Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Jay Cutler is not hands down the best QB the bears have ever had. If you are talking about modern style QBs then yes. If you are talking about QBs period, then you can make an argument for Sid Luckman (4 championships and HOF). He was more Tebow than Manning in playing style but he was considered the greatest long range passer of his day.

BMarsh is hands down the best WR the Bears have ever had.

vCash
    It's not sad at all.

Marshall is a hall of famer and Cutler has impressive career numbers that will only get better as he grows in an offense- with the same offensive coordinator, please god.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chi-townlove1 View Post
    ^ I'm sorry I was born in 92. Have no full understanding of the bears before the 2000's.
    Same here. I could barely understand the dominance of Michael Jordan, let alone just how bad the Cubs, Bears, and Blackhawks were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Same here. I could barely understand the dominance of Michael Jordan, let alone just how bad the Cubs, Bears, and Blackhawks were.
    MJ was amazing.

vCash
    I truly wish i could have witnessed MJ. my family is always talking about how i have no idea the style of basketball that there used to be and the players that used to be part of it. I have seen what Ive seen. Derrick Rose is a stud. Lebron is the best to ever play the game in my eyes. I understand he is not the best ever, but i have not been fortunate enough to witness the older legends, therefore I will never be able to grasp the concept of just how good guys like Michael Jordon and Walter Payton were.

vCash
    I truly wish i could have witnessed MJ. my family is always talking about how i have no idea the style of basketball that there used to be and the players that used to be part of it. I have seen what Ive seen. Derrick Rose is a stud. Lebron is the best to ever play the game in my eyes. I understand he is not the best ever, but i have not been fortunate enough to witness the older legends, therefore I will never be able to grasp the concept of just how good guys like Michael Jordon and Walter Payton were.
    MJ had complete control of the game and court. You were shocked of they lost a game. That confidence is not in lebron. Mj made everyone better, the game he played with a 103 temp fever, completely sick and scored 45 points was incredible.

Lebron has nothing on Michael at this point.

Walter Payton was better than any RB playing now

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    MJ had complete control of the game and court. You were shocked of they lost a game. That confidence is not in lebron. Mj made everyone better, the game he played with a 103 temp fever, completely sick and scored 45 points was incredible.

Lebron has nothing on Michael at this point.

Walter Payton was better than any RB playing now
    RIP Sweetness. MJ homer for life.

vCash
    I do feel for the fans that didn't get to see MJ play. Watching highlights or replays isn't the same as watching the team game to game when it was live. So many highlights that aren't out there now. It was pretty much every game. And watching your star player become the greatest ever and then the team becoming one of the greatest dynasties (if not the greatest), that was a special era in Chicago sports.

vCash
    Sid Luckman was the best quarterback in the league (I believe) in his time, so by comparison Cutler is probably second. But you'd have a hard time finding a receiver better than Marshall

vCash
    Cutler is by far the best QB that Chicago has had in my time of watching them. I believe Marshall is the best WR, but it is hard to say because our QBs were so bad.

As far as Payton and Jordan, they were two of the best competitors that I have ever seen. Jordan was so dominant that the Piston's had their own set of rules on how to guard Jordan, called the Jordan Rules. Jordan wanted to win every play. He wanted and tried to be the best.

For Payton to rush constantly over a 1, 000 yrds although he faced 8 and 9 defenders in the box, was remarkable. He is the greatest of all time without question. Pure heart, will, and determination was what Paton demonstrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Cutler is by far the best QB that Chicago has had in my time of watching them. I believe Marshall is the best WR, but it is hard to say because our QBs were so bad.

As far as Payton and Jordan, they were two of the best competitors that I have ever seen. Jordan was so dominant that the Piston's had their own set of rules on how to guard Jordan, called the Jordan Rules. Jordan wanted to win every play. He wanted and tried to be the best.

For Payton to rush constantly over a 1, 000 yrds although he faced 8 and 9 defenders in the box, was remarkable. He is the greatest of all time without question. Pure heart, will, and determination was what Paton demonstrated.
    Not to mention Jordan played in the era of hand-checks. If he played without hand-checks (the NBA now), his numbers would have been even higher. Crazy to think about

vCash
    It depends I think Cutler needs a few more offensive coordinators within the next few years. Lets just change the system every year and wonder why our offense is never great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    It depends I think Cutler needs a few more offensive coordinators within the next few years. Lets just change the system every year and wonder why our offense is never great.

vCash
    Some depressing stats about Chicago's WR situation:

Johnny Morris is Chicago's all-time receiving yards leader with 5,059 yards. Harlon Hill is second with 4,616 yards. Morris retired in 1967. Hill retired in 1962.

Chicago's all-time single-season leader for receiving yards is somebody named Marcus Robinson. He finished with 1,400 yards and nine TDs in 1999 and never topped 800 yards again.

In the past 40 years, only four Bears have topped 1,000 receiving yards: Robinson, Marty Booker, Curtis Conway and Jeff Graham. Only Booker and Conway did it twice.

In the history of the Bears franchise, eight Bears have caught 10 touchdowns or more. Only once did someone do it after 1970 Conway's 12 TD catches in 1995.

Chicago's most well-known receiver of the modern era: Willie Gault's best season (1983: 836 yards, eight TDs) was worth 129.6 fantasy points (irrelevant in a sense, but still).

Mike Ditka finished with more receiving yards (4,503) playing as a tight end than any Bears receiver since the AFL and NFL merged in 1970.

vCash
    Yeah our offense has been crap.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast