Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I want a top position player first and foremost for Dickey, then he could be packaged with a pitcher if they'd like, but I'd prefer another position player.

I want no part of Bauer, his make-up stinks, and the Mets value that highly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I want a top position player first and foremost for Dickey, then he could be packaged with a pitcher if they'd like, but I'd prefer another position player.

I want no part of Bauer, his make-up stinks, and the Mets value that highly.
    I think he's awesome. And a future rotation of Bauer, Wheeler and Harvey would be a sight to behold.

But I understand wanting a position player.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I think he's awesome. And a future rotation of Bauer, Wheeler and Harvey would be a sight to behold.

But I understand wanting a position player.
    I'd rather get someone else honestly. But I'd probably deal Dickey for Bauer and Eaton.

vCash
    I'd rather get someone else honestly. But I'd probably deal Dickey for Bauer and Eaton.
    Totally understand wanting someone else, would you rather have a prospect(s) or major league talent.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    @Ken_Rosenthal: #Mets showing little interest in signing Dickey, discussing trades

vCash
    Rumor has it, Dickey looking for a 5 year deal.

Andy Martino @SurfingTheMets
    Asked good Mets source for gut feeling -- Dickey stays or goes. Long pause. "It's just too soon to say. That would be too much speculation."

vCash
    This is great news. I'm confident they'll get something really good.

I know Dickey is a knuckler, but no way does he get 5 years from us and probably anyone else.

vCash

12 or more teams would be interested in Dickey

Yeah, I think he is a goner.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Totally understand wanting someone else, would you rather have a prospect(s) or major league talent.
    It's depends. I'd like close to MLB ready prospects, but a guy like Eaton with Bauer would be OK too since you get a high-upside arm and a scrappy good young CF.

vCash
    You're only going to get a less than impressive package for Dickey. You'd be trying to draw to an inside straight, hoping one of the kids they acquire strikes it big.

But if said team thought said player would strike it big, said team doesnt make. They'll want to hold on to those players to build around Dickey and hope the Mets will agree to a lesser tiered player.

And the thing is, they will.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    12 teams or more could be interested in Dickey, I'm sure one of them will balk and give us what we want.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 11-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    I'm sure the Mets leaked the story, to drive down the years.

vCash
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
    #Mets clearly want to fully understand Dickey's trade value, something they are not doing with Wright at these Meetings

It's clear that they are serious about Wright. But to make this work, the Mets will need to extend Wright before they deal Dickey.

vCash
    Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
    #Mets clearly want to fully understand Dickey's trade value, something they are not doing with Wright at these Meetings

It's clear that they are serious about Wright. But to make this work, the Mets will need to extend Wright before they deal Dickey.
    Why? I'm not following this line of thought.
    But I agree that they are serious about Wright.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast