Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 NFL Draft prospects discussion thread

We made one of these around this time last year, you can talk about your favorite prospects for the draft in here during the regular season.

vCash
    I don't really know yet, the obvious weakness in the team is the secondary. IMO the safety position can use some attention, Wilson may or may not be good, he has some good plays and some bad plays but I think overall he'll be better than Chung. Chung has not proven himself in the time given and is not worthy of an extension. Gregory hasn't been on the field much but I wasn't high on him before coming here ok depth Guy.
    On offense I think a young receiver that can go up and get it is in order. Lloyd is good but I had high expectations (still early) and he's been just ok IMO

So if I could draft I would draft one of these positions
    1a safety Eric Reid is the top rated safety so far he's been mocked in the twenties
    1b receiver there's so many fast receivers out there picking the one that can learn the offense is tough
    1c if 1a and 1b is not there maybe a player that drops but isn't a position of need
    Last edited by poppa12645; 11-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.

vCash
    we need DB's

So far the only thing we need going into next season is DB's...

versatile safties and CB's

so I like:
    Xavier Rhodes,
    Desmond Trufaunt,
    T. J. McDonald, 6ft 3, 205, hits hard...
    Eric Reid
    David Amerson: guy is a ballhawk!! 6ft 3, 195lbs
    Tony Jefferson: he can blitz!! in B.B System his versatility will be loved!!

DeMarcus Milliner & Johnthan banks wasn't listed because i don't think we're going to have the top to DB's fall to us.

Xavier Rhodes might be our best play if we can trade up a bit...although I think Reid might be what we need if Talib plays out the way we hope he does.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    My homer pick would be the Pats going after Dion Jordan. He could grow into an elite pass-rusher and be a good complement to Chandler Jones. The Giants have shown that you can never have too many pass-rushers, and Jordan is insanely gifted. He also has covered wide receivers and tight ends a lot this season, so he can be used in coverage in certain situations. My guess is that he will be gone long before our pick after he tears up the combine though.

Another prospect that interests me is John Jenkins. He could be groomed to take over for Wilfork in the future, and he is very talented at his size. Picking him may not result in immediate results, but it would be smart to plan for the future.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    I want Robert Lester in the 2nd round, bad. And BITM, Jordan is a guy I wouldn't mind. Alex Okafor is another guy I'd look for. This year's class is loaded with pass rushers.

vCash
    I'll be eligible for the first time in April...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    CB: Milliner (early 1st, out of reach), Banks (mid 1st, out of reach), Rhodes (mid to late 1st, possible), Trufant (2nd-3rd, probable)

S: Reid (early to mid 1st, out of reach), McDonald (late 1st, probable), Vaccaro (late 1st, probable), Lester (2nd-3rd, probable)

OLB/DE: Alex Okafor (mid to late 1st, possible), Dion Jordan (mid to late 1st, possible), Ezekiel Ansah (2nd-3rd, probable)

A lot of who we draft is going to depend on what position McCourty sticks at. If McCourty moves to FS, we need a big physical corner. If he's a corner, we need a ballhawk FS.

If he's a FS, some draft combinations could be:

-R1: Rhodes, R2: Ansah (CB: Rhodes, Dennard, Talib, S: Gregory, Wilson, McCourty, DE: Jones, Ansah is developmental)

-R1: Okafor/Jordan, R2: Trufant (CB: Trufant, Dennard, Talib, S: " ", DE: Jones, Okafor/Jordan)

If he's a CB:

-R1: Vaccaro/McDonald, R2: Ansah (CB: McCourty, Dennard, Talib, S: Vaccaro/McDonald, Gregory, Wilson, DE: Jones, Ansah)
    -R1: Okafor/Jordan, R2: Lester (CB: " ", S: Lester, Gregory, Wilson, DE: Jones, Okafor/Jordan)

My two cents on the subject.
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 11-06-2012 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    we need DB's

So far the only thing we need going into next season is DB's...

versatile safties and CB's

so I like:
    Xavier Rhodes,
    Desmond Trufaunt,
    T. J. McDonald, 6ft 3, 205, hits hard...
    Eric Reid
    David Amerson: guy is a ballhawk!! 6ft 3, 195lbs
    Tony Jefferson: he can blitz!! in B.B System his versatility will be loved!!

DeMarcus Milliner & Johnthan banks wasn't listed because i don't think we're going to have the top to DB's fall to us.

Xavier Rhodes might be our best play if we can trade up a bit...although I think Reid might be what we need if Talib plays out the way we hope he does.
    Agree on all. I'd rather Rhodes and move McCourty to FS, but we'll see.

I'd also add Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) and Robert Lester (Alabama), both safeties. This draft is gonna be loaded with DBs.
    Last edited by BostonSports96; 11-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    ^ and pass rushers.

The thing I love about BB is that he drafts according to the draft strengths.

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    ^ and pass rushers.

The thing I love about BB is that he drafts according to the draft strengths.
    True

vCash
    D-line and secondary.

CB/FS tweener.

DE/DT tweener.

OL after that.

vCash
    Anything except QB, RB or TE with our high picks and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    This is what I posted in the NFL Draft Forum:

Needs
    A defensive end is probably a good guess. Jake Bequette may develop into that player, but I have no idea of how he is progressed. If we could add another rangy athlete to pair with Jones, then that would be ideal. Ninkovich is decent, but he gets overmatched versus bigger tackles. I'm hoping we get Dion Jordan, but I'm guessing he will be off-the-board before we pick. He would immediately fit into the Patriot way, and he could form one of the better pass-rushing duos in the NFL with Jones. Plus, he can be a plus in coverage, and that is difficult to find. Though he is rather skinny, he does have the frame to add weight so that he won't get beat up in the trenches. He's still raw, but I think he could really flourish in New England.

Finding a DT/NT prospect would be very smart. Wilfork has played an absurd amount of snaps the last few years, and could start declining soon. Kyle Love is a very good player, but if we could find a developmental prospect at this position, then our defensive front would look very good in the future.

I could definitely see Belichick bucking the trend and going early at receiver this season. Who knows how long Welker will be a Patriot, and the rest of the group is pretty old. Even though he has had his share of injuries, I'd love to see the Pats go after Robert Woods. He's an elite route runner, and he'd be the type of player that could work in our system.

If Mankins can't stay healthy, then it may be the time to look at the guard position. I don't think we need to go after one early in the draft, but it would be smart to find a prospect that can develop into a starter. Even if Mankins is still elite for a few more years, we could still use a stud at RG.

Also, I'm not saying that corner and safety aren't needs. I just don't see us drafting one early unless a premium prospect falls or we move up. Alfonzo Dennard looks like he could develop into a very good starting corner in the league, and if Talib works out then it changes my entire outlook on our secondary. Then we have 3 legitimate starting corners moving forward, and McCourty can double as a safety when needed. Plus, we spent a 2nd round pick on Tavon Wilson in this past draft. He has made some mistakes, but I still like his potential as a decent starting safety.

Also, I know I didn't select the Pats number one need. It's so hard to make that determination because our most important needs may be best addressed in free agency.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    This is what I posted in the NFL Draft Forum:

Needs
    A defensive end is probably a good guess. Jake Bequette may develop into that player, but I have no idea of how he is progressed. If we could add another rangy athlete to pair with Jones, then that would be ideal. Ninkovich is decent, but he gets overmatched versus bigger tackles. I'm hoping we get Dion Jordan, but I'm guessing he will be off-the-board before we pick. He would immediately fit into the Patriot way, and he could form one of the better pass-rushing duos in the NFL with Jones. Plus, he can be a plus in coverage, and that is difficult to find. Though he is rather skinny, he does have the frame to add weight so that he won't get beat up in the trenches. He's still raw, but I think he could really flourish in New England.

Finding a DT/NT prospect would be very smart. Wilfork has played an absurd amount of snaps the last few years, and could start declining soon. Kyle Love is a very good player, but if we could find a developmental prospect at this position, then our defensive front would look very good in the future.

I could definitely see Belichick bucking the trend and going early at receiver this season. Who knows how long Welker will be a Patriot, and the rest of the group is pretty old. Even though he has had his share of injuries, I'd love to see the Pats go after Robert Woods. He's an elite route runner, and he'd be the type of player that could work in our system.

If Mankins can't stay healthy, then it may be the time to look at the guard position. I don't think we need to go after one early in the draft, but it would be smart to find a prospect that can develop into a starter. Even if Mankins is still elite for a few more years, we could still use a stud at RG.

Also, I'm not saying that corner and safety aren't needs. I just don't see us drafting one early unless a premium prospect falls or we move up. Alfonzo Dennard looks like he could develop into a very good starting corner in the league, and if Talib works out then it changes my entire outlook on our secondary. Then we have 3 legitimate starting corners moving forward, and McCourty can double as a safety when needed. Plus, we spent a 2nd round pick on Tavon Wilson in this past draft. He has made some mistakes, but I still like his potential as a decent starting safety.

Also, I know I didn't select the Pats number one need. It's so hard to make that determination because our most important needs may be best addressed in free agency.
    Most of the FA DBs next offseason aren't good, and there aren't any elite D-lineman either.

Ideal draft would be:
    R1: CB (Xavier Rhodes/Jonathan Banks)
    2: D-lineman
    3: O-lineman
    6: WR
    7: Some defensive position

vCash
    S. Need a Safety badly so McCourty can return to CB. Pair him with Wilson
    DT. Prospect
    DE. Although, I feel like we need to give Cunningham and Bequette the opportunity to show us what they got. Nink for LB and DE depth
    T. We only have 2 Tackles right?
    WR. Depends on Welker. I want someone tall please. Someone who can go after the deep ball.

As for our secondary:
    S: Wilson, [Draft Pick], with Chung and Gregory playing a reduced role
    CB: McCourty, Talib, Dennard, with Cole and Ras-I for depth
    Dominic Raiola Part 2

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast