Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Marcus Allen: A Football Life

Next Wednesday 8:00 NFL channel.

I DVR all of these and enjoy the series. I was excited to see that Marcus Allen will be featured next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life

Enjoy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Next Wednesday 8:00 NFL channel.

I DVR all of these and enjoy the series. I was excited to see that Marcus Allen will be featured next week.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life

Enjoy!
    I watched the one on Barry Sanders this past Wednesday.....amazing,one of the most professional and humble players I've seen!

vCash
    Got the DVR set, I'll be in Oakland on vacation
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I still get upset when I think of all the wins Al left on the table by not utilizing Marcus as he should of.

The guy was the best tailback of the 1980's and IMHO is second all time behind Walter Payton.

vCash
    I remember Allens 100th touchdown as a Chief vs. Oakland, I would have loved to seen Davis`s face in the sky box. Davis became Oaklands worst enemy as he aged, Allen was a very big mistake ( sadly ).

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

vCash
    If anything, Al Davis was known for how much he loved his players. He always went above and beyond for them.

What exactly transpired between him and Marcus Allen?

We'll never know, because he took that one to his grave.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    We'll never know, because he took that one to his grave.
    Yep, and so far, Marcus ain't talkin'. But whatever it was, it was big.
    I remember Ice Cube asking Al about it in that 30 For 30 movie he did for ESPN. Al just flat out said, "I"m not telling you." But you can tell by the look that crosses his face when 'Cube askes, whatever it was, still brough up a LOT of emotion. It was kind of amazing to see, really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
    I watched the one on Barry Sanders this past Wednesday.....amazing,one of the most professional and humble players I've seen!
    That run he had in the playoffs against the Cowboys was amazing. Ashame someone of his caliber saw that as his first and only playoff win in his career

vCash
    Thanks for posting I almost forgot!!!

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    IMO I always hoped that Marcus Allen could have stayed longer and kept playing for the Raiders. I still remember how great he was running the ball.
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    That was certainly the beginning of dark times for the Raiders.

vCash
    I remember last year when I set up a banquet/party event for Marcus Allen; it was pretty awesome, though I had to be proffesional, I was sooo giddy see Marcus

The guy is pretty cool in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I remember Allens 100th touchdown as a Chief vs. Oakland, I would have loved to seen Davis`s face in the sky box. Davis became Oaklands worst enemy as he aged, Allen was a very big mistake ( sadly ).
    Watching Marcus shred us every time we played the Chiefs were some real low points in Raider history.

But it was great to see him light the flame a few weeks ago.
    A few minutes later, Lincoln Kennedy to Charles Woodson: “What are they reviewing? It was a fumble”.
    Greg Biekert to Kennedy and Woodson: “They’re going to overturn it because they’re taking too long and we’re the Raiders”.[
    SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I thought it was because Allen was banging OJ's wife on the side and Al thought very little of him as a person after that.

I don't know if it's the truth but I thought that was some of the scuttlebutt at the time that was all going down.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash

Marcus Allen: A Football Life

I agree Randy, Marcus was doing something off the field , he should of not been doing. I believe , Al believed that Marcus lacked integrity , and it had nothing to do with football.

Friends don't do that to friends. Just my take.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast