Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 585
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    39,052
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Brandon Jenkins is a DE out of Florida State that I'd like to take a look at in the second round of the draft. Chandler Jones has been a great all around player for us, but I'm not sure he's got that elite explosiveness off the edge. Ultimately, I think he might be better served being the DE that we play inside on passing downs (like Cunningham has been doing). Jenkins could be that speed rusher off the edge for the nickel package.
    Chandler was plenty explosive before he hurt his ankle. If the real refs were around in baltimore he would have had 2-3 more sacks in that game alone.


    6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

    Some jerks never learn.....

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this. I just wonder how high Mallet's ceiling is if he were given the proper time and environment to develop. sd makes a good point pointing out that Brady's footwork was pretty "goofy" in his early days.

    On a side note, does anyone else think Mallett looks kind of like a stereotypical villain?
    I was thinking Meth addict but yeah.
    Eat Lobster

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    21,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Chandler was plenty explosive before he hurt his ankle. If the real refs were around in baltimore he would have had 2-3 more sacks in that game alone.
    BAL was the first game I got to watch intently because of work so I really keyed on Jones in that game because of his hot start in the games I missed. It was ****ing ridiculous how much he was held in that game. I remember calling to my dad every play "Jones held on that one again."

    I think the pass rush around Jones needs to improve though and an explosive edge rusher would help IMO. Sure, Jones can be the right end for us, but I think we'd be even better if he could move over to the left side or even kick inside on the nickel, so long as he was being pushed there by a legit pass rush specialist. And it would help us better take advantage of a weak spot on the opposing OL by moving Jones around if we had an edge rusher that could fill the void left by Jones moving off that spot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,422
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah I remember Oher getting away with a bunch of holds in that game.


    Anyways, for those of you that have got some time on your hands for the next few days there are some pretty good bowl games on. West Virginia is on right now and Tavon Austin is a guy that the Pats may be after.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 12-29-2012 at 05:04 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Yeah I remember Oher getting away with a bunch of holds in that game.


    Anyways, for those of you that have got some time on your hands for the next few days there are some pretty good bowl games on. West Virginia is on right now and Tavon Austin is a guy that the Pats may be after.
    Hope not. I don't like taking a slot receiver in the first round. Watch Markus Wheaton in like 20 minutes, and you will see a better player at a better value in the draft.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,422
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Hope not. I don't like taking a slot receiver in the first round. Watch Markus Wheaton in like 20 minutes, and you will see a better player at a better value in the draft.
    Oh I only mentioned Austin because some people speculate him going here.

    Wheaton wasn't all in all impressive today, but one of my favorites coming out of this draft Alex Okafor was absolutely awesome. Probably just moved into late 1st round/early 2nd in most mocks.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Oh I only mentioned Austin because some people speculate him going here.

    Wheaton wasn't all in all impressive today, but one of my favorites coming out of this draft Alex Okafor was absolutely awesome. Probably just moved into late 1st round/early 2nd in most mocks.
    Not really his fault though. Vaz played like crap, and Okafor was killing Oregon State all day long. Vaz never had the time to look down the field.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,422
    vCash
    1500
    Oh yeah Vaz's play definitely didn't help Wheaton tonight. Probably not a fair assessment by me so I'll probably have to watch the Senior Bowl to get a better look of him.

    I'm still in awe from Okafor's performance tonight.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Originally from MA
    Posts
    12,385
    vCash
    1500
    I wonder if Belichick is going to be making some moves in the '13 draft to try and secure a 2014 1st round pick from a team to try to be in a position to get SC's Jadeveon Clowney.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    I wonder if Belichick is going to be making some moves in the '13 draft to try and secure a 2014 1st round pick from a team to try to be in a position to get SC's Jadeveon Clowney.
    You can't really position your team through deals to get the number one overall pick. New England would have to get tremendously lucky on a speculative deal (like when we got Mayo with 49ers pick), and even then it will be damn near impossible to get the number one overall pick.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  11. #116
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Originally from MA
    Posts
    12,385
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    You can't really position your team through deals to get the number one overall pick. New England would have to get tremendously lucky on a speculative deal (like when we got Mayo with 49ers pick), and even then it will be damn near impossible to get the number one overall pick.
    So you're saying there's a chance....YEAH!!!!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent33 View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance....YEAH!!!!
    Hah, I love me some Dumb and Dumber quotes. Also, nice sig. Can't wait for the new season of Arrested Development.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,012
    vCash
    1500
    I watch Florida every week so thats mostly who i know alot about and somewhat limited for everyone else.

    Shariff Floyd is someone who would be awesome to put next to Wilfork. Great against the run. Has some work to become a consistent inside pass rusher but could become one.

    Matt Elam is a hard hitting saftey had 76 tackles and 4 Ints this season. I'd love to see him in the New England secondary.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

    Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

    Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,226
    vCash
    1500
    I like Elam. Only problem is that he might go too high for us and I think BB might be content with McCourty and Gregory at safety for next year.

    As for Floyd, I'd rather get a guy like Kawaan Short at DT, someone who can bring consistent pressure up the middle.

    IMO, we should re-sign Talib and Welker, taking guys like Xavier Rhodes and Tavon Austin out of the equation.

    And for the trade for Clowney pick idea, it won't happen because you can't predict who will be the worst team next year. Although I would kill to get Clowney...

  15. #120
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boston/Florida
    Posts
    9,243
    vCash
    1500
    I love what i saw from Alabama Running back Eddie Lacy & QB A. J. McCarron tonight.
    Proud to be PSD's Chris Kelly!
    The Chris Kelly Watch: 3 G /0 A/ 3 Pts / 2 +/-


    He went to the top self where Momma keeps the Peanut Butter & Where i hid the Porno's

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •