Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFa8thful View Post
    Hey guys, long time raider fan here.

Routt was OKAY in Oakland, and so was Asomugha, however I am a strong believer that neither were very good at the CB position. The only reason they had success in Oakland was from our bump and run man to man coverage that they ran 90% of the time. Both Routt and Asomugha are very physical corners, when you take that away from them (putting them in a mix of zone+man) you take away half of their ability. Routt is often flagged for PI or Defensive holding as he is trying to keep his physicality up but cannot hang when he is not in man. Although the lions CB's are nothing super special, your team will do better not adding his penalties to their problems with Suh. For that same reason you wont see him back in Oakland. We are ridding our team of useless penalties.
    Yeah, I remember the Detroit/Oakland game last year...I think Routt had 3-4 penalties while covering Calvin. That being said, Suh only has one penalty this year...an offsides call

vCash
    Yeah, we really don't have many unnecessary roughness or personal fouls or whatever they're called. Only one I can think of was Gosder vs. the Eagles, but Babin was punching/shoving Gosder's helmet first, so could have went either way. Oh and I guess the Samie Lee Hill hit on Vick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Yeah, I remember the Detroit/Oakland game last year...I think Routt had 3-4 penalties while covering Calvin. That being said, Suh only has one penalty this year...an offsides call
    My bad, didn't mean to come off saying Suh always gets penalties, it was more of a comment about his penalties always come at tough times. Same with Routt, he always would get a PI in the 4th qtr when we needed a stop, it was very frustrating.

That being said, I am a big fan of Suh. The kid is a prime example of how football should be played. Too many pre madonnas in this sport today compared to the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    rotoworld
    basing off of that i dont think it went well
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Yeah, we really don't have many unnecessary roughness or personal fouls or whatever they're called. Only one I can think of was Gosder vs. the Eagles, but Babin was punching/shoving Gosder's helmet first, so could have went either way. Oh and I guess the Samie Lee Hill hit on Vick
    I think it was one of the last two games, Fairley jumped on the pile and got a 15 yarder as well.

vCash
    I'm sure he is looking for more money than mayhew offered or more a multi year deal. I would like to sign him but not for the crazy money he was making. That would just piss houston off and jack up his asking price

vCash
    Here is the latest on Routt from ESPN Insider as of 2:30pm:

UPDATE: Arizona is also off the board for former Kansas City Chief cornerback Stanford Routt.

"The Cards might have looked into the possibility, but I have been told the Cardinals do not have interest in signing Routt," Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com reported.

Now that Miami and Arizona are reportedly out of the mix, Detroit shouldn't have much of a problem signing Routt. It isn't much of a secret the Lions desperately need cornerback help.

Well, looks like just a matter of time for him to sign with us. Barring some serious injury with a CB on Sunday from another team, my guess is he signs Monday.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-10-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Hope he signs, hopefully we hit the jackpot with him. But if not, we'll be just fine rolling with what we have now (no worse I mean)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Here is the latest on Routt from ESPN Insider as of 2:30pm:

UPDATE: Arizona is also off the board for former Kansas City Chief cornerback Stanford Routt.

"The Cards might have looked into the possibility, but I have been told the Cardinals do not have interest in signing Routt," Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com reported.

Now that Miami and Arizona are reportedly out of the mix, Detroit shouldn't have much of a problem signing Routt. It isn't much of a secret the Lions desperately need cornerback help.

Well, looks like just a matter of time for him to sign with us. Barring some serious injury with a CB on Sunday from another team, my guess is he signs Monday.
    I think its funny that so many people think we have a bad secondary. You consistenly hear about our "bad secondary" around the league. We are 8th in the league in passing yards allowed. Not to mention, its been a revolving door throughout the year mostly w out our best player (delmas). it certainly is not attributed to our pass rush which is middle of the pack in the league w sacks and non existent pass rush sometimes.

I guess THE REAL SECRET is our pass defense is currently legit half way through the season.

All that being said, I am still in favor of signing this guy for the league minimum or close to it. Low risk, high reward like blujay said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonjw18 View Post
    I think its funny that so many people think we have a bad secondary. You consistenly hear about our "bad secondary" around the league. We are 8th in the league in passing yards allowed. Not to mention, its been a revolving door throughout the year mostly w out our best player (delmas). it certainly is not attributed to our pass rush which is middle of the pack in the league w sacks and non existent pass rush sometimes.

I guess THE REAL SECRET is our pass defense is currently legit half way through the season.

All that being said, I am still in favor of signing this guy for the league minimum or close to it. Low risk, high reward like blujay said.
    We have yet to see a great QB though. Look who we've faced: Bradford, Smith, Locker, Ponder, Vick, Cutler and Wilson.

And teams still have a 91.0 rating against us, that's near the bottom of the league (21st). And we're also giving up a 65.09% which ranks near the bottom at 26th in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat stats from that site.

vCash

Yeah, it's hilarious actually. It's lazy reporting/analysis and you even see it by the likes of people like Peter King and Pete Prisco. The Lions have the "worst secondary in the NFL", not teams like the Redskins or Titans who have given up almost twice as many passing TDs, more than twice as many 20+ passing plays, and tons more yards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We have yet to see a great QB though. Look who we've faced: Bradford, Smith, Locker, Ponder, Vick, Cutler and Wilson.

And teams still have a 91.0 rating against us, that's near the bottom of the league (21st). And we're also giving up a 65.09% which ranks near the bottom at 26th in the league.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat stats from that site.
    good stats to know blujay. however, my point still stands. there is nothing that justifies our secondary being weak. we dont give up the big play or a ton of yards. our only knock is we have yet to face a strong pass offense.

Perhaps the correct statement around the league would say "Detroit's secondary is playing really well, but they have yet to be tested by a strong quarterback."

one bad game will not change this, but the packers game will help get a strong feel if the secondary can hold up against solid competition through the air.

vCash
    good stats to know blujay. however, my point still stands. there is nothing that justifies our secondary being weak. we dont give up the big play or a ton of yards. our only knock is we have yet to face a strong pass offense.

Perhaps the correct statement around the league would say "Detroit's secondary is playing really well, but they have yet to be tested by a strong quarterback."

one bad game will not change this, but the packers game will help get a strong feel if the secondary can hold up against solid competition through the air.
    GB game will tell us a lot. But our secondary definitely isn't as bad as others make it out to be. With Delmas and Spievey both 100% and with Florence back, it's quite a bit better. But so far this year they're around the middle of the road imo. Could definitely be better, especially limiting completions

vCash
    Any news on delmas guys?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLions8190 View Post
    Any news on delmas guys?
    ruled out for the game, along with spievey.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast