Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

3 5.17%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Maybe you can be our new OC. I hear you are going to get fired tomorrow..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I hope we don't win another game. There is absolutely no use in winning anymore. This team is no where near a playoff team. Suck and get top picks should be our new strategy. Throw Ponder out there and open up the offense let him adjust at the line and see if he can handle it. This is not the time to handcuff him.
    How can you hope your team doesn't win another game, really man? There is no reason to just tank and throw away the season, teams don't grow that way.

vCash
    Honestly man I'm not talking trash and I'm being serious are you somehow related or a close friend to Ponder because you refuse to let him take credit for anything bad he does out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    How can you hope your team doesn't win another game, really man? There is no reason to just tank and throw away the season, teams don't grow that way.
    Yep I totally agree. People *****ed and moaned that we defeated Washington last year, well guess what Herm Edwards says "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" no more suck for luck talk.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I will always root for us to win but what does winning one or two more games do for us in the long run?? Our gm has stated that we are building through the draft.

vCash
    I will always root for us to win but what does winning one or two more games do for us in the long run?? Our gm has stated that we are building through the draft.
    So first you don't want to put any blame on Ponder. Now you want us to tank to get a mediocre draft pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Honestly man I'm not talking trash and I'm being serious are you somehow related or a close friend to Ponder because you refuse to let him take credit for anything bad he does out there.
    Might want to look again. I have said and we continue to say that this whole team deserves blame. Some people more then others, but everyone deserves blame. I have said that Ponder has regressed and in the past couple weeks has looked terrible. He has missed throws and also has made terrible decisions.

vCash
    What does winning one or two more games do for us in the long run??
    You can't quantify everything by statistics. Maybe its the one game where Ponder finally shut everybody the **** up about weather he can throw a deep ball or not. Maybe its the game where Marcus Sherels established himself as our punt returner or Walsh added to his fast growing rep for being a clutch kicker. Where we slot in the draft be damned, winning is never not good.

I can just imagine how much longer Frazier would last in his job if he said "Well guys, you know we have some losses, and we probably weren't going to get to the play-offs anyways so why don't we just throw every game from here to January, just kick back and take it easy. We'll probably have stuff figured out by next year, and most of you might even be here to see it, so we'll just see what happens then."

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Lol no seriously tho we can still make the playoffs if we can get some better play calls and qb play. We need Atleast to go 10 and 6 that should get us in a wild card spot but we gotta finish strong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    So first you don't want to put any blame on Ponder. Now you want us to tank to get a mediocre draft pick

What? I said I want to see Ponder given freedom to try things out, and if we don't win another game it really doesn't matter. This team isn't a playoff team, we knew that at the beginning of the year and should know it now. Also with our upcoming schedule I don't expect a mediocre draft pick.

vCash
    Might want to look again. I have said and we continue to say that this whole team deserves blame. Some people more then others, but everyone deserves blame. I have said that Ponder has regressed and in the past couple weeks has looked terrible. He has missed throws and also has made terrible decisions.
    Ok maybe I missed a few posts but you still didnt say if there was any relation, hey thats cool if so will he be over for thanksgiving.

vCash
    What? I said I want to see Ponder given freedom to try things out, and if we don't win another game it really doesn't matter. This team isn't a playoff team, we knew that at the beginning of the year and should know it now. Also with our upcoming schedule I don't expect a mediocre draft pick.
    I'm sick of that attitude. We ALL thought we wouldn't be a playoff team but when we start of 5-2 you kind of expect things to be a little different.

And thats not even to mention that we had a very GOOD shot at the 6th seed considering the the rest of the NFC has be strangely mediocre outside of the top 5 teams.

So to say we weren't going to be a playoff team anyway is just stupid because we proved that we could play with anybody in this league and then we go and throw away winnable games. We could have beat the Redskins. We could have beat the Seahawks. We could have beat the Bucs. Granted, the NFL doesn't work that way but it doesn't matter because our team is GOOD enough to make the playoffs but for some reason we always get a defeatist attitude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Ok maybe I missed a few posts but you still didnt say if there was any relation, hey thats cool if so will he be over for thanksgiving.
    I have said a few posts, but mostly I have had to defend ponder because some people are going way overboard. This team won't benefit from Ponder watching Webb because Ponder knows what Musgrave wants him to do. Everyone always said when watching film Ponder is always the first to pick up on the stuff, it is just translating that to the field. This is why I think Ponder just needs to be given the freedom to use what he sees on film and use it on the field. Make some pre snap reads. Ponder is a really smart guy. He knows the x's and o's.

I could be totally wrong, but so far we have no idea because Ponder is forced to follow Musgrave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I'm sick of that attitude. We ALL thought we wouldn't be a playoff team but when we start of 5-2 you kind of expect things to be a little different.

And thats not even to mention that we had a very GOOD shot at the 6th seed considering the the rest of the NFC has be strangely mediocre outside of the top 5 teams.

So to say we weren't going to be a playoff team anyway is just stupid because we proved that we could play with anybody in this league and then we go and throw away winnable games. We could have beat the Redskins. We could have beat the Seahawks. We could have beat the Bucs. Granted, the NFL doesn't work that way but it doesn't matter because our team is GOOD enough to make the playoffs but for some reason we always get a defeatist attitude.
    When our team (Christian Ponder included) was 5-2 it was good enough to make the playoffs. Ponder isn't the only one who's play has trailed off, he's just the most visible and easiest to blame (and again, he does deserve his fair share of the blame, however at this point it should not ALL be on him). We need to ride out the tough times too.

Just benching/replacing Ponder is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction and really does absolutely nothing to help the team, at all. Joe Webb can't make our O-line pick up a blitz or make our WRs run faster and get open. He can't make Musgrave call better plays either. He might be able to do some things (like run faster) better than Ponder but that really amounts to a small part of the equation.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I wanna know if anyone in this forum would take Alex smith over Ponder?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast