Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lavonte David for DROY?

I know all of us love LOVE Lavonte David. I know some of us don't think he will win DROY(though I'm sure they'd be happy if he did).

So let's make the case for or against Lavonte David for DROY? If you wanna make the case for Barron go ahead but it's a harder road.

Through 9 games Buccaneers have the #1 Rushing defense in the NFL thanks in large part to Lavonte David. Tampa had the worst rush defense in the NFL in 2011. That is a huge dramatic turn around.

Lavonte David currently tied for 4th in the league in tackles with 81(2nd among rookies)
    Lavonte David currently 2nd in the league in solo tackles with 67(1st among rookies)
    Lavonte David currently 3rd in the NFL in TFLs with 12(1st among rookies)

Lavonte has been all over the field and I think his playmaking ability behind the line of scrimmage and his aggressiveness should make him the 2012 Defensive Rookie Of The Year.
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 11-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Seriously who would you put over him as far as making plays and an asset to the team. He should win but stranger things have happened

vCash
    I am a huge fan. Once Barber retires, Lavonte may be the front runner for my next jersey selection.

vCash
    Chandler Jones is up there as well, as Quik pointed out

Chandler has 34 tackles 18 solo 6.0 sacks 3 ff 2 pd

Bobby Wagner 81 tackles 47 solo 2.0 sacks

I also think Mark Barron needs to be involved in the conversation. Honestly I feel like Barron is better than David but what hes being asked to do doesnt necc. show up in the stat column. Is there a category for legal hits that rock opposing recievers cuz he would lead the league. One of the biggest hitters in the game today, great instincts when the ball is in the air as you saw against San Diego....the most complete and polished defensive rookie by far
    Last edited by bwallstreet; 11-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Well Luke Kuechly on the Panthers is a rookie and he has 87 tackles so technically he is 2nd among rookies in tackles. But he is only 1 tackle out of the overall lead for solo tackles.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2urung3.jpg

vCash
    Yea this will be a tough choice for ROY for both sides, o Martin and d David/barron. More so a d player gets it b4 an O player, both David and barron has to stay consistent and injury free because there only w few plays away from being ROY or not!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Jones will probably get it cause he's on the pats, sad but true

vCash
    A lot of people also like Harrison Smith, the safety up in Minnesota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    Seriously who would you put over him as far as making plays and an asset to the team. He should win but stranger things have happened
    Yeah like Belichek beating Raheem for COY. Chandler jones and the jersey he wears will win it
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebbucsfan View Post
    Well Luke Kuechly on the Panthers is a rookie and he has 87 tackles so technically he is 2nd among rookies in tackles. But he is only 1 tackle out of the overall lead for solo tackles.
    yeah my bad...6 more tackles but hes got 17 less solo and 23 more assists

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    from Pete Prisco:

-- If Bucs linebacker Lavonte David is not the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, it would be a mistake. David had another huge day against the Chargers with 16 tackles, three for loss. He is a star in the making.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Yeah like Belichek beating Raheem for COY. Chandler jones and the jersey he wears will win it
    If ESPN was giving out the award then yeah but thankfully this isn't the NBA and the other teams DO matter lol. I believe David has been the most consistent out of all the rookies.

vCash
    The dude has been a stud from day one, we really struck gold with that pick(not to say we didn't with mark & dougie). Incredible rare talent, I hate to compare him to Derrick this early, but if the shoe fits. FYI not saying he's Derrick, just saying he has the potential.

vCash
    It just hit me, are we on a similar route as before. Our 3 key players of that GREAT 2002 defense, Sapp, Brooks, Lynch. Now we have three studs and team leaders at each level GMC, David and Barron.

I think that is huge, having key playmakers at different levels that is how you dominate. Can anyone imagine this defense in 2 years. I mean seriously when Barron, David, Foster, GMC, AC get serious time to develop and turn in to experienced veterans. OMG with Free Doug, Mike, Vincent on the other side...What a bright future for our franchise.

Hopefully whatever Mark did this past draft he continues to do. Another draft or 2 like that OMG

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    It just hit me, are we on a similar route as before. Our 3 key players of that GREAT 2002 defense, Sapp, Brooks, Lynch. Now we have three studs and team leaders at each level GMC, David and Barron.

I think that is huge, having key playmakers at different levels that is how you dominate. Can anyone imagine this defense in 2 years. I mean seriously when Barron, David, Foster, GMC, AC get serious time to develop and turn in to experienced veterans. OMG with Free Doug, Mike, Vincent on the other side...What a bright future for our franchise.

Hopefully whatever Mark did this past draft he continues to do. Another draft or 2 like that OMG
    To early to consider them with the bucs greats but a lol consistency with 1 play book could put them on that level if not better no doubt!
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast