Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    I want absolutely nothing of Tavon Austin
    Why?
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    18-14

vCash
    I want absolutely nothing of Tavon Austin
    Why? He seems like the kind of guy BB likes - a multitool. Can play WR/RB and KR/PR

the most explosive player in college football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Why? He seems like the kind of guy BB likes - a multitool. Can play WR/RB and KR/PR

the most explosive player in college football
    Exactly how I thought of it. He does everything, and he does it pretty well. He would be deadly on our WR screens we like to run.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    18-14

vCash
    One. He's quite overrated in his system, and doesn't excel against bigger corners
    Two. I don't really want a WR in the 1st
    Three. If we DO go wideout, why take a Wes clone when we can have Edelman for cheaper, and we KNOW what we're getting. If we spend a 1st on a WR, draft Hunter and get someone who can stretch the damn field

vCash
    stretching the field is great and all, but that's not Brady's strength - he isn't accurate at all on deep throws.

Pats need to play to his strengths, the short/mid passing game.

And Edelman can't stay healthy.

vCash
    One. He's quite overrated in his system, and doesn't excel against bigger corners
    Two. I don't really want a WR in the 1st
    Three. If we DO go wideout, why take a Wes clone when we can have Edelman for cheaper, and we KNOW what we're getting. If we spend a 1st on a WR, draft Hunter and get someone who can stretch the damn field
    Overrated? Explain to me how he is overrated.
    PSD Weekly Pick Em
    18-14

vCash
    I would love to take DeAndre "nuke" Hopkins. (Biased, played against him ) I can see him being a good fit with us. He is a really good route runner and can stretch a defense. He also can line up just about anywhere on the field. What are some of your thoughts on him? I know im a bit biased since I have history with him.

vCash
    I don't see a WR being drafted in the first 3 rounds this year.

It all depends on Welker, if he signs a 3/22.5 deal, then Edelman is gone, and the Pats will sign some retread Z's, and and a project slot to back up Welker.

If Welker doesn't sign, we sign Edelman, and a project slot, and a some money on a vet feature Z, and AH becomes more of a straight WR.

We have the X (Lloyd - and he's cheap too), and TE's in Gronk, Hoo, and Ballard.

Brady doesn't throw the long ball that well anymore, so a huge deep guy won't really be utilized/worth it.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I don't see a WR being drafted in the first 3 rounds this year.

It all depends on Welker, if he signs a 3/22.5 deal, then Edelman is gone, and the Pats will sign some retread Z's, and and a project slot to back up Welker.

If Welker doesn't sign, we sign Edelman, and a project slot, and a some money on a vet feature Z, and AH becomes more of a straight WR.

We have the X (Lloyd - and he's cheap too), and TE's in Gronk, Hoo, and Ballard.

Brady doesn't throw the long ball that well anymore, so a huge deep guy won't really be utilized/worth it.

Do you think that Brady's ineffective throwing downfield could be more due to the lack of proper personnel, rather than simply chalking it up to inaccuracy? The Pats haven't given Brady a field-stretching WR since Moss really. I'm still a firm believer that a player like Mike Wallace would thrive in this offense.

I would rather see what the team can do with Wallace/Lloyd/AH/Edlemen

rather than Welker/Lloyd/AH/Edlemen

I think between Wallace/Edlemen, you have Welkers entire route tree available to Brady, but then Wallace has the speed factor that Welker does not. Welker is shifty enough to sometimes get past man coverage heading downfield, but not the breakaway speed to create true separation.

Gotta think that Mike Wallace having a down season stats-wise should make his contract amount slightly more affordable than last year.

Pay Wallace the long-term 4-year deal because he's young. Resign Edlemen for peanuts to provide the underneath routes the offense uses as a safety valve. It seems like it would be more dynamic, no?

vCash
    Wallace doesn't make sense for us. Brady doesn't throw the deep ball well enough anymore to justify spending that much money on a WR whose strength is downfield routes. If we were going to spend that money on a receiver it would be better served going to a guy like Bowe who specializes with intermediate routes but also can get deep well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Patriots are up in the mock draft for those helping out. Not sure if Bais is online since he's invisible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sdceltsfan View Post
    Do you think that Brady's ineffective throwing downfield could be more due to the lack of proper personnel, rather than simply chalking it up to inaccuracy?
    Brady has had bone chips and tightening done to his right shoulder at least six times since 2007. That's what I blame it on. The only moron that played here the past few years was Ocho, he didn't know where he was supposed to be, everyone else knows. He constantly throws the ball into the ground throwing in the left flat, and sails the ball on the deep outs on the right. It's mechanical period.

The Pats haven't given Brady a field-stretching WR since Moss really. I'm still a firm believer that a player like Mike Wallace would thrive in this offense.
    I'm 85% sure that Wallace would be a disaster here. He's not very bright, and he's going to be paid stupid money. Forget him, he's not coming.

I would rather see what the team can do with Wallace/Lloyd/AH/Edlemen
    It's a unfulfilled fantasy, Wallace isn't coming, and if he did, he wouldn't be worth near the money, since Brady couldn't take much advantage, and Wallace basically doesn't run precise patterns.

rather than Welker/Lloyd/AH/Edlemen
    We have Gronk too.

I think between Wallace/Edlemen, you have Welkers entire route tree available to Brady, but then Wallace has the speed factor that Welker does not. Welker is shifty enough to sometimes get past man coverage heading downfield, but not the breakaway speed to create true separation.
    Welker is much better at most short patterns than Edelman. Edelman is a better blocker, younger, and cheaper - but not healthier.

Welker and Wallace are totally different things, comparing one to the other is senseless.

Gotta think that Mike Wallace having a down season stats-wise should make his contract amount slightly more affordable than last year.
    Pats avoided the huge/expensive names this year and did great with FA's, we are not blowing the bulk of our FA budget on a WR, and dealing with Vollmer and Talib.

Pay Wallace the long-term 4-year deal because he's young. Resign Edlemen for peanuts to provide the underneath routes the offense uses as a safety valve. It seems like it would be more dynamic, no?
    No.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    I think its a must we focus on defense again in this draft. Either a DT, Corner, or Safety in the first two rounds.
    The name is Amendola....

...Danny Amendola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradytoGronkTD View Post
    I think its a must we focus on defense again in this draft. Either a DT, Corner, or Safety in the first two rounds.
    If Vollmer is back, then yes, most of the effort in FA and draft is on D. If Welker is gone (which common sense dictates), than that money can go for a Edelman and a slot late in the draft, plus a good vet WR, w/o messing up the cap.

D: I want another to go with our CFL add-on, a CB, a SS, and a pass coverage LB.

vCash
    I agree with bags on the most part..A DT, CB, Pass coverage LB'er are imo the 3 biggest needs. Add O-line if vollmer leaves. (I think he'll be either signed or tagged).

Im pretty happy as far as safetys goes though, I dont see what was wrong with Mccourty/Gregory.

If Bill.B thinks David givens 2.0 is still around in the 5th rd? take him. But, Dont use a high end resource on a WR.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast