Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

3 5.17%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will say that is sticking out like a sore thumb is Ponder is tied for 4th in the NFL at getting sacked. 23 is the number. 29th for yards per att and 21st in yards.
    He is 10th in comp pct and that is a good thing.
    Thing is are two elements that are screwing his progress. 1st is the line. Kalil has been solid and........thats about it. I really feel like Sullivan Johnson, Fussco, and Loadhold just can not get it done. Ponder has no time. We need better balance on the line as much as our passing attack, infact more.
    the second thing is Musgrave. He is just not helping. seems like the team likes his game plan, but something there needs fixed and in a bad way.

I do feel like giving Ponder a better backup other than Webb would be alot more helpful.
    A guy like Chase Daniel or matt moore? Heck, even Jason Cambell.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    I will say that is sticking out like a sore thumb is Ponder is tied for 4th in the NFL at getting sacked. 23 is the number. 29th for yards per att and 21st in yards.
    He is 10th in comp pct and that is a good thing.
    Thing is are two elements that are screwing his progress. 1st is the line. Kalil has been solid and........thats about it. I really feel like Sullivan Johnson, Fussco, and Loadhold just can not get it done. Ponder has no time. We need better balance on the line as much as our passing attack, infact more.
    the second thing is Musgrave. He is just not helping. seems like the team likes his game plan, but something there needs fixed and in a bad way.

I do feel like giving Ponder a better backup other than Webb would be alot more helpful.
    A guy like Chase Daniel or matt moore? Heck, even Jason Cambell.
    Great post.

I will say on some of those sacks Ponder has held onto the ball to long, but a lot of the sacks have come up right through the middle multiple times. When you are getting about 2 seconds in the pocket no qb is going to succeed.

One thing I don't understand is why dont we attack the middle. Especially on play action. With the lbs always jumping we should always be able to go over the middle. It seems to me we never have anyone going across it. The middle should be where Harvin lives.

vCash
    I really cannot answer without knowing where we are drafting. If we are drafting around 10 I would be fore drafting a QB if it wasn't a major reach.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    I just hope Tyler Bray falls to us in about the third round that'll be cool but I don't think he'll fall that far. 6'6 214 with a big arm ands he's only 21 years old. Now I haven't seen him play that much but I like what I've seen when I did get to. He's not a sure thing by any means but I think he'll be a good project, just look up his stats for the year.

vCash
    Tyler Bray likely does not declare and waits a year and becomes a top 5 or top 10 pick in 2014. Right now I don't like any of the QB prospects in the draft so it is hard for me to know. I think we should still draft a WR and find a good backup in FA like a Matt Moore.

vCash
    Bray is terrible. I can't stand why anyone thinks he's a top prospect. He has better receivers then many NFL teams and he chokes and crumbles under pressure all the time.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    I want Tebow,,,,,I dont care what you say or how mad and sad you get over the thought. Right now anybody could pass better than Ponder...even Culpepper.

vCash
    I do think Tebow, Harvin, and Peterson could be an unreal rushing force. However lets be real Tebow can't throw the ball for ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I do think Tebow, Harvin, and Peterson could be an unreal rushing force. However lets be real Tebow can't throw the ball for ****
    Right now no QB of ours can throw the ball worth crap...Tebow will eventually figure out how to be a better passer and then he is going to be great...I wouldn't bet against him, even though for some Anti-Christian reason they do all the time. He marched down the field an wooped our *** last year, I was at the game...and what he did to the Steelers in OT in the Playoffs was nice aswell.

vCash
    I think we need to look at a few other alternatives before consider one at QB. This team has plenty of issues.

vCash
    Gotten so bad folks are asking for Tebow who is a worse passer than both Ponder and Webb...no to gimmicks please.

Hey what do you look for in a young QB as far as the qualities that will make him a decent QB things to build on.

Ability to make NFL throws
    Accuracy
    Pocket awarness
    Reading defenses
    How they react to pressure
    How they react to bad plays
    Ability to hold on to the football (turnovers)

Have any of you seen Ponder do any of these things that would make you believe you have something to build on.

vCash
    First 5 games yes, Last 4 games no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    The only way we should hire Sean Payton is if its for an excuse to get him alone in a room with Favre and a rusty iron pipe. That POS should have the **** beaten out of him for running a dirty football team. If we hire him I stop being a Vikings fan until he's run out of town.
    I agree, NO Payton. Unless there is a miraculous turnaround in offensive production, I would can Musgrave at end of season, hire a new OC and see what he can do with Ponder.....

vCash
    The thing that I see most alarming is that Ponder becomes complete crap against even 5 man rushes, any blitz and he can't do ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    First 5 games yes, Last 4 games no.
    Really man really may I ask which of those qualities you saw? Guess he was accurate on a two yard bubble screen that Harvin would get 15 yac on

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast