Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Obviously, the C of D would be heartbroken if Robert Allen were traded. I still maintain they're better off keeping him. But the Mets are certainly correct in entertaining offers. For the right deal, anyone is tradeable.

I'm just curious as to what that "right deal" is going to look like.
    It will be a sad day if he is traded. Many will cry and many will organize their sock drawer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    No one besides us wanted the often injured pitcher. Dickey is a workhorse, and relatively cheap.
    You're saying RA Dickey has a better market value now than what Johan had after the 2007 season?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Can't wait to see the return for R.A. Either we will all be happy or pissed. Knowing the Mets they might f this up because I don't see anybody doing what the Giants did for Beltran.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Can't wait to see the return for R.A. Either we will all be happy or pissed. Knowing the Mets they might f this up because I don't see anybody doing what the Giants did for Beltran.
    The Mets will certainly be looking for blue chip compensation and a couple of lower level guys with prospective big league careers.

It really depends on the market but with that many teams interested that certainly puts the Mets in the driver's seat when it comes to compensation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    The more times passes and I think the more they should trade him.

vCash
    Instead of Olt from the Rangers, I think the Mets could request Andrus and trade Murphy this offseason. It gives the Mets much better defense up the middle and they could find an AL team to give up some talent for Murph.

vCash
    if the rangers offer prospect martin perez & if e.andrus for dickey, i would hope alderson pulls the trigger. perez just adds another blue chip prospect in the system and andrus would be a great addition as ss(tejada would move to backup 2b/ss).

we would have to sign an mlb ready arm. w/o dickey; santana, niese,gee, harvey.

vCash
    Contract talks have progressed with R.A. Dickey, deal not close

According to Marc Carig of Newsday, R.A. Dickey says contract talks have progressed between he and the Mets, and Dickey feels the organization is heading in the right direction.

Nov. 8, 6:15 am: In his column for the New York Post, Joel Sherman says while it’s still early in the discussions, “the impression the Mets were leaving on executives at the General Managers Meetings was that there was a substantial gap between what they are willing to offer the righty and what they perceive Dickey wants.”

As a result, Sherman says the Mets are beginning to gauge Dickey’s value on the trade market at the GM Meetings this week, and will weigh their findings against keeping Dickey through 2013 and not signing him to an extension.

Sherman notes Dickey’s “sweetheart” contract for 2013 along with what he can potentially bring to a starting rotation are what the Mets are using to find that interest among other teams and says the Mets might entertain a deal for the right two or three player package.

Alternatively, the Mets can reassess Dickey’s value at the trade deadline, should they be unable to come to terms on a new deal and they cannot find the right trade partner this winter.

In the end, Sherman says the Mets remain conflicted as to how to deal with Dickey’s contract situation.

“One team official said that to have any chance at contention next year, the Mets need to retain their strength, which is starting pitching, and try to augment around that. However, another executive described a roster in need of multiple upgrades and limited prospects and dollars to address those holes. Dickey would provide a chip the Mets could turn into potentially a few long-term solutions,” Sherman writes.
    http://metsblog.com/metsblog/contrac...th-radickey43/

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Would you trade Dickey for Bauer+ another player?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    I really can't see the point of keeping RA now, DW - YES. Also, why on earth are we shopping 25 year old Niese, when we have RA Dickey who is 38?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    I really can't see the point of keeping RA now, DW - YES. Also, why on earth are we shopping 25 year old Niese, when we have RA Dickey who is 38?
    Because teams value a 25 yr old lefty more than a 38 year old knuckle baller.
    Hence your return would be greater.

vCash
    McCulloughSL Dickey sounds very optimistic about the future of the Mets organization. A marked change from his more skeptical tone in September.

Looks like Dickey might get what he wants ($).

vCash
    McCulloughSL One comparable contract that's come up during the Dickey negotiations: Jake Peavy's two-year, $29 million extension. nj.com/mets/index.ssf…

vCash
    McCulloughSL And it's unclear if the Mets will spend $14.5M per season on Dickey. So let's see how negotiations play out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You're saying RA Dickey has a better market value now than what Johan had after the 2007 season?
    RA is only making 5 million next season, small market teams can afford him. Johan was making 13.5 in 2008, very few teams could afford that.

So to answer you question, not better but a broader market value.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast