4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blazers

2 50.00%
  • Mavericks

2 50.00%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    well the good thing is he will be FA this summer and i dont think dallas will resign him, they have bigger fish to catch.

But our bench again is what kills us. i see a lot of games like this in the future, where we are forced to rest our stars and teams pull away. or we play our stars a lot of minutes in the 1st half and they get exhausted come fourth.
    Did Mayo sign a 2 yr deal with an opt out after a yr or something. Im sure if he did the Mavs would resign him to another deal he if plays well for them.

I expected our bench to struggle this yr due to the fact they are all very young. Things will change if Meyers proves he can start which would be a good thing then the Blazers would be able to plug Hickson in off the bench.

Either the trade deadline or next season the Blazers will be able to add another starter which will translate into some more experience moving to the bench. I would think the Blazers would try and make a lopsided trade to add that SG by the deadline thus giving them the full MLE to use in the offseason to strengthen the bench even more.

I say yr after next the Blazers should be in position for a deep playoff run, Lilliard will IMO be a west allstar in his 3rd season and Meyers should be a solid ctr by then and maybe Freeland and Barton may pan out nicely to but I dont think any of the rest of the current bench players will amount to much.
    Last edited by blazerman; 11-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    Did Mayo sign a 2 yr deal with an opt out after a yr or something. Im sure if he did the Mavs would resign him to another deal he if plays well for them.

I expected our bench to struggle this yr due to the fact they are all very young. Things will change if Meyers proves he can start which would be a good thing then the Blazers would be able to plug Hickson in off the bench.

Either the trade deadline or next season the Blazers will be able to add another starter which will translate into some more experience moving to the bench. I would think the Blazers would try and make a lopsided trade to add that SG by the deadline thus giving them the full MLE to use in the offseason to strengthen the bench even more.

I say yr after next the Blazers should be in position for a deep playoff run, Lilliard will IMO be a west allstar in his 3rd season and Meyers should be a solid ctr by then and maybe Freeland and Barton may pan out nicely to but I dont think any of the rest of the current bench players will amount to much.
    Why his 3rd? he stays healthy and he easily makes all-star team next year.

vCash
    One thing overlooked in last nights game is despite Mavs D and our lack of ball control in 4th is Lillard had 1 turnover all night and if some our shots would have gone down he would have had double digit assists. His passing is getting better every game and it is already top 5 ability.

vCash
    I'm 90% sure mayo signed a one year deal. Idea was macs have big budget for Paul, Dwight and/or josh smith.

If mayo breaks out, we can over pay him if we need to. He kills two needs. Back up PG and SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Dallas has no other fish. Collison and Mayo are there future.
    They signed mayo to a one year deal. They have ton of expiring contracts. They want one or two of josh smith, Chris Paul and Dwight. They are trying to go big. If they can't get one of those, then they might settle for mayo.

vCash
    If Dwight and Kobe fight Dwight might leave but CP3 is staying a Clipper. If Smith gets traded to some place he likes then that is iffy. At best they are getting Dwight and Smith and that is a long shot. They would be better off and they know it to keep Mayo and Collison. So far this year Collison looks like best PG of ALL TIME.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Why his 3rd? he stays healthy and he easily makes all-star team next year.
    Westbrook took his team to the finals, Olympian, allstar, running mate is Kevin Durant so he's a lock

CP3 could miss the next yr and still start in next yrs allstar game, running mate is Blake Griffin and CP3 is all NBA everything and major fan favorite so he's a definite lock

Tony Parker lead his team to a few titles and holds major respect of all the coaches in the NBA and his running mate is one of the GOAT you know Tim Duncan so he's a shoe in from the coaches

Rubio came on strong and was a major fan favorite and has a massive fanbase and NBA will pull strings to feature the flashy passing Rubio and he's KLoves running mate

Kobe- enough said

Harden is a lock now thats he's Houstons franchise player and the NBA loves great storylines like Westbrook/Durant and Harden all reuniting again. Great for TV ratings means mo money mo money and mo money for the league.

some others too but those guys will all be there this yr minus Rubio but next season I could see the NBA and its coaches going Rubio if he and Love can bring back some of what we saw last yr before his injury and especially if they turn the Twolves in a playoff team.

Lilliard needs to help take LMA's game up a notch and be ROY and guide the Blazers to the playoffs and outshine the other PG in the process to really turn heads kinda like Westbrook did this past season to have a shot next season. A playoff series win would help his case bigtime because he would get tons of credit and instant props with other players, coaches and fans.

Yr 3 for Lilliard is far easier because Blazers will have more firepower and Lilliard will be the franchise player even over LMA IMO, he's in yr3!!

vCash
    I believe for Lillard to make the allstar team he will get there by taking Parker's spot. Tim kept his spot because he is one of the greatest forwards of all time. Parker isn't Duncan so I don't believe the coaches will put him in once his skills drop. However if the Spurs are the top team in the west then it will be hard not to put him in. By Lillards 3rd year should be about right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    I believe for Lillard to make the allstar team he will get there by taking Parker's spot. Tim kept his spot because he is one of the greatest forwards of all time. Parker isn't Duncan so I don't believe the coaches will put him in once his skills drop. However if the Spurs are the top team in the west then it will be hard not to put him in. By Lillards 3rd year should be about right.
    Parkers is the guy I figure Lilliard could beat out as well. Basically while the Spurs are a top team and Duncan and Parker are leading the team they will make the team but in 3yrs time things could change alot, we already know Duncan is getting up there in age and time is running short so there will most likely be a falloff in wins in SA once Duncan hangs em up thus affecting Parker to an extent

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314