Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm ok with trading anyone at this point.

I just want to know what the actual plan of this organization is.

Is it to try to win with dominant pitching in the next few years? If so, trading Dickey doesn't make sense.

Is it to win by collecting sluggers? If so, get started.

Is it to win by stockpiling all sorts of young players who realistically won't help until at least 2015? If so, trade Wright, Dickey, Murphy, Santana (if someone bites), Parnell, etc. Trade anyone and everyone not likely to be a big part of the solution in 2+ years.

I think it's fair for fans, at this point, to see some transparency in the goal from this front office.
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 11-05-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but don't trade Parnell.
    Unless someone blows you away.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I'm ok with trading anyone at this point.

I just want to know what the actual plan of this organization is.

Is it to try to win with dominant pitching in the next few years? If so, trading Dickey doesn't make sense.

Is it to win by collecting sluggers? If so, get started.

Is it to win by stockpiling all sorts of young players who realistically won't help until at least 2015? If so, trade Wright, Dickey, Murphy, Santana (if someone bites), Parnell, etc. Trade anyone and everyone not likely to be a big part of the solution in 2+ years.

I think it's fair for fans, at this point, to see some transparency in the goal from this front office.
    Sandy is a very good politician, he knows how to divert that specific topic with double speech.

I think he should have been more honest and said the last 2 years were exactly what they were but of course that doesn't get people to the ballpark.

But we all saw it at the end of this year, people weren't buying it anymore and i dont see them buying this team even if they start off red hot next year until they show they can win after the all star break.

We all know its about 2014 now so i expect a very empty Citi Field next year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 05:30 PM.

vCash
    In order to get outfield help we will need to trade either Dickey or Niese

vCash
    Who would you trade Dickey for?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    In order to get outfield help we will need to trade either Dickey or Niese
    You keep the young LHP that's under control till 2018 with team options.

Deal Dickey if you have to deal a SP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Who would you trade Dickey for?
    This would prob be a good question in the MLB forum. Get an idea of what fans from other teams would be willing to trade for him.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I want Olt and Leonys Martin and nothing short of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    I agree with this post. Well said Metswon69.

Im a Yankees fan but I hadn't seen this rumor before lurking on here and I'd like to give my two cents...

If the Mets can get a trade in the works for RA Dickey, especially with 12 teams interested that means one team will overpay through the nose for his services.

It's like fishing. When you have many fish circling the bait there is ultimately always one fish who gets greedy and grabs onto the hook before all of the others.

Dangling RA Dickey to opposing teams would be like casting a line into the water.

Alderson is your fisherman, Mets fans. He can cast his line into the water or he can pack up, hold onto his bait, and head home. I think he should test the ocean and see which fish bites.

The Mets main focus both market wise and fan wise is too retain David Wright.

After that, Dickey will also need to be extended but investing too much money into both players will not allow for financial flexibility in other areas of importance.

By trading Dickey, the Mets will sell high on him and bring a ton back.

It's what needs to be done to build this team into a winner in the future.
    Good analogy.

I think the point is here, like Gotta said, this team needs to pick a direction.

Not this half in, half out mentality they have had in regards to not trading Reyes (although their chances of re-signing him were slight with the Marlins looking to make him their big splash in FA) but dealing Beltran for a rebuilding part in Wheeler is ok.

That sends mixed messages and it shows an organization that's not willing to commit to either one rebuilding or the other retooling.

They are at a complete stand still, they don't want to add payroll, but they don't want to deal their more meaningful assets on what is as currently constructed a 70-75 win ballclub.

If 2014 is the answer, re-sign Dickey and Wright.

If it isn't and we are going to again be stuck with minimal payroll flexibility for the foreseeable future (let's use 2015 or 2016 as a hypothetical example) then its time to deal everyone and start over.

vCash
    I like this proposal but if it were to happen what would we do with Wright?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I like this proposal but if it were to happen what would we do with Wright?
    Olt can play RF (although i don't trust his defense) and be the RH counterpart for Ike at first base when you need to sit him against LHP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Olt can play RF (although i don't trust his defense) and be the RH counterpart for Ike at first base when you need to sit him against LHP.
    That is exactly my way of thinking.

vCash
    I like that suggestion, I believe I mentioned Martin a while ago so this would be nice.

vCash
    Yeah, Martin would be just as good. A righty, lefty, righty of Harvey, Martin, Wheeler would be dynamite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yeah, Martin would be just as good. A righty, lefty, righty of Harvey, Martin, Wheeler would be dynamite.
    Not Martin Perez, but Leonys Martin the CF.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast