Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Could Kelly end up in Detroit?

With ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting that Chip Kelly, the current coach of the Oregon Ducks, is certainly going to be in a position to fend off NFL suitors once his team's season is over, it makes sense to take a look around the league to see what teams might be interested in his services.

Such a tour around the bottom of the NFL standings starts with Romeo Crennel's tenuous position in Kansas City and continues on to Carolina (Ron Rivera) and Jacksonville (Mike Mularkey) all of which might be willing to cut ties with their current leaders for 2013. However, with a lot of offensive weapons already in place, could the Detroit Lions be the ultimate winner of Kelly's services?

Jim Schwartz did lead his club to the post-season last year, but they lost their playoff contest and the Lions currently rank just 13th in total points scored despite leading the league in passing yards. Oregon is ranked first in the NCAA with 54.8 points per game, and in the end, that's the only statistic that truly counts.
    Imagine if we got Chip Kelly as a coach, I would be so happy and our offense would be so deadly.

vCash
    Offensive coordinator maybe but not head coach. Not ready to give up on Schwartz yet.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    **** no.

Don't **** with the Dirty D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Offensive coordinator maybe but not head coach. Not ready to give up on Schwartz yet.
    x2

vCash
    Would his gimmicky offense work in the NFL though?

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    The guy would never go from HC of a college team to a coordinator of a NFL team, unless they went through a firing. I'm just sick of our teams lack of discipline, lack of special teams, and terrible play calling (not so bad lately).

vCash
    No thanks guy couldn't win with Notre Dame to this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDetroitBlue View Post
    No thanks guy couldn't win with Notre Dame to this year
    what?

vCash
    I think he is talking about Brian Kelly of ND...and that is the one college coach I would really consider.

Did a nice job of making a program out of Grand Valley State

Made CMU a pretty good program

Turned Cincinatti around

Turned around a struggling ND team.

IMO the man has been successful at every coaching level. Usually brings in a pretty good defense and a solid offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    what?
    As an offensive coordinator sure nothing else though, loved this guy at Central Michigan but outside of this year his teams have all under performed. He went 8-5 last year when Notre Dame were favs to make it to a BCS bowl and 7-5 a year before. I am just not a big fan of Kelly plain and simple

vCash
    lol Chip Kelly never coached CMU or ND... That's Brian Kelly, who's a complete D bag btw, didn't he leave Cincinnati like the night before their bowl game?

Anyway Chip wouldn't accept anything less than a HC gig, I would be all for it if we finish like 5-11 and fall off the tracks. I doubt Mayhew would pull a move like this, seeing that Schwartz just got an extension in the off-season.

vCash
    Keep in mind that norv turner may be fired this year if SD doesn't make the playoffs. What do you guys think of him? Some guys are better coordinators than Head Coaches. (See wade Phillips).

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Doubt it'd ever happen. We're clearly riding out this season with our current coaches and the chain of a coaching carousel is always coordinators fired first, HC second so we have Schwartz for at least one more year, not so sure about our coordinators, though.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDetroitBlue View Post
    As an offensive coordinator sure nothing else though, loved this guy at Central Michigan but outside of this year his teams have all under performed. He went 8-5 last year when Notre Dame were favs to make it to a BCS bowl and 7-5 a year before. I am just not a big fan of Kelly plain and simple
    What the **** are you smoking? Chip Kelly is the man were talking about not Brian Kelly

vCash
    I don't think Schwartz goes from being the second coming last season, to the unemployment line this year - regardless of how pathetic this season has looked.

Of course, the road laid ahead of us the rest of this season with all these difficult teams could really expose us even further. Might be thinking differently in 3-4 weeks.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast