Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Stanford Routt

vCash

Stanford Routt

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/85...y-gibbs-new-dc

So since we Lost C.Woodson for however long and S.Shields has been out it might now be a bad option to try and pick up this guy. Prolly could get him for 3-4mil a year and then we would NEVER have to see J.Bush playing in the dime!

Our Pass D needs help and hes a good player, ive watched him play a few times when he was in a Raiders Uniform and this year once with the chiefs.

Heres some info:

6'2"/195lbs 29yrs old
    Ran a 4.27 at the Combine in 2005---Fastest that year
    36in Verticle

Speed and height to match C.Johnson (Megaton)

Thoughts?

vCash
    Let look at the rest of the info in that article shall we?

Routt was one of the Chiefs' notable free-agent acquisitions, signing a three-year, $18 million deal to fill in after Brandon Carr left for the Dallas Cowboys.

So he was may be expensive.

The longtime member of the Oakland Raiders has struggled mightily in Crennel's defensive scheme, though. He's been routinely beaten for long pass plays, including two weeks ago against his former team, and missed last week's game with what the Chiefs called a hamstring injury.

Likes to give up the big play and is somewhat injury prone.

"You have relationships," Crennel said. "You bring people in and you hope that things work the way you want them to work. The transition was taking a little longer than I thought it would take.

Slow on the uptake.

Javier Arenas started in Routt's place last week against San Diego, and Crennel said that's what he envisions going forward. Jalil Brown will also be in the mix. "He was trying, giving effort," Crennel said of Arenas, who has played primarily nickel back since the Chiefs drafted him. "He made tackles. He came up on run support, made tackles on run support. I think he represented himself pretty decently."

Doesn't do "tackling". Doesn't give 100%.

So to sum up... we have a hurt, older, expensive version of Sam Shields. TT get on the phone!

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    pass. Our dbs need snaps and are playing better
    Lacy 2013

Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    I think its starting to set in that he left Aaron Rodgers for Christian Ponder ...

vCash
    We're more than fine if you ask me. They aren't out forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Standford Routt..... No thank you!

Williams, House, Hayward, and Shields (when healthy) are more than capable of holding it down.

I hope he finds a place to play, but I hope the Packers pass on him.

vCash
    isnt he the guy al davis gacve that absrud contract too that cost them nhamdi?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals