Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What route should we take if we replace Christian Ponder at QB?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who said anything about replacing Christian Ponder?

    16 27.59%
  • Draft the best QB available in the 2013 draft even if we need to trade up to #1 to get him.

    9 15.52%
  • Draft a 1st round QB but don't trade up.

    3 5.17%
  • Draft a QB somewhere after the 1st round.

    8 13.79%
  • Trade for a QB.

    9 15.52%
  • Sign someone in free agency.

    10 17.24%
  • Joe Webb can start because he's better anyways.

    3 5.17%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 260
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Land of the sun
    Posts
    3,529
    vCash
    1500
    This topic is frustrating because we all know by drafting Ponder at 12 last year handcuffed Minnesota at the position and we are pretty much stuck in a bad situation for at least this season and the next. They wont draft a QB high and wont sign a big name there so we just sit back and hope Ponder all of a sudden becomes a factor...yup that just made me a lil sad too folks sorry.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,304
    vCash
    1500
    I would stick with Fraiser. But we do need a proven good Offencive Cor. Norv Turner would make for a nice fit here.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    1500
    There won't be any cant miss qbs available to us this offseason unless something crazy happens, but there will be a lot of good coaches and coordinators available that I would like us to bring in to help this team, and ponder develop and take the next step into becoming elite.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    1500
    Although I do like Tyler Bray lol .

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    I've mentioned Philip Rivers in an amplitude of different threads already. He's getting at a point in his career where how much longer does San Diego want to continue with him? We could throw some high draft picks in a trade for him and he could be that QB we need to run this offense. Pick up a stud WR in the draft or free agency and pair Rivers with Harvin, Rudolph, Peterson, and another deep wideout and we would be competitive again.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,574
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I've mentioned Philip Rivers in an amplitude of different threads already. He's getting at a point in his career where how much longer does San Diego want to continue with him? We could throw some high draft picks in a trade for him and he could be that QB we need to run this offense. Pick up a stud WR in the draft or free agency and pair Rivers with Harvin, Rudolph, Peterson, and another deep wideout and we would be competitive again.
    He's also reached the point in his career where he's fast turning into a pick machine and his play is regressing for no apparent reason. This is one of those expensive trades where we could get really burnt on. It would be kind of interesting to bring him and Norv Turner here, however we'd need to do some retooling to get a vertical pass game going with this roster. Simpson could probably fit with that, Harvin maybe but we'd need a big, fast Vincent Jackson type to make things really work out.

    Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

    WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    Cmp Att Comp% Yds Avg Tds lng Ints Fumb Qbr Rating
    182 284 64.1 1,806 6.36 10 45 8 3 46.8 82.0

    175 263 66.5 1866 7.10 12 46 10 6 42.5 86.5

    Pretty comparable if you ask me..

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    He's also reached the point in his career where he's fast turning into a pick machine and his play is regressing for no apparent reason. This is one of those expensive trades where we could get really burnt on. It would be kind of interesting to bring him and Norv Turner here, however we'd need to do some retooling to get a vertical pass game going with this roster. Simpson could probably fit with that, Harvin maybe but we'd need a big, fast Vincent Jackson type to make things really work out.
    Yeah it could turn out bad but honestly he's one of the more intriguing players that could do well here. Plus its obviously very situational. We aren't going to draft a QB and there aren't many FA QBs that we would be better off with than Ponder so if we wanted to go in another direction, a trade would be the only option imo and Rivers is one of the more realistic candidates.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,742
    vCash
    1500
    We started the season with a lot more short passes. Christian looked comfortable, completed passes at a high percentage, and things looked just fine re his progression.

    then, for some reason, the game plan changed, he struggled some, and at this point has lost some confidence..........there were at least two times yesterday where he looked right at an open receiver, had the time to throw, and STILL hesitated...that's confidence, not mechanics or even decision making

    I just don't think there's anything wrong with him a better protection scheme and a far better game plan doesn't solve. And it p's me off that part of the game plan hasn't put Webb in for at least a few plays and given Ponder a break at the same time

    unless you guys think new gal pal Samantha Steele is messin' him up
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    We started the season with a lot more short passes. Christian looked comfortable, completed passes at a high percentage, and things looked just fine re his progression.

    then, for some reason, the game plan changed, he struggled some, and at this point has lost some confidence..........there were at least two times yesterday where he looked right at an open receiver, had the time to throw, and STILL hesitated...that's confidence, not mechanics or even decision making

    I just don't think there's anything wrong with him a better protection scheme and a far better game plan doesn't solve. And it p's me off that part of the game plan hasn't put Webb in for at least a few plays and given Ponder a break at the same time

    unless you guys think new gal pal Samantha Steele is messin' him up
    No one had a gameplan for us yet. You can't just throw swing outs to percy every play of every game. It's easy to stop. Teams figured us out. We are so one dimensional its embarrassing.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    3,711
    vCash
    1500
    Look guys, i really want ponder to succeed. I hope to god he turns it around. I like him, BUT lets say we go 6-10 maybe 7-9. Realistically i think we go 6-10 wouldnt be surprised we go 5-11 tbh. We have a TOUGH SCHEDULE coming up.


    So if we're 6-10 we'll most likely be in the top 10-12 range in the draft. And if ponder continues to not show anything, i honestly wouldn't mind drafting Geno Smith. He would be our RG3/Cam Newton. Him and AP would be nasty.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,310
    vCash
    1500
    Patience is fine if there is "progress" - I like Ponder but he has regressed. Let him take a week off or two off and Look at things from the sidelines. We still have an outside shot at the playoffs but not the way we have looked on offense the past 3 weeks.

    Ponder's body language and "deer in headlights" look is clear that he needs a break.

    Webb gives them a totally different look and may give us a boost. Can't be worse that the last 3 weeks.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Let's let somebody with some actual knowledge of this team shine some light on Mr. Ponder:

    @TomPelissero: The volume of "fire/bench everyone" emails/tweets makes evident many #Vikings fans have lost the plot. This team wasn't built for '12.

    ‏@TomPelissero: Second-year QB passer ratings: Dalton (86.7), Ponder (82.0), Gabbert (78.4), Newton (77.7). Life's not easy when defenses get a book on you.

    @TomPelissero: That's not to say all of those QBs will end up being successes or none of them will. But patience is a virtue at the position.

    @TomPelissero: Today was Ponder's 19th NFL start. Here's another QB's stat line in 19th start: 12-of-31, 152 yards, 2 INTs, 27.9 rating. Anyone know who? (Eli Manning)

    @TomPelissero: Not saying Ponder is Eli Manning. But that guy was booed for 3.5 years, now has 2 rings. Patience is a virtue. Instant success is rare

    @TomPelissero: I'm not even defending Ponder. He has been brutal of late. But it's part of the bigger picture. The book isn't written on his career here.
    Ha, great post. I just posted this in the Christian Ponder thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    We just need to take a couple deep breaths boys. We have to keep Ponder in there. Just take a moment to look at this link of Eli Manning. It took Eli 5 years to record a season of over an 80 rating. I'd be open to a new OC but I think as we build we have to keep Ponder as our starter. Get some more weapons around him and then crucify if need be.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...26/eli-manning

    created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,301
    vCash
    1500
    I hope we don't win another game. There is absolutely no use in winning anymore. This team is no where near a playoff team. Suck and get top picks should be our new strategy. Throw Ponder out there and open up the offense let him adjust at the line and see if he can handle it. This is not the time to handcuff him.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    805
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    I hope we don't win another game. There is absolutely no use in winning anymore. This team is no where near a playoff team. Suck and get top picks should be our new strategy. Throw Ponder out there and open up the offense let him adjust at the line and see if he can handle it. This is not the time to handcuff him.
    I am president Obama and I approve this message.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •