Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stanford Routt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    We've all been there. I'm just saying, some people are like YEAH WHY NOT GIVE HIM A SHOT HE HAD A GOOD 40.

But he'd probably be the guy 3 Sundays from then they'd be going OMFG CUT HIS ARSE WHAT A BUM. Lol ya know?
    I agree with that. But even so, if it means he's playing over a guy like Alphonso Smith or Jacob Lacey, I don't really care as neither one of them are all that great. Routt's basically low-risk, high-reward type of guy right now. Even if he doesn't fit in, you still have 4 guys ahead of him in Houston, Green, Florence and Lacey or Smith. If he plays better than expected, then you get your fast CB with size that this team needs.

Honestly wouldn't mind picking him up at this point, since nothing bad can really happen. Worse case he gets burned horribly and cut, we go back to what we had before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I agree with that. But even so, if it means he's playing over a guy like Alphonso Smith or Jacob Lacey, I don't really care as neither one of them are all that great. Routt's basically low-risk, high-reward type of guy right now. Even if he doesn't fit in, you still have 4 guys ahead of him in Houston, Green, Florence and Lacey or Smith. If he plays better than expected, then you get your fast CB with size that this team needs.

Honestly wouldn't mind picking him up at this point, since nothing bad can really happen. Worse case he gets burned horribly and cut, we go back to what we had before.
    Not to get in a huge debate where I have to spend an hour explaining my stance but I personally feel signing street free agents is a bad locker room move and is something that should be avoided (during the season). Chances are he's not that much better than those guys if he even is. Probably looking for too much cash.

vCash
    Not to get in a huge debate where I have to spend an hour explaining my stance but I personally feel signing street free agents is a bad locker room move and is something that should be avoided (during the season). Chances are he's not that much better than those guys if he even is. Probably looking for too much cash.
    yeah no need to debate it. I don't think it happens because Mayhew tends to offer these guys vet minimum, whatever that is and usually they're almost always seeking more. Plus getting Florence back in another week decreases the odds even more. Just Mayhew keeping his dues, would be bad if he wasn't.

And I get that. Guy has to come in and learn a whole new playbook, but the time he gets fully up to speed the season is already over.

vCash
    Forgot you had Florence. I'm a fan of that one. I think he's a lot better than he's ever been given credit for.

Know a guy that works for an NFL team said a couple years back that he was the most underrated D player out east (he's from out east).

vCash
    Forgot you had Florence. I'm a fan of that one. I think he's a lot better than he's ever been given credit for.

Know a guy that works for an NFL team said a couple years back that he was the most underrated D player out east (he's from out east).
    Well he sure played very well the first two games (well game and a half) before Houston came back. He'll give a nice boost to the secondary, but Jonte Green has been a real surprise as of late. Playing some very good football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Routt ran a 4.27 40? Having never really focuses on him during a game, does his speed actually translate to the field?
    Raiders always lose. So no, their players speeds never translate to the field.

vCash
    The problem with Routt is he struggles to cover #1 wide receivers, he had a good year with nnamdi, when he left he sucked, he signed with kc and kc thought he could shutdown the big guys like Carr, which the idea started up in flames. if you expect him to be signed to cover the best of the best well he"ll look like the same piece of **** he was in kc and oakland last year, he has potential as a #2 corner, he can repeat what he did when he opposed nnamadi, but he still needs alot of time in the number 2 role. I say give him a shot, i'm sick of seeing Lacey, Bentley, Green and Smith with their head looking at the receiver while the receiver makes the catch

vCash
    Let's all not forget that Routt was playing on a team that was extremely bad (Chiefs) at 1-7. The Chiefs also have no defensive coordinator. Romeo Crennel, the head coach for some reason thought he could pull off "double duty" when he is barely qualified to handle just the head coaching responsibilities.

The Raiders were also a wreck with a new head coach and a new defensive scheme being burned in every 2-3 seasons.

Routt has never played on a stable team in a defense where half the unit wasn't learning a new scheme. Not that detroit is the most "stable" team in the NFL but our coaches and core group of guys have been together a long time.

I think he could actually be a benefit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Let's all not forget that Routt was playing on a team that was extremely bad (Chiefs) at 1-7. The Chiefs also have no defensive coordinator. Romeo Crennel, the head coach for some reason thought he could pull off "double duty" when he is barely qualified to handle just the head coaching responsibilities.

The Raiders were also a wreck with a new head coach and a new defensive scheme being burned in every 2-3 seasons.

Routt has never played on a stable team in a defense where half the unit wasn't learning a new scheme. Not that detroit is the most "stable" team in the NFL but our coaches and core group of guys have been together a long time.

I think he could actually be a benefit.
    Forgot we just signed Don Carey as well. If we swap Carey for Routt, that's definitely not going to hurt us any.

vCash
    Veteran CB Stanford Routt, who was waived earlier this week by the Kansas City Chiefs, is scheduled to visit the Detroit Lions on Friday, an NFL source confirmed.
    http://www.thesidelineview.com/colum...ons-host-routt

vCash
    Miami has already turned him down so it comes down to the Lions and Cardinals, based on the rumored interested teams.

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Miami has already turned him down so it comes down to the Lions and Cardinals, based on the rumored interested teams.
    I don't see why we wouldn't add him. Worst case scenario a guy like Hilliard gets placed on IR (or alphonso Smith/Logan get cut) and Carey gets cut. Allowing both Florence and routt to come back. Giving Routt a half a year to learn the system and have training camp, we might be able to find another Chris Houston. One thing our secondary lacks is talent and you can't deny this guys talent. If he's our 5th/6th CB for the rest of the year there's really nothing wrong with that...

vCash
    Free agent CB Stanford Routt left his Lions visit Friday without a contract in place with the team.
    "You’ll know the news when there is news to be known," Routt said after the visit. "I’ve got several different things on my plate right now so we’ll just see how it goes." He's also gotten interest from the Dolphins and Cardinals.
    rotoworld

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    Hey guys, long time raider fan here.

Routt was OKAY in Oakland, and so was Asomugha, however I am a strong believer that neither were very good at the CB position. The only reason they had success in Oakland was from our bump and run man to man coverage that they ran 90% of the time. Both Routt and Asomugha are very physical corners, when you take that away from them (putting them in a mix of zone+man) you take away half of their ability. Routt is often flagged for PI or Defensive holding as he is trying to keep his physicality up but cannot hang when he is not in man. Although the lions CB's are nothing super special, your team will do better not adding his penalties to their problems with Suh. For that same reason you wont see him back in Oakland. We are ridding our team of useless penalties.
    Last edited by RaiderFa8thful; 11-09-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Adding 1 more point.

vCash
    Just thought i'd share this with those of you who haven't seen it.

http://sroutt26.com/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast