Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    ^^ I think the Vollmer situation is going to be interesting next year. He's a top flight RT when healthy, but he obviously struggles with that.

The fact that it's his back that flares up, and he's 6'8 makes me very concerned about paying him.

I honestly think the right move is to let him walk and roll with Cannon + FA reinforcements at RT next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    They need a 6' or better WR from somewhere and a slot if Welker is gone.

Need list isn't that bad.
    Off-topic, but what is your opinion of Robert Woods as a potential target? He runs terrific routes, has great hands, and has an excellent football IQ. Woods has been oft-injured, so it could be a risk, but I see him as a potential fit in New England if his stock continues to drop.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    i think we should get some receivers preferably Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. I think Keenan Allen could definitely fall to use I think he is projected at like 21 ish. I would also take a chance on Tyrann Matheiu I remember saying the Patriots should get him when he played on Lsu and BB would not mind taking on another guy with off the field troubles. Does anyone know where they think Tavon austin will go in the draft and I think we should go for Matt Elam or another top safety i know we cant get all these guys but i think i would prefer keenan allen, matt elam and tyrann mathieu but would love if we could get tavon austin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    ^^ I think the Vollmer situation is going to be interesting next year. He's a top flight RT when healthy, but he obviously struggles with that.

The fact that it's his back that flares up, and he's 6'8 makes me very concerned about paying him.

I honestly think the right move is to let him walk and roll with Cannon + FA reinforcements at RT next year.
    Oh God, not Cannon...he's terrible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Just re-sign Vollmer, draft a low round kid.
    Dicey due to injuries.

Also I call for two safties because I think Gregory will be cut next year.

Doubt they grab another WR.
    You're planning on going w/ Branch? and since Welker is almost for sure gone....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    Oh God, not Cannon...he's terrible
    Cannon is a kid, and the last time he played, he played well. No way they cut bait on Cannon, and if Vollmer asks for #3 RT money he may well get the job.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Off-topic, but what is your opinion of Robert Woods as a potential target? He runs terrific routes, has great hands, and has an excellent football IQ. Woods has been oft-injured, so it could be a risk, but I see him as a potential fit in New England if his stock continues to drop.
    I'm kind of a USC guy and I do believe Woods would fit well on this team. Although, I don't know much about the guy's personality and whether he would fit into the Patriot Way

vCash
    Tyrann Mathieu declared and should fall. Seems kinda of like a Patriots pick like with Dennard. What do you guys think
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    The Florida fan in my is beyond giddy with the idea that Matt Elam could be a Patriot....but like a few of you have eloquently commented on, I don't think safety is the top priority early in the draft.

Matt Elam is pure awesomeness though. I want him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    i think we should get some receivers preferably Keenan Allen or Tavon Austin. I think Keenan Allen could definitely fall to use I think he is projected at like 21 ish. I would also take a chance on Tyrann Matheiu I remember saying the Patriots should get him when he played on Lsu and BB would not mind taking on another guy with off the field troubles. Does anyone know where they think Tavon austin will go in the draft and I think we should go for Matt Elam or another top safety i know we cant get all these guys but i think i would prefer keenan allen, matt elam and tyrann mathieu but would love if we could get tavon austin
    If we don't take Austin with our first pick, he wont be there at the next one.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    18-14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WVpatsfan View Post
    If we don't take Austin with our first pick, he wont be there at the next one.
    I kind of figured that would be the case I wouldn't surprised if the patriots traded up for him though. If the Pats liek someone theyll usually trade up for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    The Florida fan in my is beyond giddy with the idea that Matt Elam could be a Patriot....but like a few of you have eloquently commented on, I don't think safety is the top priority early in the draft.

Matt Elam is pure awesomeness though. I want him!
    I was thinking about this alll year watching all the games. I'd be soo excited!
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    i just want one of keenan allen tavon austion or matt elam and id be happy

vCash
    With Edelman always hurt, Austin is looking like a great slot receiver replacement for Welker. I would be ecstatic.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    18-14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    You're planning on going w/ Branch? and since Welker is almost for sure gone....
    Um, no, not Branch.

What makes you so sure Welker is gone?

We can get a WR, not in the first 2 rounds though, too many other pressing needs.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast