Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i say trade up to get both matt elam and allen/terrance williams/austin

vCash
    I'd rather have Justin Hunter over Tavon Austin

Hunter is being mad slept on right now... tall, strong, quick...just needs to improve route running a little

vCash
    yeah hunter seems pretty solid seems like theres a lot of options at wide receiver. Also i think its amazing that Collen Klein might win the heisman and go undrafted would that be a first

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    yeah hunter seems pretty solid seems like theres a lot of options at wide receiver. Also i think its amazing that Collen Klein might win the heisman and go undrafted would that be a first
    Klein reminds me of a worse Tim Tebow. It would amaze me if he won heisman.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    53-35-1

vCash
    Markus Wheaton out of Oregon State would be a much better value pick than taking Tavon Austin in the first round. Wheaton may be available in the 3rd round, and he may be even faster than Austin.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Markus Wheaton out of Oregon State would be a much better value pick than taking Tavon Austin in the first round. Wheaton may be available in the 3rd round, and he may be even faster than Austin.
    You sure about that? Its tough for me to argue Austin's case without sounding like an extreme homer. Do you have any videos on Wheaton? I have never heard of him.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    53-35-1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    You sure about that? Its tough for me to argue Austin's case without sounding like an extreme homer. Do you have any videos on Wheaton? I have never heard of him.
    He beat De'Anthony Thomas in the 100 meter dash at a Pac-12 meet. So, he's definitely in the same vicinity as Tavon Austin. His numbers aren't quite as big as Austin's, but he also plays in a pro-set at Oregon State. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a better pro than Austin, and I do like Austin as a prospect.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 12-07-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Collin Klein is

1. Not winning the Heisman over Manziel
    2. Not entering the draft after one season

vCash
    oh i agree collin klein wont win but im pretty sure he is a senior this year do you guys like ezekial ansah out of byu they say he has the body type of Pierre Paul he is very raw but could end up being very very good

vCash
    See my post about the prospects I like. Ansah is going to be a stud in my eyes. He's this years version of Chandler Jones. He's very big and rangy and is very disruptive. He doesn't have the sack numbers but is always causing some kind of mayhem in the backfield. He's very raw but with coaching could see results similiar to Jones.

vCash
    Also I had a thought talking with some buddies earlier. What would you guys think of this situation.

BB trades 1st round pick for a 2nd or 3rd and 1st next year. Uses the remaining picks in the draft to fill the holes. Next year Trade both first rounders and try and move up to select Clowney out of SC. Before all the hate gets rained down on me I realize it's a very unlikely if not impossible scenario, but I'm only asking if it were to go down that way what would the fine folks of the Pats forum of PSD think of it.

vCash
    I know a lot of people focus on the secondary, but I wouldn't be upset at all if we used our first 2 picks on defensive linemen. I know the pass rush is improved, but I still think there's plenty of room for improvement.

I think we need a DT that can get after the QB a bit more. I think Love is probably playing a little more than he should and Wilfork's snap count is higher than I'd like. A DT that could get some pressure up the middle in the base front would be huge for us IMO.

I also think we could use a situational pass rusher (Mark Anderson type player) to compliment Jones and Ninko (w/ Cunningham inside on the nickel). Ninko is an effective all around player, but I think our nickel packages would be much better if we could replace him with a more competent pass rusher on the edge at least some of the time. I'm not saying we need a great all around DE, just a situational player that could get 7 sacks or so out of sub packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    i think ezekial ansah could be a great player. I think we will use our first round pick on matt elam or tavon austin. Second round i think we go for ezekial ansah it wouldnt surprise me if the pats traded a third round pick next year and 5th round pick the year after to get a high second round pick to get matt elam/ezekial ansah/xavier rhodes If we do a trade like that then we will probably go for tavon austin or a another receiver in the first round. I see us taking a chance on the honey badger in a later round and maybe a defensive linemen with another pick do the pats just have a 1,2,7,7 fo picks or do they more

vCash
    After last nights game and a feature on bb drafting secondary players early an often i would be reluctant to draft another early, the team has needs on the Oline and dline, All our lbs are run stuffers and lack in pass defense, a dynamic pass rusher always helps, a big time receiver would make the offense close to unstoppable. Maybe take a late flyer on the kid from LSU but i do worry about having to many players with"character issues" on the same team

vCash
    I dont follow the mock drafts to much this early in the year, but where is the DT from Utah mocked to be picked? I cant remember his name at the moment but he was dominant the few times I saw him play.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast