mexico, ensure his brother not see a day of jail time? Also keeps Canelo's "sugarcoat" image intact as he's trying make the crossover into popularity in the States. I don't know, it's all rumors up to this point, but I cannot understand why Solis has been adamant that this has happened for over a year now. His persistence on this matter makes me think Canelo could definitely be the culprit in this all.

vCash
    If he did do this, I hope he serves time. The Mexican police are well known for their corruption, it's absolutely widespread down there, and Saul Alvarez has become the heir apparent to be the next Mexican great following the likes of Chavez, DLH, Barrera, Morales, and now, JMM.

Canelo has a nice record but most of those guys on his resume are club fighters at best. But he has a lot of hype and a strong following that's building in Mexico. Even if he did do this, he probably won't see a day of jail because of how corrupt and political things are down in Mexico.

vCash
    Come May 4th Canelo is going to prove he is the real deal.

vCash
    LOL he has A LOT to prove. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a talented young fighter. He throws some excellent combinations with power behind them, especially his 3rd and 4th punches in his combos (first 1 or 2 are usually guide punches to get his big shots in.)

But the guy has a really crappy resume for someone that has fought >40 fights. That last fight was just a disgrace to watch, I was more proud of how game Josesito Lopez was going up 2 weight classes to fight Richie Cuninngham.

Whose he fighting in May? I heard rumblings Oscar wanted to get him in with Cotto. Hard to tell what happens in that fight, Cotto looked the best he has since pre-Margarito 1 when he fought FLoyd, but also Floyd surprisingly took more risks/chances in that fight than he's had in the past 5 years.

He's a solid talent, but still VERY unproven. Hopefully they keep him away from Maravilla for at least another year or so, let Martinez get a bit older and go in for the cherrypicking.

vCash
    He will fight either Cotto or Sergio Martinez imo. How is it his fault he fought Joselito? Lopez beat Ortiz and in my eyes earned a fight against Canelo.

vCash
    Dude joesisto is a Junior Welterweight. Canelo is a BIG JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT. I mean huge. I have no idea how much he hydrated on fight night, he was looking like he was in the 170 lb range against the much more diminutive Lopez.

If his team is smart, they'll go after Cotto. He's a MUCH safer bet than going after Sergio, whose been a one man wrecking crew for over 5 years now aside from the 1 round of machismo he had with Chavez JR.

vCash
    It's true,canelo only fights guys too small who can't hurt him.

Seriously, canelo swining off on solis? Fcking coward.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    My man addix...I know a small guy that would give him a good fight in his prime--my dude Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor. Now that guy was a wrecking machine.

vCash
    Doesn't matter who he fights he can beat either of them. I'll repeat myself again Joselito beat Victor Ortiz therefore earned a match with Canelo. Canelo was scheduled to fight Paul Williams, then Petterson, and then Ortiz. Again how is that Canelos fault?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX:24206397
    It's true,canelo only fights guys too small who can't hurt him.

Seriously, canelo swining off on solis? Fcking coward.
    Did you read the quote is says "allegedly" let's not get ahead of ourselves.

vCash
    Yeah alleged, lmao...

They both training at the same place, get into an altercation, and solis gets messed up, and canelo blames his brother.

Canelo obviously did this. And it's a backdrop to a career filled with undersized opponents.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX:24206987
    Yeah alleged, lmao...

They both training at the same place, get into an altercation, and solis gets messed up, and canelo blames his brother.

Canelo obviously did this. And it's a backdrop to a career filled with undersized opponents.
    Lmao you should have taken pictures or recorded this since you were there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast